Complimenting someone as "well-spoken" is apparently racist

8 hours ago, Bakin said:

This is the absolute stupidest news story of the week - and that’s saying a lot. 
Not sure who I hate more - Booker for calling Bloomberg’s compliment a ‘trope’ or Bloomberg for apologizing. What a *****. 

...Jesus we're sinking fast....SMH..........

9 hours ago, Bakin said:

This is the absolute stupidest news story of the week - and that’s saying a lot. 
Not sure who I hate more - Booker for calling Bloomberg’s compliment a ‘trope’ or Bloomberg for apologizing. What a *****. 

Bloomberg should have said “who explained to Booker what ‘trope’ means?”

• Haha (+1) 5

On 12/7/2019 at 8:56 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/06/michael-bloomberg-cory-booker-well-spoken

I thought I was misreading something when I initially saw this headline. Apparently, we're not allowed to call a minority individual "well-spoken" for fear that our compliment is actually a backhanded insult. I seriously can't with this culture anymore.

At some point, we need to stop trying to be offended at things. And this is coming from a left-leaning independent.

Trying to compliment a minority? Forget it, I guess.

"You look nice!" Response: Are you saying that black people don't usually look nice?
"You're very well spoken." Response: What, are you saying that's unusual?
"You're really good at fixing things!" Response: What, does that surprise you?

?

One time a buddy of mine was hitting on a light skinned black girl at a bar. She said something about being black and he, visibly surprised, told her she was the best looking black girl he'd ever seen.

He followed that up by telling her, as though it were a great compliment, that he couldn't even tell she was black.

The real kicker is, it worked. 

True story.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

One time a buddy of mine was hitting on a light skinned black girl at a bar. She said something about being black and he, visibly surprised, told her she was the best looking black girl he'd ever seen.

He followed that up by telling her, as though it were a great compliment, that he couldn't even tell she was black.

The real kicker is, it worked. 

True story.

What happened when he found out "she" had the same equipment as he did?