What a disgusting Offensive effort

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is as much on the QB and the C to identify. Yes the playcaller has to adjust too. But handling the blitz at times comes down to the guys on the field executing. We didn't throw a hot route all day that I saw. 

QB and center. 

If you only protect josh with five and they rush 6 or 7 someone will get open on a rush

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Every play isn’t going to be a home run. Each punt in the first half was because Allen missed a throw or had a drop.  The plays were right.  

In the second half, we ran the ball well and simply got beat on a few plays. Overall, I had less than a few head scratching calls. 

The only thing I didn’t like were the roll pit passes that didn’t work all game. 

I suspect the play calling was worse than you acknowledge.

Why is Daboll calling long developing pass plays when he (should) know Baltimore is bringing 5-7 defenders quite often?  The number of times Josh was sitting in the pocket, holding the ball for greater than 3 seconds was noticeable.  This tended to end in a sack or incomplete pass.  

Not saying the execution was perfect, because it wasn't, but Daboll is not a good play caller.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, london_bills said:

It's not on mcdermott. If someone says he should of challenged and we would have won the game then I say if JOSH Allen CAN HIT ONE Of THOSE DEEP BALLS our Odds of winning go way up. 

It's a challenge that could of been overturned, josh allen passes were not eligible for challlenge

27 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It was truly offensive.

What do you think about their execution? 

(Someone had to!) 

2 minutes ago, TJC25 said:

If you only protect josh with five and they rush 6 or 7 someone will get open on a rush

....and on a hot route. It’s a chess match. We lost. 

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So they disguised blitzes. It’s the nfl and it happens every game. Josh can’t block for himself.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Calling out the wrong calls. Allen didn't know where the blitz was coming from multiple times today.

Just now, Bigantall said:

It's a challenge that could of been overturned, josh allen passes were not eligible for challlenge

Unfortunately josh Allen's deep passes are not eligible for challenging no! If Only. 

Look, I think mcdermott would of got some info that it wasnt worth challenging. At least I trust that. 

He could of challenged it but I can't blame him fully for that and do NOT put the blame on him fully there for the result. 

28 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Daboll wasn’t the problem 

I RARELY agree with this take. In fact, I think today is the first. But I agree 100%. Today was all execution. Guys were open deep, Allen overshot them, guys are open and Allen makes a throw, the receivers drop it. Run plays get called, Ford or Knox whiff a block. Daboll is far from the problem. Today is completely execution. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Calling out the wrong calls. Allen didn't know where the blitz was coming from multiple times today.

Josh called people blitzing. The problem was daboll had long developing routes when josh didnt have the time. If they bring 7 we got five blocking we are screwed 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He's not seeing what is going on. There's 10-15 seconds after they line up. Allen is making all the calls.

Morse is there to help (and centers around the league help). And if he isn't doing it then he isn't earning his contract because purely his physical play has been no better than average. 

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I RARELY agree with this take. In fact, I think today is the first. But I agree 100%. Today was all execution. Guys were open deep, Allen overshot them, guys are open and Allen makes a throw, the receivers drop it. Run plays get called, Ford or Knox whiff a block. Daboll is far from the problem. Today is completely execution. 

Spot on! 

30 minutes ago, TJC25 said:

They blitzed all game .daboll called the worst game I've ever seen no quick plays Beasley should of eaten this game and he is running 15 20 yard route 

Daboll went back to the playcalling that got him on the hot seat to begin with...our blitz pickup is horrendous and daboll had no quick plays to counter it...it sucks bc we should have won this game

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SJDK said:

I disagree he was calling it out. You could see him doing it. Blockers gotta block

We have no idea what he was calling out though. He could have been setting the wrong protections, changing the routes or making dummy calls. We’ll never know. Simply shouting things at the line doesn’t prove he’s doing the right thing

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billever76 said:

Daboll went back to the playcalling that got him on the hot seat to begin with...our blitz pickup is horrendous and daboll had no quick plays to counter it...it sucks bc we should have won this game

Exactly no slants, no option routes, no reverses, no shallow crossers no help for josh and he got hit all day not going to win like that

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TJC25 said:

Indeed. But that means there are opportunities for the offense to make plays because there are open receivers. That is why sometimes you want the center and the QB to be able to identify that and find the spot where we have an open guy. If your adjustment is just for the OC to call max protect every play you have lost the battle and the defense has won.