Panthers will try to trade Cam Newton in offseason

syhuang

I saw this one coming a year ago.  The Panthers, under Tepper sre going to go all in to position themselves to select Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 draft.  In order to do that, they need to bottom out during the 2020 season.

Lawrence, the Clemson product would be a huge hit in the Carolina market......and the Panthers will clearly be in the QB market once they trade Newton.

looking for a starter

• Chargers - if they think they are close with everything else
  • Bucs - lots of potential on that O
  • Jags - not sure they absolutely believe in Rico
  • Denver - lock still unknown
  • Raiders - Gruden flips on Derek?  trade eyeliner for cross-dressing?

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I can’t imagine the market will be very large. 

Agreed.  I'm not sure of the cap status of the team's below, but the rest have either a young QB, established superior vet, or are likely to draft their future QB.

Chicago

Pats?

Steelers

Raiders

Chargers

Titans

Colts

Jags

Wildcards might be Giants.

Many of the above are stretches IMO but maybe it is enough of a market.

I expect the Chargers, Dolphins, and Bears to take a look at this as an option. I don't really know who else outside of them. I don't think they get the return they are looking for either. Imo, they'll be lucky to get a 2nd and 4th/5th offer for Cam. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

because it may have an effect on the bills ya know.. The OBJ story is on here to and we don’t even play Cleveland again this season. (Mindblown) 

It is also trade speculation on that thread as well. Way more interested in OBJ than Newton at this point.