Bucky Brooks :Lessons from Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson

20 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup.  I really like Bucky but this is all reactionary.  The reason I rated Allen and Jackson the same during their draft was while those both had very good upside, the overwhelming majority of similar players fail big time.  Jackson put up major production in a big time conference but there were questions about his arm and would he be able to put athletic nfl players. Allen put up non dominant numbers in a lower conference.  I would assume the same things about similar players coming out.

what buffalo (not his rookie year but this year) and Baltimore have done is put both guys in good situations instead of whatever the hell Rosen is in. Now the key will be how both guys will progress in the following years.  But right now, they are outliners just like Tom Brady in the 6th round.

A fair portion of QB failure has been not putting the player in a position to be successful, there is a lot of unbending rigidity in the coaching fraternity. Or as said, a lack of imagination on the behalf of scouts, coaches and GMs. 

Just imagine what LJ would look like being forced to be a non scrambling pocket passer.

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

I think it can certainly play in to a lack of QB development, but look at us.  JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Cardale Jones, and EJ Manuel all got chances with other teams, often more than one team.  New system and coaches didn't matter.  

I would think a poorly or mis-developed QB would then develop with new coaching/systems but don't see many examples of it.  Anyone got some?

Alex Smith on his own team. He lasted about six years as the number one overall with very limited returns with lousy development, and then when Harbaugh and Greg Roman came in he almost immediately started to excel. 

• Like (+1) 2