Ed Oliver versus Lamar in 2017 . Wow..

JerseyBills

21 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

This kid can single handedly ruin that gameplan! Wow .. I understand this is the NFL but Rare to see a rookie DT be playing at the level Oliver has been playing and starting to think he can consistently dominate  , and that'd be a nightmare for Offenses and add another dimension to an already Elite defense. 

Thinking his rare speed an athleticism is something Lamar wasn't used to in college,  if he can have a repeat performance,  things can get ugly in Buffalo!!!

Edit - if you can't see full tweet,  Oliver had 6 tackles,  3 tfl , 2 sacks and 1 FF. Not to far off from last week at Dallas. Kid can be special and a game changer 

Key point: UH against Louisville, and Lamar Jackson had 25 rushes for 33 yds.

21 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Jesus...Jackson had 43 pass attempts and 25 rushes that day?  How many plays total did they run?  Did anyone else touch the ball?  

The Houston QB, apparently, since he had 44 pass attempts.

4 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Just because he coached in Buffalo under Rex with different players does not mean he knows the D. Different players. Different system. Different team. Better record. Nope. No advantage for Roman.

Tying threads together, one of the things I did not know (but makes sense) and learned from the Hyde interview, is because coordinators may run the same plays or variants for years in the league, film watching includes going back to previous matchups where the current OC was OC/offensive assistant crafting plays on a team that played the DC/HC or a defensive assistant crafting plays.

It would be more relevant for Roman to re-watch film of San Francisco games against the Panthers when McDermott was DC, and vice versa, than for Roman to watch film of the Rex Ryan defense in Buffalo.  Panthers played SF 2x in 2013.  1st time they lost 9 - 10.  Second time (playoffs) they won 23-10.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He was legitimately the most dominant freshman that I’ve ever seen (keep in mind I’m too young for Herschel Walker). Adrian Peterson was up there as well but I don’t remember anyone else that I’d have there. He was in the backfield every, single play.

We are starting to see his legendary quickness. If he continues to develop like this we may have a star on our hands.

Peterson gets my vote. He was the best RB I’d ever seen while watching him in high school.

cant argue with Oliver be the best DT at that point in his career.