No Steve Tasker on NFL 100???

BillsFan692

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

If special teams mean nothing in a game’s overall trajectory, then your take would be correct. Otherwise, as one of the best to have played ST’s, including getting rules changed around him, his accolades are richly deserved. Side note, don’t forget how he seamlessly came on board as a WR at Jim’s behest...just an all around great footballer

Belichek would have made Tasker a 100 catch per season guy in his prime.We really didnt see tasker at WR til he was old(and with horrible QBing).

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

He’s probably the best non kicker ST player ever, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to get into the top 100 of all time.

you figure it’s the top 3ish players from each team.

I don’t think any of us do Bruce.... OJ.... and oh yea tasker!

On 12/7/2019 at 5:27 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think Brady brees and Peyton Manning are 3 of the 6 or 7 best QBs of all time as well but I don’t think they will put Brees on the list. They are really pushing these older generation players. I think they will do Brady and Manning and then a bunch of yesteryear QBs.

Part of me agrees with that. i don't think the NFL celebrates as much of it's heritage as it could. It has access to a pretty vast film archive of games and players a lot of people have very limited familiarity with or maybe never even heard of. I Mean Otto Graham took his team to the championship every year that he played and won 7 of them. Is he the best ever? Obviously with how much the game and even the world has changed, it's hard to say, but I think it's an interesting question of if his abilities would have translated to major success today if they were ramped up by modern playcalling, nutrition, workouts, etc.

It's pretty clear guys like Jim Brown would still be a beast.