Devin Singletary vs Leveon Bell 2019 Stats

DefenseWins

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please consider yourself free to 1) ignore any posts you find hard to read 2) Show Us All How It's Properly Done

If you turn your phone sideways into landscape mode everything lines up as it should and is readable.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I knew Bell would be a bust with the Jets.  I could tell by his willingness to sit out last year that football wasn't a true passion of his and that was confirmed by all the time he missed in the off-season and pre-season.  And I think that spending that amount of money on a RB's 2nd deal is insane, while it goes to show you that how a player performs in one system doesn't always translate.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please consider yourself free to 1) ignore any posts you find hard to read 2) Show Us All How It's Properly Done

Sure, it’s easy.  

Bell:  589 rush yards, 3.2 ypc, 3 TDs.  55 rec, 403 yards 1 TD.

Singletary:  553 yards, 5.6 ypc, 2 TDs.  20 rec, 161 yards, 2 TDs.  

Took like 30 seconds.  You’re welcome.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

I knew Bell would be a bust with the Jets.  I could tell by his willingness to sit out last year that football wasn't a true passion of his and that was confirmed by all the time he missed in the off-season and pre-season.  And I think that spending that amount of money on a RB's 2nd deal is insane, while it goes to show you that how a player performs in one system doesn't always translate.

Well said. He basically gave up what at the time was a pretty good shot at the HOF for what he thought would be more $$. HOF seems like an incredible long shot now having missed an entire season and now putting up less than pedestrian numbers with the Jets. Two wasted years under the age of 30. Not going to get better for him as he ages.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

Lest of course, he holds out and demands a new contract based on his AWESOME rookie year. 

All contracts for drafted rookies are now a mandatory four years in length and no such contract—even for young players who are dramatically undervalued—can be renegotiated until after three years have passed under the contract. ... As of this writing, several teams have their entire rookie class under contract.May 14, 2019

I watch a lot of college football and was singing his praises when we drafted him. Shifty in space, overlooked because of his size, college, and lack of a top end top gear. I thought he was first round talent 5-10 yards from the line of scrimmage. That is to say, the guy is hard to find, shifty, power, balance, acceleration. I really don't care if he's going to finish a 60 yard run or not at the clip he's breaking 10+ yard runs. 

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sure, it’s easy.  

Bell:  589 rush yards, 3.2 ypc, 3 TDs.  55 rec, 403 yards 1 TD.

Singletary:  553 yards, 5.6 ypc, 2 TDs.  20 rec, 161 yards, 2 TDs.  

Took like 30 seconds.  You’re welcome.

Bit if he did it on computer or tablet how is he supposed to know it doesn’t line up on your phone?

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or, Jets should have used the Bell money on the OL and picked up a capable RB anywhere - a run-of-the-mill RB can put up good numbers behind a strong OL

Bell, it was always clear, is and was an RB who needs at least a sound line in front of him

Exactly why there were many level-headed fans on this board that were against the Bills allocating that much cap space to a RB like Bell, when you could just as easily find a productive player in the 3rd Rd of the draft

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Exactly why there were many level-headed fans on this board that were against the Bills allocating that much cap space to a RB like Bell, when you could just as easily find a productive player in the 3rd Rd of the draft

ESPECIALLY when that player held out in such a drama-filled fashion. Beane and McD have thrown the gauntlet down... NONE of that crap is accepted in Buffalo. They will take a chance if need be, but NEVER for that much money.

3 hours ago, Augie said:
3 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

last years line. 
I don’t think bell is as elite as his Pittsburgh days but there’s no way he’s 3ypc bad. Jets should of used that Mosley money on the line.

Bell had a very unusual and patient style in Pittsburgh

Bell totally relied on the Pgh O-line that was elite when he was there. 

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Just wait till Beane finds us another RB in the draft next year. Two guys making half of what Bell makes. 

as Auggie said. Oline is a big reason why. Singletary has great vision and balance and shifty moves. 

I too would like to see another (young) impact RB on the roster next year.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SingDe00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BellLe00.htm

Compared to what the Jets have paid Bell, Singletary was a real bargain! Another great move by McBeane!! And to think the Bills will have him cheaply for another 3 years!

Never pays to overpay for a narcissistic RB.

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, why do people copy and paste these jumbled up stats all the time that are a nightmare to read instead of just typing the few key stats.  

I wouldn't exactly refer to them as "jumbled up stats". I posted the actual links to the Pro Football Reference page which has a wealth of more info on it for those who are interested in such things. Each to his own I guess. Some fans want more info while others want less. No harm either way as far as I am concerned. The essential thing here is that McBeane have a promising young player on their roster at a very affordable price for the next several years while the Jets seemingly overpaid and in my view could have used that money elsewhere (like their offensive line) to strengthen their team overall. 

Jets star RB Le'Veon Bell (illness) to miss Week 14

The Jets announced Saturday that their star running back has been downgraded from questionable to out with an undisclosed illness, and will not play in the team's home matchup against the Miami Dolphins (3-9)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001084695/article/jets-star-rb-leveon-bell-illness-to-miss-week-14

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Kid's a beast. Special talent. Another key piece for our Championship run

Not to hijack the thread and maybe this belongs in the Bills / Ravens thread, but I couldn't help but notice that number 1 and number 4 in this list play for the Ravens. I sure hope McD and Frazier have some answers for this 2-headed monster. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

These are always so painful to look at, maybe it's just on my phone?

Or you could try a PC...

LooksGoodHere.png

43 minutes ago, FLbills said:

Not to hijack the thread and maybe this belongs in the Bills / Ravens thread, but I couldn't help but notice that number 1 and number 4 in this list play for the Ravens. I sure hope McD and Frazier have some answers for this 2-headed monster. 

Actually, #s 4 & 5 play for the 49er's.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1