Hauschka responds to Bills waiver claim on kicker

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Yes Mr. Hauschka, the Bills intentions are pretty clear...................

Make your kicks or you will be unemployed. That's how it works with kickers. Not very complicated.

...don't we call this a business, and a very high paying, privileged one at that?....sorry Steve, but OBD can't be "Happy Valley" if they put in a waiver claim.....wake up time I guess....

Here is a more in-depth article/interview from Carucci

https://buffalonews.com/2019/12/06/buffalo-bills-stephen-hauschka-seattle-seahawks-kicker-nfl-football/

Time to step things up.

"What's interesting is he's been hitting the ball very well," said Wolf, who usually works with Hauschka every spring and summer. "It's just like a golf swing. There's times when you're hitting the ball well, there's times when you're just kind of grinding and you're just trying to find that perfect swing. But what's interesting is he's really found a swing that he's using extremely well. It just hasn't quite worked out this year like it has in the past."

According to Hauschka, who is in his third season with the Bills after six with the Seattle Seahawks – with whom he played in two Super Bowls – the work has been full bore. He is confident in his ability to rebound.

"I've set a standard earlier in my career in Seattle and here in Buffalo as well," Hauschka said before news broke that the Bills had placed a claim for McLaughlin. "And I'm going to hold myself to that standard. I'm going to get back to that level. I'm working on the details and just getting better every single week. That's what it's about, getting better at those details.

"Kicking in this league is a lot about the details, and I've just got to get back to the level of play that I've set as a standard. I know I can do it. And I know I'm going to come through for this team when it matters."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

"I know I'll be fine" to me equals, go ahead and cut me, I'll be kicking for someone else next weekend and I know it.

Pats. Belichick would trip over his moobs  running to put in the claim 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Really? That explains everything. They thought they were getting the guy from Seattle 

Not I’m sure I agree. He used to boom them through the EZ on kickoffs. Not happening lately. I think he’s lost power so he’s swinging harder and with less precision 

Pretty sure he’s putting most (if not all) kickoffs through the EZ lately, which makes me think it’s not a physical thing.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, benderbender said:

I won’t forget the Bronco game in 2017 when he nailed 2 XPs and 4 FGs. And two FGs were over 50 yards. I was surrounded by Broncos fans chanting for him to miss each time. And he nailed every one.  

Without Hauschka, no playoffs in 2017.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Yes Mr. Hauschka, the Bills intentions are pretty clear...................

Make your kicks or you will be unemployed. That's how it works with kickers. Not very complicated.

Of course that's the rational response, but messing with your kicker's head as you're approaching the playoffs is something that can backfire. Placing a claim then not landing the kicker is kind of a bad fail.

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

It was a smart move by the Bills to block out the Patriots if he fell.

Yolo I still say it started when he got cheap shotted by the Jets on the kickoff return.

Watching him, I still think he's playing hurt right now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Without Hauschka, no playoffs in 2017.

Sure but he didn't come through in the Browns game this year which was very costly, and has been shaky pretty much all year.  I like him, but like someone earlier in the thread stated - kicking in the NFL is all about making them because it means points every time you step on the field for a FG or PAT.  Missing a good deal from 50+ isn't such an issue, but missing PATs and kicks less than 40 yds away is.  And he is missing both. 

He should be the first one to recognize he needs to get better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1