GMFB: Are the Bills the best team in NY?

Process

27 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I did not see, did Shrager finally make his pick of the Bills official?  He was very close, but nervous about pulling the trigger last I saw.

He said ... (loose recollection)  I'm thinking on taking the Bills in this one ...  

The LOVE thread has 2 or 3 others where he may have stated it . 

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

And these people actually draw a paycheck?

Image result for seinfeld alright gif

GMFB?   Those are some of THE most entertaining sports people I have seen. 

2 hours ago, Process said:

We are used to not getting love from the media..who cares. But this is the most ridiculous topic of discussion I've ever seen. Are the bills the best team in NY? The 9-3 Bills compared to the Jets and Giants? This is really a question?

I did a Google search of NFL teams after this because I thought I was going crazy and that there was another team in NY that I was missing.

Josh Allen said it: "ONE New York team....."

17 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The Bills are the ONLY team in NY.  Let's get that right.

SNAP

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Like A Mofo said:

Wait, this was even up for debate at this point?

I know, right? 

Hello! 

When one team has a record of 9-3 and the other team has a record of 4-8 or 2-10, That Is Considered a Stupid Question.

2 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

As an aside, I'm really put off by this narrative of "if the Bills beat Baltimore, they will be taken seriously/"

WTF!?!  NOONE HAS BEATEN BALTIMORE IN TWO MONTHS !!!   Why the hell is that our threshold for respectability??

I'm with you. 

If we can only be taken seriously if we beat Baltimore, does that mean the Patriots, Texans, and 49ers should not be taken seriously 'cuz they lost?

25 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I love me some Kay Adams ? 

Kay Adams ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

As an aside, I'm really put off by this narrative of "if the Bills beat Baltimore, they will be taken seriously/"

WTF!?!  NOONE HAS BEATEN BALTIMORE IN TWO MONTHS !!!   Why the hell is that our threshold for respectability??

Because that is unfortunately the threshold of the standard we will be held to because we are the Buffalo Bills. No so called "expert" will take us seriously unless we beat the best team in the league. which is ridiculous. We should have beat the Patsies before they knocked JA out the game. Had that happened it would have been called a fluke or it would have been said that the Patriots weren't as strong as everyone thought they were and that Marcia is falling off. It will be the same narrative when we beat the Ravens.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

By reviewing that link I posted people can see much more than that one segment.  

If you choose not to look then its your loss.

It sure would 

and what would be better is if Houston lost too.  

Nah, it's not a loss for anyone.It's really no big deal. If they want to look then they will look, if not then so what. It's not a "loss"by any means.

Nate Burleson comes up with some really awkward phrases at times but I liked last week when he tossed out his notes on the Cowboys because he was sick of talking about them. All of these shows always talk about big market teams because they want those fanbases to be tuning in for ratings. What's hilarious is the fact that the Bills win over the Cowboys was the highest rated Thanksgiving day game in 27 years. People in our market tend to pay attention when the Bills get some national love. After that first Dallas drive I was fully prepared for an implosion and the same old, "Yup, they get a national game and embarrass themselves." But instead, they knuckled down and spanked 'em.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

It's actually insulting that this was a topic. Even apart from the fact that they don't play in NY, the Jets and Giants suck. Why would that be a question? Plus, we beat both of them on the road. So the answer is obvious and the question should not need to be asked.

If we follow your logic, the Buffalo Bills don't play in Buffalo. It's been true ever since they moved from the Rockpile to OP.  The Giants & Jets stadium in closer to NYC than Orchard Park is to Buffalo.  

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If we follow your logic, the Buffalo Bills don't play in Buffalo. It's been true ever since they moved from the Rockpile to OP.  The Giants & Jets stadium in closer to NYC than Orchard Park is to Buffalo.  

They aren't the New York City Jets and Giants. And my logic didn't have anything to do with the fact that they don't play in the state. I specifically said that I wasn't considering that. My logic is that they suck compared to the Bills so this shouldn't be a question anyway.

Edited by MJS

23 hours ago, MJS said:

They aren't the New York City Jets and Giants. And my logic didn't have anything to do with the fact that they don't play in the state. I specifically said that I wasn't considering that. My logic is that they suck compared to the Bills so this shouldn't be a question anyway.

Do you understand I was replying to what I bolded? You should understand why I bolded it.  NY in their names means NYC, not NYS.  The rest of your statement has nothing to do with my reply, so your logic on the rest of the post is irrelevant.