No Steve Tasker on NFL 100???

BillsFan692

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

Any non-Bills fans feel upset about his absence??

Michael Irvin shouted out post game on Thursday night football, when they announced that the special teams finalists would be revealed the following day, "that better include Steve Tasker!"

Edited by Motorin'

10 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Van Der Esch?  What?  Good LB but not in the Top 100 by a long shot.  At least not yet 

I know, I was just playing ;)  What with everyone second-guessing the Edmunds pick last year when he was having significant growing pains

21 minutes ago, H2o said:

Tasker is clearly NOT one of the NFL's top 100 players of all time, despite some people's love affair with the guy. Let's be realistic here. 

No, but he deserved to be mentioned as a finalist, amougst the best special teams players of all time. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, row_33 said:

you ever agreed with much that Irvin  has said?

Actually, he makes good points sometimes like anyone else.  He didn't say Tasker should be one of the 100.  He Inferred that Tasker should be on the list of Special Teamers being considered. Seeing as Tasker is considered one of the best Special Teams players ever, and they are including Special Teams players on the 100,  sounds reasonable to me.

15 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Rodgers is the greatest statistical QB of all time. It could be argued that he's the BEST QB of all time. I wouldn't make that argument because rings matter, but this is just insane. He's EASILY in the top 100. Almost feel like you may be kidding.

F@€¥ Rodgers I’m glad he’s not on that list 

16 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Rodgers is the greatest statistical QB of all time. It could be argued that he's the BEST QB of all time. I wouldn't make that argument because rings matter, but this is just insane. He's EASILY in the top 100. Almost feel like you may be kidding.

lets hope he is kidding.Rogers is up there with Montana and Marino.

RE: Tasker---whoever said tasker wasnt that good is nuts.Tasker was the greatest ST coverage player of all time.There was none better.

that being said--he is not in the top 100 players.There isnt room for players like that.

45 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

He’s in the NFL’s top 100 color commentators because there’s only about 10 of them 

He and Fouts and Dierdorf were great players.........

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Whats that about?

We all enjoyed watching his work on ST but he wasn't the best ST player on the Bills. Tasker got the splash plays as the Gunner on kick coverage but the more valuable ST player then was Mark Like.....

17 hours ago, Gugny said:

Let them make a list of Top 100 Special Team Players and he can be on that.  There's probably 1000 players better than Tasker in the history of the NFL.  He was great at what he did, but let's not pretend he was a game changer.  Come on.

If special teams mean nothing in a game’s overall trajectory, then your take would be correct. Otherwise, as one of the best to have played ST’s, including getting rules changed around him, his accolades are richly deserved. Side note, don’t forget how he seamlessly came on board as a WR at Jim’s behest...just an all around great footballer