5 reasons why Buffalo Bills will beat Baltimore Ravens

HOUSE

There will be a sizable Ravens contingent to be sure, but it will have a negligible impact on the game. The Eagles game had plenty of opposing fans, but had little effect on the result as well. These games are really all about matchups, and the Ravens are a bad matchup for the Bills. They have a very good coaching staff and don’t need a big day passing to win the game. The Bills defense excels against the pass, but isn’t built to stop an old school hat on a hat ground attack. So this will come down to how effective the Bills offense can be at controlling the clock, consistently generating first downs , and scoring touchdowns. Ravens 35-21

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

The Bills are riding a three-game win streak of their own and are playing their best football of the season, still riding high on the heels of a 26-15 Thanksgiving Day win against the Dallas Cowboys. Buffalo has averaged 27.7 points per game and over 400 yards of offense during its win streak.

Not many folks are going to pick the Bills to win this game but I think it’s a good spot for Buffalo. Here are five reasons why I think they’ll win Sunday.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/12/5-reasons-why-buffalo-bills-will-beat-baltimore-ravens.html

Hey House:  Bottom line is we gotta take it to the House at least 3 times.  It's gonna be a wind tunnel, but we need some screens, play action, dink-n-dunks, downhill running, and a bomb would seal it.  My prediction:  27-17 Bills!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I was listening to Press Coverage on NFLR today, and surprisingly Vic and Dan both picked the Bills in an upset, but a very close game, and the Ravens commentator in Baltimore, not surprisingly picked the Ravens routing the Bills 31-13.  No respect.  I would expect him to pick the Ravens, but a routing?

I think we can win if the Bills from Thanksgiving shows up, but it is going to be tough.  I told my cousin I think this game goes down to the last drive of the game either way.  No routings on either side.

I don’t know how many of you watched last week’s Ravens game against arguable besides them the best team in the league in the 49ers.  I have never seen any team ever in the NFL play the RPO better than the Ravens.  They fooled the 49ers so many times whether it was a hand off to Ingram or Jackson taking it the other way.  It was beautiful.  For us to win we have to run a ton in those high winds, no huddle, and our defense effectively play contain and stay in their lanes.  We won’t stop them, but could slow them down.

• Like (+1) 1

Attempting to read this article in a subjective way, but it's difficult. From a Ravens fan perspective, let's revisit some of the articles key points:

1) Singletary will run for over 100 yards, effectively keeping the Ravens offense off the board.

Winning the TOP battle is a key point to consider when beating a team like the Ravens, who are currently #1 in TOP due to their strong running game. Another consideration will be for the Bills to be able to score touchdowns in addition to winning the TOP.  Baltimore currently leads the league with 406 offensive points scored which is 57 more than the 2nd place team, SF.  They are also 1st in 1st downs per game,  touchdowns scored (second place is SF), 5th in points allowed (defense), and 7th in yards allowed per game (defense). 

Up until the SF game last weekend, the Ravens are the NFL’s first team this season with touchdowns on each of its first four, five and six possessions of a game. So it is necessary for Buffalo to be able to score and score often to keep pace. 

2) Weather in Buffalo:  The weather will be just as much of a factor for each team. Baltimore's offense and Jackson do not have any problems running ball even when opponents sell out on the run. If we are going to focus on the running game, this advantage will be fully in Baltimore's favor. However, if the Bills are able to sustain drives and Allen can gain some key first downs with his legs as well as run in a TD or two, it could make things much tougher on the Ravens. 

So this item may be a moot point. 

3) Bills defensive backs will outshine Lamar:  Well, thus far this season this has not happened other than the Browns game that folks seem to enjoy pointing back to. The Ravens have played and beat the 1st, 2nd, 7th, and 9th best passing defenses with their only loss to a top passing defense being Cleveland at #6. Bills also lost to this putrid team. 

So, I suppose this is a wait and see approach, but the Ravens have already faced teams with fast playing secondaries, hard hitters and have been mostly successful. The Ravens have been masterful with adjusting to defensive alignments this season and what teams throw at them.

4) Josh Allen will be more effective as a dual threat:

So, I'm not sure what teams the author is comparing Josh's effectiveness against, as he is stating "more effective". More effective compared to? Josh has not rushed for more than 56 yards (albeit twice) in any game this season.  So gaining 60-100 yards on the ground will be an anomaly and very unlikely. 

However, I do agree that if Josh can be successful picking up 1st downs or running in a touchdown or two it could make all the difference in this game. Josh was able to score twice on the ground against Cleveland the #6 defense against the rush, therefore I would consider him to a be a viable threat on the ground against any team, including Baltimore.  And this could be a real advantage.

5) Stephen Hauschka will make his field goals. Well, with wind gusts up to 25mph (referencing weather.com) making field goals will not be in Hauschka's favor particularly given his struggles and inconsistencies.  Same goes for Tucker, although he has not been inconsistent whatsoever. 

The Bills -and- Ravens best bet will to score touchdowns rather than field goals and not rely on the kicking game in high wind gusts. 

I'll throw out a #6 which I feel the author overlooked. The Bills should have the mindset of playing aggressive on offense going for it on 4th and short. If the Bills want to match the Ravens intensity, they will need to go for it on 4th downs -and- be successful. So hopefully they practiced 4th down conversions ad nauseum over the course of the last 10 days. 

Edited by InheritedBillsfan

4 hours ago, DRA3196 said:

I was surprised in the 5 reasons listed, not one of them mentioned that it was a home game. The 12th man is going to be bringing it tomorrow. This is the biggest home game in a long time.  I expect the energy level in the stands to be off the charts during the game. 3rd downs for Baltimore will be deafening. 

I would replace reason#5 with your 12th man reason. If it comes down to a battle of the kickers we're in trouble, Tucker is one of the best. 

• Like (+1) 1