Who will conquer the wind this Sunday?

Stallions

29 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I watched the Niners-Ravens last week and noticed that Lamar Jackson tends to float the ball a bit. He has a nice touch, but there is a big arc and not a lot of velocity. I’ll give be the edge here to Allen. 

I’ve been saying that.  
But people don’t want to agree with my assessment of what I see on replays. 

I used the word lobs which is to me a floater. 

• Like (+1) 1

Probably Justin Tucker, unfortunately. He just drilled a game winner in the rain. Gonna need some touchdowns. I keep worrying that we're coming into this game with a serious kicker /special teams disadvantage, so offense is going to have to play their best game of the year. Unless Lamar has a total meltdown against a serious D at home which would be amazing to see, but doubtful.

15 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Last time we had these conditions the Eagles pounded us

It was dam windy for that Broncos game if I recall.

My app says 18 mile an hour winds, gusts up to 28. Is it me, or does that not sound that bad? It's almost always windy in November and December in OP since it is so flat and near the lake. I dont think it's gonna be as much of a factor as people make it out. Just my two cents.

Edited by Bferra13

On 12/6/2019 at 5:41 PM, Phil The Thrill said:

Baltimore’s game the past few weeks has been to pound the ball and throw shorter passes.  I don’t think that the winds will really change that, though if the Bills can somehow slow the ground game (which is way easier said than done) I think it bodes well 

Play cover 0 and flood the box. Let them try to run.

• Like (+1) 1

We need sure hand Beasley and Jon Brown to snag the bowl. Allen is going to put some mustard on the ball to get it in there. Could we see Duke active today? Need players who can catch the fastball. 

Lamar throws a lot of touch bases which are more susceptible to drifting in high winds. Lamar has a strong arm but I have seen him use is very accurately. Baltimore will probably try to pound the ball down the Bills throats 

10 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I’ve been saying that.  
But people don’t want to agree with my assessment of what I see on replays. 

I used the word lobs which is to me a floater. 

These type of passes would be problem for any QB.  The question is who relies on them more?  I hope it's the Ravens based on your observation.

The shallow cross on a rub route with lots of YAC potential should sustain drives.  QB scrambles are more important too.

I don't think northern NFL teams are any better equipped to play in cold weather anymore. Most of the guys on the field are from Florida and Texas, etc. anyway, and half the NFL played college ball in the SEC. They all have to play cold weather games in the pros, some just one or two more than the others. Besides, playing in cold weather is easier in some ways because your body doesn't overheat. You can go all out and feel fine.