Devin Singletary vs Leveon Bell 2019 Stats

DefenseWins

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SingDe00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BellLe00.htm

Compared to what the Jets have paid Bell, Singletary was a real bargain! Another great move by McBeane!! And to think the Bills will have him cheaply for another 3 years!

Edited by DefenseWins
  • Like (+1) 3

Games Rushing Receiving Total Yds      
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Rush Yds TD 1D Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD 1D Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
2019 22 BUF rb 26 9 5 98 553 2 25 26 5.6 61.4 10.9 29 20 161 8.1 2 4 49 2.2 17.9 69.0% 5.6 118 6.1 714 4 2
2019    27 NYJ RB    26 12  12    183 589    3 25   19  3.2 49.1 15.3   67   55 403  7.3    1  19   23  4.6 33.6 82.1%      6.0     238      4.2     992         4      1

Singletary on top, Bell on bottom!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TDTT said:
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Rush Yds TD 1D Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD 1D Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
2019 22 BUF rb 26 9 5 98 553 2 25 26 5.6 61.4 10.9 29 20 161 8.1 2 4 49 2.2 17.9 69.0% 5.6 118 6.1 714 4 2
2019    27 NYJ RB    26 12  12    183 589    3 25   19  3.2 49.1 15.3   67   55 403  7.3    1  19   23  4.6 33.6 82.1%      6.0     238      4.2     992         4      1

Lol, why do people copy and paste these jumbled up stats all the time that are a nightmare to read instead of just typing the few key stats.  

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, why do people copy and paste these jumbled up stats all the time that are a nightmare to read instead of just typing the few key stats.  

Hard to tell what that said.....

It’s not just the RB, we invested heavily in the OLine, they did not. The game is won in the trenches for the most part. See the Darnold thread, and what’s happened to Josh Rosen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Hard to tell what that said.....

It’s not just the RB, we invested heavily in the OLine, they did not. The game is won in the trenches for the most part. See the Darnold thread, and what’s happened to Josh Rosen. 

Definitely a big offensive line difference there. Singletary I highly doubt could have the same impact with last years line. 
I don’t think bell is as elite as his Pittsburgh days but there’s no way he’s 3ypc bad. Jets should of used that Mosley money on the line.

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Definitely a big offensive line difference there. Singletary I highly doubt could have the same impact with last years line. 
I don’t think bell is as elite as his Pittsburgh days but there’s no way he’s 3ypc bad. Jets should of used that Mosley money on the line.

Bell had a very unusual and patient style in Pittsburgh. He waited, and waited....and eventually picked a hole because it developed. With the Jets? They should have seen this coming. You don’t have time to wait. You just get hit. 

I know money made the decision, because if it was about football he’d be a Steeler. I don’t hate him for that, he has to decide what’s best for him. I’m glad the Jets wasted so much cap space on a RB. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Bell had a very unusual and patient style in Pittsburgh. He waited, and waited....and eventually picked a hole because it developed. With the Jets? They should have seen this coming. You don’t have time to wait. You just get hit. 

I know money made the decision, because if it was about football he’d be a Steeler. I don’t hate him for that, he has to decide what’s best for him. I’m glad the Jets wasted so much cap space on a RB. 

Pittsburgh had a pretty decent line to boot and of course defenses couldn’t play too close to the line with brown and the other weapons and Ben throwing 40+ times a game. They really dropped the ball on probably their last chance for awhile at a Super Bowl run.

If I was a Jet fan I would be completely demoralized with the entire state of their team and the contracts some of those guys have, especially since they were kind of in the exact same position as buffalo at the exact same time.  I really don’t see much to build with on their roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SingDe00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BellLe00.htm

Compared to what the Jets have paid Bell, Singletary was a real bargain! Another great move by McBeane!! And to think the Bills will have him cheaply for another 3 years!

Lest of course, he holds out and demands a new contract based on his AWESOME rookie year. 

14 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Or, Jets should have used the Bell money on the OL and picked up a capable RB anywhere - a run-of-the-mill RB can put up good numbers behind a strong OL

Bell, it was always clear, is and was an RB who needs at least a sound line in front of him

• Like (+1) 5

42 minutes ago, TDTT said:

These are always so painful to look at, maybe it's just on my phone?

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Pittsburgh had a pretty decent line to boot and of course defenses couldn’t play too close to the line with brown and the other weapons and Ben throwing 40+ times a game. They really dropped the ball on probably their last chance for awhile at a Super Bowl run.

I think the Steelers would have still succeeded with Conner at RB.  There would have been some drop off but Roethlesberger was what made the Steelers an elite franchise

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or, Jets should have used the Bell money on the OL and picked up a capable RB anywhere - a run-of-the-mill RB can put up good numbers behind a strong OL

Bell, it was always clear, is and was an RB who needs at least a sound line in front of him

Yeah they had a decent mix with powell and the other guy they let go I forget his name I think he went to Oakland and got hurt right away. 

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Kid's a beast. Special talent. Another key piece for our Championship run

Makes me wonder.. have we handed it off to Devin 75+ times? Seems like we haven’t since he was under used and hurt early in the season. 

clearly we have but still. 

Edited by Nick the Greek

Just wait till Beane finds us another RB in the draft next year. Two guys making half of what Bell makes. 

as Auggie said, Oline is a big reason why Singletary has had great success. Singletary also possesses great vision and balance and shifty moves. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

These are always so painful to look at, maybe it's just on my phone?

Yeah, unfortunately on phone a number of things have troubles.  It's quite readable on computer.

14 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Makes me wonder.. have we handed it off to Devin 75+ times? Seems like we haven’t since he was under used and hurt early in the season.

98 rush handoffs, 29 pass targets, 127 touches

• Thank you (+1) 1