Smoke vs the team that gave up on him.

Forgive me if this has been brought up. Like Beasley and the Cowboys, John Brown is facing his old team Sunday. Not only that, his role with the Ravens diminished when Jackson became the starter.

I have to think Smoke will be extra motivated Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

I would guess it’s just another game for him. Baltimore didn’t do him dirty or anything. I’m guessing he was happy to get a half season of great stats to position himself for a good contract this year. Probably be more of a fun game for him vs a revenge kinda game. Good news is since Baltimore blitzes literally half their plays on defense Allen can have a monster game if he can complete anything over the top 

• Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Disagree they gave up on him. Definitely not a good fit for him once Lamar became starting QB. Smoke landed in a great spot!! Thank Jesus ?

I agree with your overall point.

HOWEVER...

It's super weird to me to think that John Brown is somehow not a fit for the Ravens offense, but Hollywood Brown somehow is. They're both fast, shifty dudes that have insane speeds and are killer on drags and go routes. They even have the same last name.

Does not compute.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Disagree they gave up on him.

Well....they did use a 1st round pick to draft Marquise Brown, who has slightly better numbers than John Brown put up last year.

29 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Definitely not a good fit for him once Lamar became starting QB. Smoke landed in a great spot!! Thank Jesus ?

It's probably unclear if they gave up on him, or if he simply felt he'd do better elsewhere where he could run a full route tree.

2 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

Disagree they gave up on him. Definitely not a good fit for him once Lamar became starting QB. Smoke landed in a great spot!! Thank Jesus ?

Just like in college, the majority of Lamar’s throws are relatively short and between the numbers.  That’s why Tight Ends are such a big part of his passing game. To Baltimore’s credit they designed an offense where he doesn’t have to do much more than what did in college.  

Brown’s skill set probably doesn’t match up well in that scheme.  We should be glad for that!

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Forgive me if this has been brought up. Like Beasley and the Cowboys, John Brown is facing his old team Sunday. Not only that, his role with the Ravens diminished when Jackson became the starter.

I have to think Smoke will be extra motivated Sunday.

After one season? I don't know.

I think he would have more motivation when he plays Arizona next year.

3 minutes ago, RavensFan said:

They drafted Hollywood a month after J. Brown signed with the Bills. So who moved on from whom?

Didn't the Ravens already release him though? Or told him he was free to explore free agency? Something along those lines, I may be mistaken.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

They already have their John Smoke Brown at a much cheaper price. His name is Marquise Hollywood Brown.