Media: "Hey, is it still miserable up in B-Lo?". Us: "Not really. Hey, is your wife still a moron?"

13 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The only reason I can see feeling insulted by that is if you think it might be true and feel embarrassed.

if you like where you live than someone not liking it shouldn’t matter to you.

in fact in the case of buffalo the fact not everyone want to live there results in fantastic housing costs 

I didn't say whether you would be insulted. How you feel is on you (our ultra-PC required living be damned.)

But I don't think you can debate that one is complimentary, even if self-complimentary, while the other is derogatory.

Let me try it this way:

"I have enough world travel experience to understand when someone is trying to get under my skin with snide comments."

vs.

"@Over 29 years of fanhood you're too ignorant to see it."

Which of those compares more to people asking if Buffalo's crappy weather/lack of social life/etc. bothers you  - the first statement or the second?

13 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The only reason I can see feeling insulted by that is if you think it might be true and feel embarrassed.

if you like where you live than someone not liking it shouldn’t matter to you.

in fact in the case of buffalo the fact not everyone want to live there results in fantastic housing costs 

I didn't say whether you would be insulted. How you feel is on you (our ultra-PC required living be damned.)

But I don't think you can debate that one is complimentary, even if self-complimentary, while the other is derogatory.

Let me try it this way:

"I have enough world travel experience to understand when someone is trying to get under my skin with snide comments."

vs.

"@Over 29 years of fanhood you're too ignorant to see it."

Which of those compares more to people asking if Buffalo's crappy weather/lack of social life/etc. bothers you  - the first statement or the second?

6 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Fake boobs are a ‘concern’ how? ?

They're such a disappointment. Hey, we all have our own first-world problems.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

?

i hear ya, brother.  And please, let me stress, I don’t think we should ever talk like that.  I’m just sYing when you hear about another city...it just sounds silly even to bring up when you are talking sports.

Yeah, I think you can crap on your own city, but otherwise shut up. That's just basic social graces.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Anywhere you go is what you make of it.

I’ve had a blast in tiny towns as well as big cities.

Everywhere has its good and bad, and I’m well aware of all aspects of WNY, NYS etc., I still love it here and we choose to stay.

Every city can’t be Miami or Dallas or NYC or LA., and I don’t understand the “tribalism” of such places as in “I’m from (‘big’ city), therefore everywhere else sucks!”. Well fantastic then, when you’re done visiting and/or dumping on places like Buffalo, you can go back and feel superior again!

• Like (+1) 1

Living in New Hampshire (Patriots land) when I mention I am from Buffalo the reaction is kind of annoying.   "Oh my God you guys get all that snow UP there"....no genius we get a similar amount of snow as you do and its OVER there not up there.  The main difference is the wind though and that is a big difference, 20 degrees is not hard to deal with but 20 and windy sucks.

I think if you ask the average Fan where Buffalo is on the map they will point to the nothern most point on NY state, its like its in Siberia or something.

4 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Exactly!

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

It might be only half a joke to those who say it.

The other half might be respect of the city and the team that can tough out the weather.

Like a lonely Buffalo getting pelted by snow chunks in the open field.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.5bc8dca4de187bf923bbc4b06f4c35b3.jpg

Is that a picture of one of those Buffalo statues they have all over Baltimore because when they tried putting Ravens statues up they were either stolen or crapped upon by birds?

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Tired of it.

Tired of it.

Tired of the stupid...ridiculous...same old, same old comment by out of town media guys joking about the weather up here (and to a degree, life in general in WNY).  Happened again today on GR, but so what?  It happens all the time from almost everyone outside of this area, right?  No.  Enough.

Once...just once, I want the above comeback from one of our local commentators.  Maybe chase it with, "well, since it seems like we were doing open season on insults I figured everything was fair game, you jack@**."

Respectfully, please don't give me the "oh, you are being too sensitive", or "be bigger than them on this," or "well, let's be honest, they have a point."

They are not saying it to be jocular, although it seems like it.  For many of us, this is our home.  They are insulting our home.  In insulting our home they are insulting us...and they know they are doing it.

I'm making this up?  Really?

Then how many times does our local media say to Bears nation on their stations, "Whoa, here's hoping you guys can pump the breaks on all the murders in your Town long enough so some fans can enjoy the game this weekend."  How about Los Angeles?  "Still sucking in all that poison air over their, boys?  I'll be sure to bring my hazmat suit!"

