Wk#14 Bills vs Ravens PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, RavensFan said:

It worked well for the Ravens and Jets, so ...

For a time. Teams figured it out by the end of his Jets tenure.

Simple fact is that he took a top-5 unit that had 50+ sacks in consecutive seasons and turned it into a mess of a unit that generated no pressure.

Teams learned that short passes and motion forced them into multiple checks per play. It was a total cluster.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

wouldn't last weeks game, Balt/San Fran equal the same amount of wins between two teams as this weeks game between Buf/Balt?

Argue if you want. Last week was 2 games less than this week.

42 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Eggs bacon potatoes and eggos down. First beer in a few hours

A FEW HOURS?!?? 

lightweight..?

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

For a time. Teams figured it out by the end of his Jets tenure.

Simple fact is that he took a top-5 unit that had 50+ sacks in consecutive seasons and turned it into a mess of a unit that generated no pressure.

Teams learned that short passes and motion forced them into multiple checks per play. It was a total cluster.

No one figured it out, the Jets defense was old by the time he got to his final years there and when he got here the linebackers were too slow and the team didn’t buy in to the scheme switch. 10 years of history vs four. I’ll take the 10 thanks.

no expectations today tbh

ravens are by far the best team in the league. just hope the game doesn't get out of hand. I wanna see Josh and the offense play well again, hope we feed Devin and not force Allen to win the game for us 

next week vs pittsburg is our superbowl 

Edited by Tesla03

Just now, Rampage said:

No one figured it out, the Jets defense was old by the time he got to his final years there and when he got here the linebackers were too slow and the team didn’t buy in to the scheme switch. 10 years of history vs four. I’ll take the 10 thanks.

And you'd be wrong, and that's ok. I'll take what I saw with my own eyes, watching teams totally manipulate his defense into terrible situations.

Give ya a perfect example: home game against Cincinnati in 2015. Goal to go situation. Bengals go to 11 personnel, so Rex goes small and leaves Preston Brown as the only LB on the field. That's manipulation #1. Manipulation #2: They motion Bernard, the lone setback, out of the backfield going empty, so Brown vacates the middle of the field to cover Bernard, leaving 4 lineman in the box. Bubble screen to MLJ, who goes from the 10 to the goal line untouched.

I can think of at least 10 other examples off the top of my head.

5 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Have fun guys ! Hope the Bills win. Just boarded a 15 hr flight and will miss all of today's action 

Hoping you cause many to stop and stare at the destination airport when you learn we won AND are in the playoffs! 

Caution: Some Countries frown on this..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

no expectations today tbh

ravens are by far the best team in the league. just hope the game doesn't get out of hand. I wanna see Josh and the offense play well again, hope we feed Devin and not force Allen to win the game for us 

next week vs pittsburg is our superbowl 

I generally agree but I do think we have a fighting chance.  Were at home and we are peaking at the right time.  Ravens are a lock and are playing for homefield at best.  Also our D is used to practicing vs a QB who can run and we have lots of film on Lamar.  If we can shut down his run game we can win.

• Like (+1) 1