Who is your favorite current Buffalo Bill and why?

Logic

Jerry. He’s been my favorite player since Fred retired and hasn’t done anything to change that.  He brings it.  JEEEEEEEEEEEERRRYY

Favorites not named Jerry:

Tre:  he’s everyone you want in a superstar.....and he seems to have the best personality on earth. 

Milano:  almost bought his jersey on several occasions.  Reason I never do:  I think he’s going to make 11-15 mill.  He’s better than Kwon Alexander.

John Brown:  love the way the dude talks.  He’s the man and our #1

Poyer & Hyde:  I keep them together because that what Beane must do.  Keep them together for at least 5 more years.  Do they ever make mistakes.  Flawless

Ed:  rhymes with Fred.

12 hours ago, zonabb said:

Don't have one, I'm over 14 years old. Just like I don't have a favorite Apple employee. This is the sports world today. Players are employees and businessmen, with no obligation to owners, cities, or fans when it comes time to go to the highest bidder. Owners treat them as replaceable parts, with no commitment to them once they hit free agency. So as a paying STH and fan, I've turned to rooting for the logo. Plus, culturally and professionally, I don't dig the selfish, look-at-me attitude of the NFL player circa 2019. I'm turned off by the OBJs and Antonio Browns, as well as the stupid handshakes, celebrations, and general childishness of the average NFL player. So it's easier to just NGAF and enjoy the sport, the strategy, and the games. 

I've also never owned a jersey and think if you're out of middle school and wearing someone's name on your back, well, just wow.

I somehow thought this might be the first thread in history devoid of negativity. 

Curmudgeons gonna Curmudgeon I suppose.

im not sure the official poll count but it looks like Josh and TreyD are fighting for the top 

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

Lots of great responses in this thread. 

A few I saw over and over were Tre White, Josh Allen, and Micah Hyde. Good choices, all.

I hope Tre White gets some national exposure in the years to come. If he played literally anywhere other than Buffalo, he'd be a national star.

We will find out soon if that is important to him. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's tough not to say Tre' just because of his attitude and all-around personality. Dude always seems to be having a good time, his "we got the ball goin' this way!" dance during the Jags game last season was hilarious. Allen is another one, I think he just has a "gamer" vibe to him, it may not always be pretty, but he really seems to find a way to make plays when it's needed most. I like Edmunds a lot, freak athlete, works hard, leading a talented defense at such a young age is pretty admirable as well. 

I dunno, overall I really like this roster. People can bash on culture in sports all they want but McBeane has done a fantastic job of building a team full of like-minded individuals who refuse to disappoint the guy next to them and just want to win. Seems like you could ask any player on that team (let's say a WR for instance) "Would you rather have 12 receptions for 206 yards and 3 touchdowns in a loss or would you rather have 2 catches for 24 yards and a first down in a victory?" and they'd all pick the latter. 

13 hours ago, zonabb said:

Don't have one, I'm over 14 years old. Just like I don't have a favorite Apple employee. This is the sports world today. Players are employees and businessmen, with no obligation to owners, cities, or fans when it comes time to go to the highest bidder. Owners treat them as replaceable parts, with no commitment to them once they hit free agency. So as a paying STH and fan, I've turned to rooting for the logo. Plus, culturally and professionally, I don't dig the selfish, look-at-me attitude of the NFL player circa 2019. I'm turned off by the OBJs and Antonio Browns, as well as the stupid handshakes, celebrations, and general childishness of the average NFL player. So it's easier to just NGAF and enjoy the sport, the strategy, and the games. 

I've also never owned a jersey and think if you're out of middle school and wearing someone's name on your back, well, just wow.

I find it interesting when some tries to to be an elitist fan, yet is posting on a forum about the team.  

Those with favorite players or wearing jerseys could just as easily find it weird that you made a username to talk to strangers about the Bills online.  

I mean, wow 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, zonabb said:

I call plagiarism!!!  I looked up “wet blanket” in the dictionary and this was the exact definition word for word.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Just Josh of course.

Actually it is Allen on offense and White on defense. 

I think this is right, though it's also somewhat of a silly exercise. One isn't really constrained to only like one Buffalo Bill, after all.

14 hours ago, Virgil said:

This is hard and I’m going to cheat 

Offensive play I get most excited to watch when he has the ball in his hands - Knox

Offensive players that make me the most excited when they show big plays - Allen and Singletary 

Favorite Defensive player to watch - Milano

Defensive player I most wanted to see breakout this season - Harrison Phillips

If I have to pick one jersey to wear to a game....Milano with Allen as a close 2nd

I loved how Harrison Phillips basically moved right in to Kyle's role ... it's taken the D half a season to recover from losing him (and Kyle before him).

On offense: John Brown. I knew he was a good smallish speedburner, but his toughness and ability to always get open underneath continues to amaze me. Fantastic addition (Beasley too; he's my #1B guy on the offense).

And Frank Gore gets a lot of crap around here. I'm as skeptical as anyone about "veteran leadership" but I have to think he's been a big factor in this team's ability to keep it's collective nose to the grindstone and keep plugging away. Who can't be inspired by a 36 year old in that kind of shape with that kind of dedication?

59 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Josh Allen

Devin Singletary 

John Brown

Cole Beasley 

Jon Feliciano

Jordan Phillips

Ed Oliver

TreDavious White

I may have overlooked it but I think you're the first one who's mentioned Devin Singletary.  I'm glad we have him.  He may not have the big flashy numbers that you see in other rookie RBs, but he'll definitely get there.  He makes the most of every opportunity and he's so exciting to watch.  Every time he's handed the ball, I'm on the edge of my seat just waiting for him to rip a long TD run, cuz he definitely has that ability.  And the added bonus that he has the best mentor in the game right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

I find it interesting when some tries to to be an elitist fan, yet is posting on a forum about the team.  

Those with favorite players or wearing jerseys could just as easily find it weird that you made a username to talk to strangers about the Bills online.  

I mean, wow 

Are you wearing your Zonabb jersey this weekend?  If you are, I'll wear something else so we don't clash.

• Haha (+1) 3