No, we don't and of course we shouldn't, but I just wish the brain dead national media could drop this tired, and yes, offensive stereo type once and for all.  If they say anything about Denver or Green Bay weather (which surprisingly is a rarity) it's done in an almost throwing of laurels fashion...not Buffalo...no people, Buffalo is the exception and it is perfectly fine...by them.

For the love of all get out can you at least be original with your insults?  "The Ravens are going to send the Bills over the Falls, and not even give them a barrel."  Maybe, "You like your wings hot up there, but you're probably going to be bringing weak sauce against Baltimore."

Something...anything different.  

*sigh*  Glad I got that one out of my system.

GO BILLS.

People in LA and the entire southwest should be kissing our butts for supplying them with water from the Great Lakes. That they pay less for than we do. SMFH. They should be subsidizing our water bills and helping pay for upgrading our infrastructure but instead we somehow subsidize them for stealing. WTF is with these asinine regulations.

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Why does it bother some people that some other poeple would much rather live somewhere other than than where they live. 

I grew up in the Buff, couldn’t wait to move elsewhere and in fact love living where I do now.

I’m sure there are plenty of those who wouldn’t want to live where I do. 

Why its its such a raw nerve is curious to me. 

I love Buffalo and the people there,I grew up there and visit often.But Buffalo has that small town sensitivity(well--many of the people who live there) where they take deep offense at jokes about the city. Baltimore is a rat infested hellhole. --I dont think people in baltimore get personally offended by that statement of fact.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I’ve had a blast in tiny towns as well as big cities.

Everywhere has its good and bad, and I’m well aware of all aspects of WNY, NYS etc., I still love it here and we choose to stay.

Every city can’t be Miami or Dallas or NYC or LA., and I don’t understand the “tribalism” of such places as in “I’m from (‘big’ city), therefore everywhere else sucks!”. Well fantastic then, when you’re done visiting and/or dumping on places like Buffalo, you can go back and feel superior again!

I have lived in both Buffalo and the SF Bay area,I will take Buffalo overall because the bay Area is a traffic nightmare and the cost of housing is crazy.i would recommend the bay area only if your net worth is above 5 million.

23 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Why do they have to be insulting?

Who said they have to love Buffalo?  Like I stated, how many times does it even come up for us to comment about someplace else?  It just never comes up because there is no reason for it.

this is the point.  why the insults. they son’t have to love it, but the insults are bizarre (and it happens to other so-called rust belt cities also). 

8 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Agree with most if this as I live in Pitt now.  But I don't agree that there's more sunny days here.

I think we have more sunny days here in Pitt but not many more.   Hopefully you will be at the game next week!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Tcali said:

I love Buffalo and the people there,I grew up there and visit often.But Buffalo has that small town sensitivity(well--many of the people who live there) where they take deep offense at jokes about the city. Baltimore is a rat infested hellhole. --I dont think people in baltimore get personally offended by that statement of fact.

No because they know it to be true but the ones about Buffalo are often exaggerated when true.

One season I went up to Buffalo in winter for roads were clear and I saw a lot of snow plows on back of flatbed trucks - they were being shipped downstate to clear snow while Buffalo had barely a dusting. 

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

People in LA and the entire southwest should be kissing our butts for supplying them with water from the Great Lakes. That they pay less for than we do. SMFH. They should be subsidizing our water bills and helping pay for upgrading our infrastructure but instead we somehow subsidize them for stealing. WTF is with these asinine regulations.

I don't know where you're getting your information, but Southern California does not get any water from the Great Lakes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/6/2019 at 4:12 PM, That's No Moon said:

If it makes you feel better, Baltimore is a complete dump of a place.

Which is crazy cuz Maryland is beautiful.

Some sketchy places. Don’t go for crab cakes after 9pm on the wrong side of tracks.

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

This guy should run for office. ? ? 

Edited by Kiva

On 12/6/2019 at 4:55 PM, Seasons1992 said:

I'm as proud of a Buffalonian as anyone. I take it very seriously. 

Don't let it get you down, Dollars......just morons making fun of what they don't know.

Don’t tell him you moved away, that might strike a nerve! 

8 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I am a puss who cannot deal with the cold. Sunny and 42 currently, but windy and still damp. I am gonna clean the kitchen today instead of the yard (and I am a yard guy)

You’re not a puss, you are smart. My kitchen is already clean, so I will watch college football and enjoyed my college hoops team winning a rivalry game. Cheers!