Hauschka responds to Bills waiver claim on kicker

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

what have you done for me lately league.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

most kickers do.

That's why the coach and GM bring House in and explain what I think they were doing...…..putting the Kock Block on the Patsies

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

That's why the coach and GM bring House in and explain what I think they were doing...…..putting the Kock Block on the Patsies

anything against the pats is good to me.

What's wrong with getting rid of the kicking game?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

On 12/6/2019 at 5:25 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...don't we call this a business, and a very high paying, privileged one at that?....sorry Steve, but OBD can't be "Happy Valley" if they put in a waiver claim.....wake up time I guess....

You are thinking of Carpenter.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

anything against the pats is good to me.

What's wrong with getting rid of the kicking game?

Place kicking yes....punting no.

Most kickoffs are touchbacks now unless its windy in one direction.

Just place it at the 25.

FG's kind of make the game interesting though....think back to the Titans game or the Cleveland game where it went the other way.

Or the Cowgirls game where they dissed our D and went for it 4th and 4 and Dak threw it behind Z instead of taking the 3.

The week before they went for the 3 instead of trying for the 7 and it cost them the game

Sometimes strategy comes in 

Edited by JMF2006

14 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Place kicking yes....punting no.

Most kickoffs are touchbacks now unless its windy in one direction.

Just place it at the 25.

FG's kind of make the game interesting though....think back to the Titans game or the Cleveland game where it went the other way.

Or the Cowgirls game where they dissed our D and went for it 4th and 4 and Dak threw it behind Z instead of taking the 3.

The week before they went for the 3 instead of trying for the 7 and it cost them the game

i hate the whole kicking game. Football should be decided by running and throwing.

in my version the 20 Yd line would be the 3 point line. If you cross that you continue on to get the rest of your points in the endzone, unless you want a two point conversion then you get 3 more points instead 4.

As for punting, it would be negated by making 4th down a live ball for the Defense. So if you're deep on your side of the field you just chuck it like a hailmarry and hope your guy catches it , if not it goes to the Defense wherever the ball rolls to or wherever they return it too.

All of this would make for more exciting football and higher scores, because there is always going to be a fourth down conversion attempts , which is way more drama then depending on some kicker.

Also you save roster spots and money for more important players.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/7/2019 at 5:41 AM, LSHMEAB said:

I have zero rational basis to believe in Hauschka, but I still have a certain level of confidence that he'd make a "huge" kick if the situation presented itself.

He's on his last legs and this will likely be his last season in Buffalo, but BIGTIME kick; I think he'd get it done.

You mean...pressure and under 40 yards ?

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i hate the whole kicking game. Football should be decided by running and throwing.

in my version the 20 Yd line would be the 3 point line. If you cross that you continue on to get the rest of your points in the endzone, unless you want a two point conversion then you get 3 more points instead 4.

As for punting, it would be negated by making 4th down a live ball for the Defense. So if you're deep on your side of the field you just chuck it like a hailmarry and hope your guy catches it , if not it goes to the Defense wherever the ball rolls to or wherever they return it too.

Very interesting

• Thank you (+1) 1