SEC Championship Game- Who would you like to see in a Bills jersey?

Hope everyone’s enjoying their Saturday night! I’m sure some of you are watching this LSU-Georgia game as well. Not particularly close so far, but two very talented teams loaded with NFL prospects and I can’t help but imagine a few of them in Bills jerseys.

Give me any of Justin Jefferson (WR-LSU #2), Clyde Edwards-Helaire (RB-LSU #22) and Rashard Lawrence (DT-LSU #90) and I will be very happy on draft night. Jefferson looks so athletic, separates easily, and has huge YAC ability. Edwards-Helaire is so impressive as a receiver out of the backfield and runs with the power of a back who weighs 20-30 more lbs than he does. And Lawrence is so strong against the run and has a endless motor. 

Know it’s a bit early for draft threads, but it’s fun to think about how this team could get even better in the coming months. Anyone else jumping off the screen for you guys that might be a fit for our Bills? Cheers! 

17 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

We'll have to wait a few years....but Stingley.

For sure! I actually had him listed in my OP but deleted it when they said he was a freshman. He looks unbelievable, both INTs were NFL level plays on the ball. 

Also, we need to really hope that Burrow doesn’t wind up in our division. Looks like a no doubt superstar. We need Dalton to not win Cincy any more games! Or for Fitzmagic to beat the Jets tomorrow

13 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Hope everyone’s enjoying their Saturday night! I’m sure some of you are watching this LSU-Georgia game as well. Not particularly close so far, but two very talented teams loaded with NFL prospects and I can’t help but imagine a few of them in Bills jerseys.

Give me any of Justin Jefferson (WR-LSU #2), Clyde Edwards-Helaire (RB-LSU #22) and Rashard Lawrence (DT-LSU #90) and I will be very happy on draft night. Jefferson looks so athletic, separates easily, and has huge YAC ability. Edwards-Helaire is so impressive as a receiver out of the backfield and runs with the power of a back who weighs 20-30 more lbs than he does. And Lawrence is so strong against the run and has a endless motor. 

Know it’s a bit early for draft threads, but it’s fun to think about how this team could get even better in the coming months. Anyone else jumping off the screen for you guys that might be a fit for our Bills? Cheers! 

Even though he's similar in size to Singletary, I would absolutely LOVE to have Edwards-Helaire in a Bills jersey next year.  He just seems like he could be an absolute matchup nightmare if he's used right at the next level.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, DocLawless said:

CeeDee Lamb jumps off the screen when I watch him. Seems like an electric player with tons of talent. Not sure how/if his game will translate to the NFL, or if he is a process guy, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uni!

Definitely a great WR prospect and would bring a different skill set to our current group...would be a good fit for us but think there’s a decent chance he’s gone before our pick though ?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Even though he's similar in size to Singletary, I would absolutely LOVE to have Edwards-Helaire in a Bills jersey next year.  He just seems like he could be an absolute matchup nightmare if he's used right at the next level.

Yeah the size point is an important one...I think a lot of people would like us to grab a bigger Derrick Henry type RB to complement Singletary and that’s probably not a bad idea.

However, Edwards-Helaire is just too good to pass up if we have a shot at him. He never goes down on first contact, he catches everything thrown his way, and is a matchup nightmare as you mentioned despite playing in the SEC against NFL-caliber defenders. The guy just makes plays and isn’t that what this offense needs? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Yeah the size point is an important one...I think a lot of people would like us to grab a bigger Derrick Henry type RB to complement Singletary and that’s probably not a bad idea.

However, Edwards-Helaire is just too good to pass up if we have a shot at him. He never goes down on first contact, he catches everything thrown his way, and is a matchup nightmare as you mentioned despite playing in the SEC against NFL-caliber defenders. The guy just makes plays and isn’t that what this offense needs? 

Absolutely.  I think with a good o-line, you can plug in just about any running back in a system and have some success but back like Edwards-Helaire are special because you can line them up wide or just routes out of the backfield all game...think Sproles, Kamara, James White, etc.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

ACC championship has the player I want 

T Higgins

Higgins X 100

He’ll probably ball out in the CFP so I doubt we have any shot at him, but he would be so perfect on the outside with his catch radius. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

if we have a shot?

He’s potentially a day three pick but with a good combine can be a day 2 guy. He could definitely be a good contributor 

11 hours ago, DocLawless said:

CeeDee Lamb jumps off the screen when I watch him. Seems like an electric player with tons of talent. Not sure how/if his game will translate to the NFL, or if he is a process guy, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uni!

scouts are saying he is the next Hopkins. physical WR that can catch anything, the exact type of WR Allen needs 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

if we have a shot?

He’s potentially a day three pick but with a good combine can be a day 2 guy. He could definitely be a good contributor 

Yeah of course, suppose that was a confusing choice of words on my part (didn't mean to imply that we should take him in Round 1 or anything). 

I could see him being a great value in Round 3 (pending combine results as you mentioned) and I just hope he doesn't get picked prior to our spot later in the round.

In an ideal world, I'm hoping we get a WR and an edge rusher in Rounds 1-2 and then grab Edwards-Helaire in the 3rd. 

51 minutes ago, noacls said:

Swift, the rb from UGA

Great player. Joe Marino from Locked On Bills and the Draft Network has Swift as his runaway #1 RB in this year's class.

Only concern here is the draft capital it would require. I think barring a collapse at the combine, he gets picked in the late 1st round or early 2nd round. That's a bit too high for my liking given our need at WR and edge rusher, but we definitely need to give Josh as many playmakers as possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Not SEC title game but I was thinking James Lynch.

Good shout, I'd actually never heard of him before. Are you a Baylor fan? What round do you think he's likely to be drafted in? 

Have watched a few highlights on Youtube now...looks to be very strong and can beat double teams. High motor and never quits on the play...could he be a perfect "Process" guy and possible Kyle Williams type player for our defense? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Good shout, I'd actually never heard of him before. Are you a Baylor fan? What round do you think he's likely to be drafted in? 

Have watched a few highlights on Youtube now...looks to be very strong and can beat double teams. High motor and never quits on the play...could he be a perfect "Process" guy and possible Kyle Williams type player for our defense? 

Was bored so I turned on the Baylor-OSU game and saw him and liked what I saw.  I could see him going high-1st but I can't say for sure.