Panthers will try to trade Cam Newton in offseason

syhuang

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

And go with Kyle Allen?  LOL!

Good luck with both of those things.

Kyle Allen has been decent for a no name guy though. When he’s bad he’s pretty bad, but he’s doing a good job running their offense for the most part. They also have will Grier stashed for next year too. 

Not a lot of suitors. Broncos, Bears, maybe Colts. Possibly Steelers or Chargers if Rivers/Ben decide to retire. Plus he'll be competing with Dalton for a landing spot, who I'd bet some teams would prefer. Miami & Cinci will draft their QBs, no way would they give up an early 2nd rounder for a bridge QB.

2 minutes ago, Conlan58 said:

It is also trade speculation on that thread as well. Way more interested in OBJ than Newton at this point. 

Ewwww I can’t see the bills having any interest in either. Big news stories to follow though in the offseason 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Kyle Allen has been decent for a no name guy though. When he’s bad he’s pretty bad, but he’s doing a good job running their offense for the most part. They also have will Grier stashed for next year too. 

He looks like another Jacoby Brissett: a placeholder until they get a real QB.  The theory about tanking next year to get Lawrence makes some sense in that respect.

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Ewwww I can’t see the bills having any interest in either. Big news stories to follow though in the offseason 

Im not so sure... with the interest in AB, I think they believe they have the locker room to absorb that kind of personality and get a team first attitude from him. 

Just now, Doc said:

He looks like another Jacoby Brissett: a placeholder until they get a real QB.  The theory about tanking next year to get Lawrence makes some sense in that respect.

Yeah he’s not the answer long term but I think he showed this year he can make some plays and get the ball to the playmakers. Be interesting to see what direction Carolina goes. They’re making some weird moves 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Yeah he’s not the answer long term but I think he showed this year he can make some plays and get the ball to the playmakers. Be interesting to see what direction Carolina goes. They’re making some weird moves 

The problem is he might make enough plays to prevent them from getting the 1st overall pick and Lawrence.  Not unlike Miami and Fitz.

And again people, realize that Newton will demand a huge new contract from any team that trades for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 947 said:

Not a lot of suitors. Broncos, Bears, maybe Colts. Possibly Steelers or Chargers if Rivers/Ben decide to retire. Plus he'll be competing with Dalton for a landing spot, who I'd bet some teams would prefer. Miami & Cinci will draft their QBs, no way would they give up an early 2nd rounder for a bridge QB.

Honestly, i would love to see dalton as a Bill. I think he offers a lot in the qb room, and could be a great upgrade over barkley. I like barkley for 1-2 games should allen go down, but i feel like dalton would be a better backup if the bills need one for longer than just a couple of games. 

51 minutes ago, Estro said:

I saw this one coming a year ago.  The Panthers, under Tepper sre going to go all in to position themselves to select Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 draft.  In order to do that, they need to bottom out during the 2020 season.

Lawrence, the Clemson product would be a huge hit in the Carolina market......and the Panthers will clearly be in the QB market once they trade Newton.

They're going to have a lot of work to do for that as feel overall there's too much talent to end up in last to get Lawrence.  Need to trade many for picks or something to get that bad that fast.

1 hour ago, Say When... said:

looking for a starter

• Chargers - if they think they are close with everything else
  • Bucs - lots of potential on that O
  • Jags - not sure they absolutely believe in Rico
  • Denver - lock still unknown
  • Raiders - Gruden flips on Derek?  trade eyeliner for cross-dressing?

I'd say bucs or jags, mostly jags. Cam isn't the style of QB Gruden likes, I think gruden wants to find his young QB of the future.  And chargers will probably stick with rivers until he dies.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

And go with Kyle Allen?  LOL!

Good luck with both of those things.

They are in rebuilding mode. KA is a SOLID # 2.

I don’t think their cap situation is good. My guess is they are going to cut to get cap room. This is where my “ Pipe dream” of us getting Luke Kuechly comes from.

• Like (+1) 1