Some Panthers fans' views on McDermott/Beane

technobot

6 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Interesting 
‘let’s not forget Beane gave us a third rounder for fat ass Benjamin’.

they also don’t seem to have a ton of respect for Allen. Saying Cam had a ton more talent in his second season than Allen does. 

Well, in all fairness Cam was throwing 400 yard games his rookie season...so he definitely was a lot better coming into the league...not a knock on Josh- just the way it is...guys progress differently 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It’s amazing to me the level of ignorance regarding Allen’s talent. Now of course he hasn’t produced consistently at a high level yet, but he literally has the strongest arm in nfl history (not an exaggeration), Has prototypical size, and can fly (for a big QB).

And he has is a much better dresser than Cam.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

This is an interesting two posts.  They've noticed that McDermott is loyal to a fault regarding players he likes.

Posted Monday at 02:55 PM

On 12/2/2019 at 10:35 AM,  Kinographer said: 

At one point, people on here were frothing at the mouth over the idea of Beane being our GM. Now people are blaming JR because he got poached.

X-Clown posted in reply:

This was my first thought....along with the fact that McDermott repeatedly turned to Nathan Peterman who makes Jimmy Clausen look like Tom Brady.

They're delusional if they think Allen has half the talent of Cam Newton. 

Even from a mobility standpoint, Allen might have more talent than Newton. Allen continues to be underrated around the league in that regard. The numbers he put up last season on the ground in his final six games dwarfed any six game stretch Newton has ever had.  Newton is a bit bigger but which one plays with more fire and more fight? 

2 hours ago, Putin said:

Yes it sucks we gave up a 3rd for that fat ass 

BUT to use a 1st in the first place to get him probably sucks a little more!!! 

Almost as bad as using two firsts for Sammy.

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

They're delusional if they think Allen has half the talent of Cam Newton. 

Even from a mobility standpoint, Allen might have more talent than Newton. Allen continues to be underrated around the league in that regard. The numbers he put up last season on the ground in his final six games dwarfed any six game stretch Newton has ever had.  Newton is a bit bigger but which one plays with more fire and more fight? 

Allen is just as talented. I hope he has a better career because Newton’s career was largely unimpressive 

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Almost as bad as using two firsts for Sammy.

Not even close. Kelvin was a late 1st round pick and there were even Bills fans who were talking about is taking him at 9.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Allen is just as talented. I hope he has a better career because Newton’s career was largely unimpressive 

Not even close. Kelvin was a late 1st round pick and there were even Bills fans who were talking about is taking him at 9.

Not close in what way? Either would have been a bust. Which is worst? Two firsts for Sammy at #4? Or one first for Benjamin, even if it were at 9? Both are terrible moves. I don't have the stats in front of me but I am guessing they put up about about the same numbers each for their original teams. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Panthers D wasn't as good WITH McDermott the year after the Superbowl loss.  Went from #6 to #26. 

Not sure why.  Newton/Offense might be a big part actually.  Went from #7 in the league with 19 TO to #27 in the league with 29.

If the other team got TD off 1/2 of those 10 turnovers, that's enough to move a team from #27 to #15 right there.

That was the year Gettlemen had let Josh Norman go( They had a contract Norman was ready to sign and Gettlemen yanked it?!?

They started Rookies Worley and Bradberry at CB and I think Coleman and Boston at Safeties.  The D line was old and it was a disaster. That was the end for Gettlemen.

19 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Not close in what way? Either would have been a bust. Which is worst? Two firsts for Sammy at #4? Or one first for Benjamin, even if it were at 9? Both are terrible moves. I don't have the stats in front of me but I am guessing they put up about about the same numbers each for their original teams. 

Using a late 1st isn’t close to being as bad as using multiple 1sts and trading up in a deep WR class. 

9 hours ago, technobot said:

It's interesting to see what other fans, specifically Carolina fans, might think about our head coach/GM combo:

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/160812-sean-mcdermott-brandon-beane/

Lol, same blend of optimism and pessimism as here.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....Brandon & Whaley are lookin' for work.............

image.png.1cf0a3de5b2be84af1105cc3acce47cc.png

I don't know about Russ Brandon, but Doug Whaley is gainfully employed by the XFL league office.