Crazy picks out there -- Lots of people on the Bills

dayman

Vegas? Not so much. 

Talking heads? Surprisingly...picking us a lot! This is hilarious. 

I just ran through about 10 different youtube clips from different shows on espn/nfln/etc. that preview our upcoming game. I kid you not, almost half of those guys are trying to call an upset and taking the Bills! Nobody picks us to beat the Cowboys (who are average at best) and now we are getting legit respect ahead of the Ravens! A Ravens team that is as hot on this 6 game win streak as any team has ever been in the history of the NFL (averaging blowout scores against really good teams for 6 weeks in a row). 

Now, don't get me wrong, I think if things go well we can play with them. And sure, I agree there is credible narrative that can be used to support these "upset alert" calls: (1) Ravens too hot due for a let down and just played a tough game; (2) Bills healthy and on extra rest at home; (3) potential weather; (4) athletic D ideal for stopping Lamar. But still, it is ridiculous that we are getting this level of traction. 

Anyway, I hope we win and think we can I just wanted to point out this interesting tid bit. Go from literally no respect (everyone picking Cowboys) to (probably) too much respect by winning ONE GAME against an average team on national TV. 

Bottom line: We need to get on TV more often. This is nice. 

Edited by dayman

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s not a good thing

Why so?

I don't think it matters who the Talking Heads pick.  

If they pick against us when we go play a team that has a worse record, I think that's helpful in that it provides some bulletin board fodder that we're being disrespected

But the Ravens have a better record, just beat the NFC's leading contender for "best team in the NFL". 

Two weeks ago they humiliated the AFC-south leading Texans and 2 weeks before that they curb-stomped the Patriots.

They are hot, they are hard to stop, and they play tough physical football.  We can match with them if we bring our A game, but we have to bring it.

And our players know it.  Who the talking heads pick doesn't change any of that.

So why does it matter?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why so?

If they pick against us when we go play a team that has a worse record, I think that's helpful in that it provides some bulletin board fodder that we're being disrespected

But the Ravens have a better record, just beat the NFC's leading contender for "best team in the NFL". 

Two weeks ago they humiliated the AFC-south leading Texans and 2 weeks before that they curb-stomped the Patriots.

They are hot, they are hard to stop, and they play tough physical football.  We can match with them if we bring our A game, but we have to bring it.

And our players know it.  Who the talking heads pick doesn't change any of that.

So why does it matter?

Chalk it up to BBFS.

33 minutes ago, dayman said:

Vegas? Not so much. 

Talking heads? Surprisingly...picking us a lot! This is hilarious. 

I just ran through about 10 different youtube clips from different shows on espn/nfln/etc. that preview our upcoming game. I kid you not, almost half of those guys are trying to call an upset and taking the Bills! Nobody picks us to beat the Cowboys (who are average at best) and now we are getting legit respect ahead of the Ravens! A Ravens team that is as hot on this 6 game win streak as any team has ever been in the history of the NFL (averaging blowout scores against really good teams for 6 weeks in a row). 

Now, don't get me wrong, I think if things go well we can play with them. And sure, I agree there is credible narrative that can be used to support these "upset alert" calls: (1) Ravens too hot due for a let down and just played a tough game; (2) Bills healthy and on extra rest at home; (3) potential weather; (4) athletic D ideal for stopping Lamar. But still, it is ridiculous that we are getting this level of traction. 

Anyway, I hope we win and think we can I just wanted to point out this interesting tid bit. Go from literally no respect (everyone picking Cowboys) to (probably) too much respect by winning ONE GAME against an average team on national TV. 

Bottom line: We need to get on TV more often. This is nice. 

I don’t know if I agree that the “talking heads” are picking Buffalo.  The majority of Network websites that predict games each week went with Baltimore.  I think I read overall it was something like 79% - 21%.  

So most people (and Vegas) are predicting the Ravens.

Some people will hedge their bets by saying “I think the Ravens will win.....BUT it’s going to be a close game” or “I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Bills win.”

I doubt that many players from the Bills or the Ravens are reading what the media says about the game.  Worrying about the effect of what they are saying about the game is on a par with wearing the same pair of underwear without washing it as long as your team is winning.   You can do it if you want.  Just don't sit near me.

• Haha (+1) 1

Bills are being talked about much more recently. Mostly because we’ve faced Baker and the Browns, the mess in Dallas and now the high flying Ravens. I don’t crave attention, but I can’t help but notice that most of ours is due to the opponent. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why so?

So why does it matter?

Absolutely. If the Bills are on their A game Sunday, the Ravens are going to discover just how determined and stubborn the Bills can be.It will matter very little who the Ravens defeated in weeks past. So let's get on with it!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Thank you (+1) 1