What nickname do you like best for Josh Allen?

2 hours ago, downunderbill said:

My wife noticed that when commentators were talking about players during games they'd mostly use their last name only, but always use Allens full name. 

Can someone explain why all of the commentators and announcers use just “Baker” for Baker Mayfield? I don’t watch pregame or cable shows much, but it’s always “Baker” when I’ve heard it. I don’t quite get that. 

2 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Can someone explain why all of the commentators and announcers use just “Baker” for Baker Mayfield? I don’t watch pregame or cable shows much, but it’s always “Baker” when I’ve heard it. I don’t quite get that. 

I know what you mean...not exactly the same but it used to aggravate me to no end every time Dierdorf would refer to Gronkowski as 'Gronk' or worse 'the GRONK'

3 hours ago, SuperBowlOrBust said:

How about Josh Fearless Alan? Or if we win all four games this month then he could become known as Mr December akin to Reggie being mr. October. Or then of course if we win the Superbowl then he could be Josh super Alan!

So part of the nickname is to spell his last name incorrectly? Seems weird.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm in favor of letting people's nicknames find them in the fullness of time, instead of seeking one for them.

He mentioned a nickname he had at Wyoming and I thought he was telling the truth, but not the whole truth, about why he had it.

But I won't say anything more about why I think that and what I think it means ?

"Hollywood?"