Ed Oliver versus Lamar in 2017 . Wow..

JerseyBills

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Said it in another thread, but EO could very well play a major role defensively in containing a guy like Jackson. EO is EXCEPTIONAL at tracking ball carriers from behind and LJ likes to dance. That gives EO an opportunity to diagnose and aid the LB's in blowing up or containing big runs.

I agree. Feel he's the most important DL and his quickness up the middle is rare! If he can get consistent pressure,  he can ruin that gameplan.  I feel Shaq is the next important DL. He's excellent versus the run. Can also play DT and when these guys get pressure,  they free up two studs in Edmunds and Milano and our amazing S duo

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

How does Roman know the Bills defense and most the players?

I believe Lawson, Hughes and Lorax were only defenders on roster when Roman was here..Crazy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

This kid can single handedly ruin that gameplan! Wow .. I understand this is the NFL but Rare to see a rookie DT be playing at the level Oliver has been playing and starting to think he can consistently dominate  , and that'd be a nightmare for Offenses and add another dimension to an already Elite defense. 

Thinking his rare speed an athleticism is something Lamar wasn't used to in college,  if he can have a repeat performance,  things can get ugly in Buffalo!!!

Edit - if you can't see full tweet,  Oliver had 6 tackles,  3 tfl , 2 sacks and 1 FF. Not to far off from last week at Dallas. Kid can be special and a game changer 

Interesting - someone on the Baltimore fab page was saying how they were concerned about the Bills and that Eddie was a key reason why Houston beat Louisville in college.  Let’s hope history repeats itself

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This was the game that I was positive I wanted Ed Oliver on my team. As a freshman I thought that he was the best that I’d ever seen (still think that). This game though was a special kind of dominant.

Best you ever seen huh? That makes me excited, I respect your opinion.  I think he can  be a generational talent and so unique in size , speed and athleticism.  He's a bad dude. To have a DT , coming right up the middle dominate consistently makes our defense special.  This kid is a phenomenal talent.  He changed the whole game last week  , 12th game ever , prime time on Thanksgiving,  in his state , he dominated and caused Dallas fits

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Best you ever seen huh? That makes me excited, I respect your opinion.  I think he can  be a generational talent and so unique in size , speed and athleticism.  He's a bad dude. To have a DT , coming right up the middle dominate consistently makes our defense special.  This kid is a phenomenal talent.  He changed the whole game last week  , 12th game ever , prime time on Thanksgiving,  in his state , he dominated and caused Dallas fits

He was legitimately the most dominant freshman that I’ve ever seen (keep in mind I’m too young for Herschel Walker). Adrian Peterson was up there as well but I don’t remember anyone else that I’d have there. He was in the backfield every, single play.

We are starting to see his legendary quickness. If he continues to develop like this we may have a star on our hands.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He was legitimately the most dominant freshman that I’ve ever seen (keep in mind I’m too young for Herschel Walker). Adrian Peterson was up there as well but I don’t remember anyone else that I’d have there. He was in the backfield every, single play.

We are starting to see his legendary quickness. If he continues to develop like this we may have a star on our hands.

We can use his legendary quickness this weekend!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This was the game that I was positive I wanted Ed Oliver on my team. As a freshman I thought that he was the best that I’d ever seen (still think that). This game though was a special kind of dominant.

I guess the next step in this discussion is where do you line him up to blow up romans game plan.  Are they on their back up center?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/jenny-dial-creech/article/Creech-Ravens-Lamar-Jackson-has-history-in-14829735.php

In 2016 — the year he won the Heisman Trophy — Jackson and the No. 5 Louisville Cardinals headed to town for a nationally televised Thursday night game against the University of Houston.

And they were shocked by the Cougars, who beat Louisville 36-10 and knocked the Cardinals out of College Football Playoff contention.

UH was up 31-0 by halftime and cruised to the victory. Jackson was sacked 11 times in the loss. He threw for 211 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 33 yards.

Ed Oliver — now of the Buffalo Bills — sacked Jackson twice and recorded three tackles for loss. UH quarterback Greg Ward Jr. — who went undrafted, but landed as a receiver in Philadelphia — threw for 233 yards and two scores in the win.

More importantly

https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/Heisman-winner-Lamar-Jackson-praises-Ed-Oliver-11219865.php

The University of Houston defense and All-American tackle Ed Oliver left an impression on Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson.

In a question-and-answer with Athlon Sports, the Louisville quarterback said the Cougars were the top defense he faced last season.

Excerpt from the Q&A with Athlon Sports:

Athlon Sports: What was the best defense you faced last year?

Jackson: "Houston. No. 10 [Ed Oliver] was nice. I give all credit to him. He's a nice guy. I give credit to their entire defense. They played the whole four quarters. Every game can't go your way. We're going to build from that."

UH sacked Jackson 11 times and held him to 33 rushing yards on 25 carries in a 36-10 win over the third-ranked Cardinals.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, ColeB said:

Roman VS Bills defense.  I think that slightly works to his advantage, knowing the defense and most of its players.

Just because he coached in Buffalo under Rex with different players does not mean he knows the D. Different players. Different system. Different team. Better record. Nope. No advantage for Roman.

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sammy Watkins freshman year at Clemson was the best I've seen a true freshman non-RB perform.

Definitely the best freshman WR season in NCAA history to that date.

17 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Jesus...Jackson had 43 pass attempts and 25 rushes that day?  How many plays total did they run?  Did anyone else touch the ball?  

...something is drastically wrong...gotta be mistaken identity........some TBD pundits told me "Too Short" is a bust.....now who the hell do I believe??....sleepless conundrum.....

16 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

I’ve been trying to mention this a lot this week. Shaq, milano, and Edmunds (maybe) have experience against him from his ACC days. His year after the heisman wasn’t too great so maybe they remember how to play him (I think that team didn’t have much talent though). 

His post-Heisman year was actually still pretty impressive. More importantly, he improved his passing skills markedly during that year which has clearly translated to his performance in the NFL.