No Steve Tasker on NFL 100???

BillsFan692

19 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wonder how many current players are going to make this list. At first thought, I figured a few and now that I’m really thinking about it, you are really probably only looking at Brady and Viniteri. There almost definitely won’t be anyone else unless you count coaches. 

Rodgers?

Brees?

Van Der Esch?

41 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wonder how many current players are going to make this list. At first thought, I figured a few and now that I’m really thinking about it, you are really probably only looking at Brady and Viniteri. There almost definitely won’t be anyone else unless you count coaches. 

I'd add Brees. I think he's top 5 all time and that should get it done as a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Jesus.  He really wasn't that great.  My God.

It’s silly to even include special teams players in the top 100 players of all time, but if you’re going to include them, Tasker is pretty widely thought of as the greatest special teams player of all time. As such, he should be on the list. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

It’s silly to even include special teams players in the top 100 players of all time, but if you’re going to include them, Tasker is pretty widely thought of as the greatest special teams player of all time. As such, he should be on the list. 

Let them make a list of Top 100 Special Team Players and he can be on that.  There's probably 1000 players better than Tasker in the history of the NFL.  He was great at what he did, but let's not pretend he was a game changer.  Come on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Brees should be but my guess is he won’t be. Rogers certainly won’t be and shouldn’t be even close IMO

Rodgers is the greatest statistical QB of all time. It could be argued that he's the BEST QB of all time. I wouldn't make that argument because rings matter, but this is just insane. He's EASILY in the top 100. Almost feel like you may be kidding.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

Let them make a list of Top 100 Special Team Players and he can be on that.  There's probably 1000 players better than Tasker in the history of the NFL.  He was great at what he did, but let's not pretend he was a game changer.  Come on.

Oh I’m with you. It’s silly to include ST players on this list. Especially, when thinking of all the great players you have to cut from the top 100 of all time to include them. It’s a disservice to all the great players from other position groups who were left off the list that contributed more to the game (e.g., Warren Sapp, JJ Watt, some of the great QBs and receivers that will inevitably be left off). But, if they are feeling the need to squeeze in ST players, Tasker should be near the top of the list. Just my opinion though. 

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Rodgers is the greatest statistical QB of all time. It could be argued that he's the BEST QB of all time. I wouldn't make that argument because rings matter, but this is just insane. He's EASILY in the top 100. Almost feel like you may be kidding.

still take Favre over Rodgers

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Jesus.  He really wasn't that great.  My God.

To me, it depends on what the list is meant for.  If it’s meant to be the top 100 players, regardless of position or fielding a team, then no he doesn’t. 

If you are fielding a team, then he deserves to be there for Special Teams.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Oh I’m with you. It’s silly to include ST players on this list. Especially, when thinking of all the great players you have to cut from the top 100 of all time to include them. It’s a disservice to all the great players from other position groups who were left off the list that contributed more to the game (e.g., Warren Sapp, JJ Watt, some of the great QBs and receivers that will inevitably be left off). But, if they are feeling the need to squeeze in ST players, Tasker should be near the top of the list. Just my opinion though. 

Side note, has an active player even been named yet? Just curious. Outside of Watt or Fitzgerald,  I’m not sure how many come close. 

Update: Realized I’m completely bypassing the QBs when talking about current players. Obviously Brady is in. 

Edited by TheProcess