Media: "Hey, is it still miserable up in B-Lo?". Us: "Not really. Hey, is your wife still a moron?"

Tired of it.

Tired of it.

Tired of the stupid...ridiculous...same old, same old comment by out of town media guys joking about the weather up here (and to a degree, life in general in WNY).  Happened again today on GR, but so what?  It happens all the time from almost everyone outside of this area, right?  No.  Enough.

Once...just once, I want the above comeback from one of our local commentators.  Maybe chase it with, "well, since it seems like we were doing open season on insults I figured everything was fair game, you jack@**."

Respectfully, please don't give me the "oh, you are being too sensitive", or "be bigger than them on this," or "well, let's be honest, they have a point."

They are not saying it to be jocular, although it seems like it.  For many of us, this is our home.  They are insulting our home.  In insulting our home they are insulting us...and they know they are doing it.

I'm making this up?  Really?

Then how many times does our local media say to Bears nation on their stations, "Whoa, here's hoping you guys can pump the breaks on all the murders in your Town long enough so some fans can enjoy the game this weekend."  How about Los Angeles?  "Still sucking in all that poison air over their, boys?  I'll be sure to bring my hazmat suit!"

No, we don't and of course we shouldn't, but I just wish the brain dead national media could drop this tired, and yes, offensive stereo type once and for all.  If they say anything about Denver or Green Bay weather (which surprisingly is a rarity) it's done in an almost throwing of laurels fashion...not Buffalo...no people, Buffalo is the exception and it is perfectly fine...by them.

For the love of all get out can you at least be original with your insults?  "The Ravens are going to send the Bills over the Falls, and not even give them a barrel."  Maybe, "You like your wings hot up there, but you're probably going to be bringing weak sauce against Baltimore."

Something...anything different.  

*sigh*  Glad I got that one out of my system.

GO BILLS.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

If it makes you feel better, Baltimore is a complete dump of a place.

...it...it does a little, TNM...thank you.

Seriously, though, I have friends who could say a few things about Baltimore in agreement with you, but that's not the point.  Baltimore doesn't get thrown under the bus...but again...truly...it is perfectly OK to do it to the Buff.

17 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Tired of it.

Tired of it.

Tired of the stupid...ridiculous...same old, same old comment by out of town media guys joking about the weather up here (and to a degree, life in general in WNY).  Happened again today on GR, but so what?  It happens all the time from almost every one outside of this area, right?  No.  Enough.

Once...just once, I want the above comeback from one of our local commentators.  Maybe chase it with, "well, since it seems like we were doing open season on insults I figured everything was fair game, you jack@**."

Respectfully, please don't give me the "oh, you are being too sensitive", or "be bigger than them on this," or "well, let's be honest, they have a point."

They are not saying it to be jocular, although it seems like it.  For many of us, this is our home.  They are insulting our home.  In insulting our home they are insulting us...and they know they are doing it.

I'm making this up?  Really?

Then how many times does our local media say to Bears nation on their stations, "Whoa, here's hoping you guys can pump the breaks on all the murders in your Town long enough so some fans can enjoy the game this weekend."  How about Los Angeles?  "Still sucking in all that poison air over their, boys?  I'll be sure to bring my hazmat suit!"

No, we don't and of course we shouldn't, but I just wish the brain dead national media could drop this tired, and yes, offensive stereo type once and for all.  If they say anything about Denver or Green Bay weather (which surprisingly is rarity) it's done in an almost throwing of laurels fashion...not Buffalo...no people, Buffalo is the exception and it is perfectly fine...by them.

For the love of all get out can you at least be original with your insults?  "The Ravens are going to send the Bills over the Falls, and not even give them a barrel."  Maybe, "You like your wings hot up there, but you're probably going to be bringing weak sauce against Baltimore."

Something...anything different.  

*sigh*  Glad I got that one out there.  

GO BILLS.

Why does it bother some people that some other poeple would much rather live somewhere other than than where they live. 

I grew up in the Buff, couldn’t wait to move elsewhere and in fact love living where I do now.

I’m sure there are plenty of those who wouldn’t want to live where I do. 

Why its its such a raw nerve is curious to me. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...it...it does a little, TNM...thank you.

Seriously, though, I have friends who could say a few things about Baltimore in agreement with you, but that's not the point.  Baltimore doesn't get thrown under the bus...but again...truly...it is perfectly OK to do it to the Buff.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure Baltimore got chucked under the bus by the President.

My other thought about this is that while it's old for us to hear, the morons who are doing the writing have never covered Buffalo before for anything so it's the first time THEY got to say it so it felt new and novel to them.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Why does it bother people that other poeple would much rather live somewhere other than where they live. 

I grew up in the Buff, couldn’t wait to move elsewhere and in fact love living where I do now.

I’m sure there are plenty of those who wouldn’t want to live where I do. 

Why its its such a raw nerve is curious to me. 

Why do they have to be insulting?

Who said they have to love Buffalo?  Like I stated, how many times does it even come up for us to comment about someplace else?  It just never comes up because there is no reason for it.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

well you can remind them that Buffalo is considered a Climate Change Haven City (https://stepoutbuffalo.com/buffalo-best-city-escape-climate-change/) as the huge weather swings will be minimal in Buffalo compared to everywhere else over the next several decades.

One reason I love living in Maine is the weather is great (ok it does get cold and snow but only wimpy people can't handle a little precip and temp drop) and we have tons of fresh water. Unfortunately the warmer ocean temp is wiping out the lobster population and breeding areas are now moving further north. Good thing I don't like lobster.

In summary - screw them! I loved growing up in WNY, especially the late summer and fall.

• Like (+1) 1

There are 13-16 NFL teams that have to deal with elements in November, December and January just like the Bills do.

So, who really cares what anyone thinks of WYN.

I live on Long Island and the weather isn't exactly nice in the winter here too. Even though last year was pretty damn mild compared to the rest of the country.

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

There are 13-16 NFL teams that have to deal with elements in November, December and January just like the Bills do.

So, who really cares what anyone thinks of WYN.

I live on Long Island and the weather isn't exactly nice in the winter here too. Even though last year was pretty damn mild compared to the rest of the country.

GB, Cleveland, Cinci, NE, Seattle, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington, NY times 2, and Chicago (all outdoor stadiums) have their fair share of garbage and gloom weather.

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

GB, Cleveland, Cinci, NE, Seattle, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington, NY times 2, and Chicago (all outdoor stadiums) have their fair share of garbage and gloom weather.

Also throw in KC and Philly.

26 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Why do they have to be insulting?

Who said they have to love Buffalo?  Like I stated, how many times does it even come up for us to comment about someplace else?  It just never comes up because there is no reason for it.

I think they just know it pushes your buttons d2d

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1