Just how bad is the NFC East? THIS BAD!

StHustle

I think Dallas or Philly will win the division at 8-8. It will be whichever team wins their head to head matchup in a couple of weeks. Either team will almost certainly be one and done in the playoffs though having to face one of SF/Seattle/Minnesota at this point. 

13 hours ago, MJS said:

Possible, sure, but that's not going to happen. One of them will get to 9-7.

If you don't like it, go win your division. You get in on a wild card, you don't get to have nice things.

The struggle of the NFL is something I like. I don't want it easier for teams. If you are going to use a divisional structure it should mean something. Your entire focus should be on winning the division, and if you don't, you have an uphill battle to fight. I like that.

I agree. A big chunk of your games come from your division so winning the division should mean a lot.

13 hours ago, StHustle said:

I would hate playing the same teams every year with just "1 rotating cross conference game." Dont like the idea at all.

Agreed.  I like playing four NFC teams a year and once every four years.  Since your divisional foes face the same four teams it makes it about as fair as possible and enhances the case that the division winner should get an automatic playoff birth. 

Edited by Doc Brown

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

When you only have four teams in a division you're going to get this from time to time.  I still like the way the NFL schedule is put together minus the division winner getting an automatic home playoff game (to make the division title important it still should be an automatic playoff birth).  Just do it by record so Dallas or Philly should make it as the sixth seed where they have to travel to Seattle or San Francisco.

This makes too much sense for the nfl to do.  Best sport on the planet, absolute dumbest league. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This makes too much sense for the nfl to do.  Best sport on the planet, absolute dumbest league. 

I think there's still the old school of thought that puts too much emphasis on the division winner considering there used to be five team divisions.  One owner should propose it and it should be explained why they will or won't change the seeding.

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

When you only have four teams in a division you're going to get this from time to time.  I still like the way the NFL schedule is put together minus the division winner getting an automatic home playoff game (to make the division title important it still should be an automatic playoff birth).  Just do it by record so Dallas or Philly should make it as the sixth seed where they have to travel to Seattle or San Francisco.

I too think all division winners should make the playoffs and truly like your idea about the seeding!

Personally I think getting rid of the divisions would not be good for the NFL.

A realignment of divisions would be acceptable to me and once again your seeding ideas are excellent.