Hauschka responds to Bills waiver claim on kicker

YoloinOhio

i haven't read through this entire post, but from the title of the OP, he may not be happy.  I can care less either way.  You make millions to kick a ball.  One job.  Do it or you need to be replaced.  It's the business world.  Learn it.  

3 hours ago, the skycap said:

He can't be upset about this, can he??

I guess it depends on what you mean by that.  Let's say you've had a terrible year at your job.  You might not blame your company for scheduling an interview with a replacement, but you're sure as hell not going to feel great about it.  And if they don't make the hire, is it going to help you do your job better knowing about it (motivation?) or is it going to keep you up at night and destroy whatever effectiveness you had left?

• Like (+1) 1

This is not rocket science.  Hauschka has struggled recently, as he did late in 2018.  Beane is not going to make rash decisions, but he would be negligent if he just ignored Hauschka's struggles and failed to do due diligence on legitimate alternatives.

1 hour ago, 145B4IDIE said:

I couldn't resist thinking about a duality thinking regarding putting in a claim for Mclaughlin ... A:To look at a kicking option, B:To prevent the Cheaters from getting him.

Does B make any sense in that regard? If awarded you get dropped to bottom of list right? And then may not even keep him?

I think B was the reason for the claim.  Vincent Taylor is lucky it failed. 

• Like (+1) 1

If haushka is surprised the bills would look at other kickers I’m guessing it’s because he signed a multi year deal this offseason which he thinks makes his position safe. This is a wake up call and I hope it works and doesn’t backfire man would it ever suck if he regresses while on a ( I hope) future playoff run

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

Yes Mr. Hauschka, the Bills intentions are pretty clear...................

Make your kicks or you will be unemployed. That's how it works with kickers. Not very complicated.

Exactly,  we never should have cut McLaughlin....Haus just hasn't been the same since the hit.... I think it's safe to say we will have a new punter and kicker next season.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

Call me weird, but I hate all kickers.  Punters, whatever I can tolerate their stupidity.  At home I get up, stop watching and do something productive when there is a FG.  It's tougher when you're at the stadium, but it definitely enhances my overall football watching experience.  I come back, and if 3 more points are up there great.  Other team, same principle.  If they deleted FGs all together I would be the happiest clam.

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

McDermott is trying to win games and if it hurts Hauschka's feelings that they put in a claim for another kicker............. too bad.

It's Hauschka's job to make his kicks when called upon. Case closed.

Maybe if they do even more things to humiliate him it will help his game?

I mean, it's kind of all or nothing, either he responds well to this kind of pressure or he doesn't, so they may as well pull all the stops, huh?

Maybe send him to the end of the bench, and tell all the other players not to talk to him if he misses another kick?

Maybe give him bathroom stall for a locker?

Any other good ideas out there?

We gotta get this kicker on the right track for the playoffs!

1 hour ago, Crayola64 said:

he got his gender right at least...thats about it

He must have been thinking of Dan Carpenter who came to us from Miami.

55 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

He better respond by hitting everything instead of pouting about almost losing his job

I'm confused. Hauschka was asked questions specifically about this from the media and answered them how any other player would. Why do fans think he was pouting? He said he is focused on kicking and getting better and that he didn't know anything about the Bills putting in a claim. What's wrong with how he answered the media on these targeted questions?

I'm pretty sure we'll have a new kicker next year or even this year if a better one somehow becomes available, because Hauschka seems to have lost it, but I don't think he said or did anything wrong besides missing kicks on the field.

3 hours ago, FLFan said:

I don’t know why he is so butt hurt.  He must realize that his performance  is not good enough.  If not, that is a whole different problem. 

What about his response makes him butt hurt? He answered the questions that were repeatedly asked of him.

• Like (+1) 3