Who is your favorite current Buffalo Bill and why?

Logic

1 hour ago, zonabb said:

Don't have one, I'm over 14 years old. Just like I don't have a favorite Apple employee. This is the sports world today. Players are employees and businessmen, with no obligation to owners, cities, or fans when it comes time to go to the highest bidder. Owners treat them as replaceable parts, with no commitment to them once they hit free agency. So as a paying STH and fan, I've turned to rooting for the logo. Plus, culturally and professionally, I don't dig the selfish, look-at-me attitude of the NFL player circa 2019. I'm turned off by the OBJs and Antonio Browns, as well as the stupid handshakes, celebrations, and general childishness of the average NFL player. So it's easier to just NGAF and enjoy the sport, the strategy, and the games. 

I've also never owned a jersey and think if you're out of middle school and wearing someone's name on your back, well, just wow.

The whole point of being a fan is that  you don't have to act like an adult.  It's a release from the daily drudge of the real world.  A fan gets to dream the dream and forget about things for 3 hours on Sundays.  

Throw any kids off your lawn today?    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Josh Allen.

Poise, swagger, savvy, grit, balls, talent and class.  This is his team and he asserted himself as a leader without arrogance or pomposity.  The fire with which he plays on the field and the calm, cool demeanor with which he handles the press .... this dude is cooler than the other side of the pillow.  Oh, yeah .... he's a pretty goddamn good QB, too!!

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, zonabb said:

Don't have one, I'm over 14 years old. Just like I don't have a favorite Apple employee. This is the sports world today. Players are employees and businessmen, with no obligation to owners, cities, or fans when it comes time to go to the highest bidder. Owners treat them as replaceable parts, with no commitment to them once they hit free agency. So as a paying STH and fan, I've turned to rooting for the logo. Plus, culturally and professionally, I don't dig the selfish, look-at-me attitude of the NFL player circa 2019. I'm turned off by the OBJs and Antonio Browns, as well as the stupid handshakes, celebrations, and general childishness of the average NFL player. So it's easier to just NGAF and enjoy the sport, the strategy, and the games. 

I've also never owned a jersey and think if you're out of middle school and wearing someone's name on your back, well, just wow.

OK, I’m not a jersey guy, for many of the reasons you mention.  I’m a Bills guy! I wear Bills gear, but I like that others get into the jerseys, especially at road games. It makes us show up stronger, and I appreciate that. 

I DO have players I like. I was a Kyle Williams guy until he retired. Someone you could trust not to be a knucklehead showing up in the news tomorrow for something idiotic. You could trust him to always be solid at least, inspirational at best.

I like a lot of the current guys, with Josh and Tre high on that list. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, zonabb said:

I bet this dude wheres a fedora and has a neckbeard.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, zonabb said:

I'm 55, and I own a Kyle Williams Jersey. I wear it the couple times a year I make it down to Busby's in Santa Monica, CA to join other Western NY transplants for a great game-day experience. Most of the things you are saying are fair points, and if you are only watching the game for the strategy, and athletic spectacle only, well... that's just fine. That's obviously a huge part of most fans enjoyment of the game. There are many other fans who, along with the strategy, and game-play, also enjoy following the culture, and character of the team. For those fans (and, I am among them), this is a great year to be a Bills fan. 

But, believe it or not, if you're going to call out people like me as being childish, you're not exactly presenting yourself as a pillar of maturity. There are some truly brilliant posters on this site, and I'd be pretty surprised if the majority of them didn't own jerseys. I know Astro has jerseys-- I've seen photographs of him wearing them. Are you going tell me he has the maturity level of a 14-year-old? It's cool to be cynical. Blithely insulting is frankly immature.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 hours ago, zonabb said:

I’m sending you my massive Jeff Tuel jersey to wear along with a wet Bills logo blanket. Enjoy. ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Josh  on "O"   Gug said it all on page 2 :)

Jordan Phillips on "D" that big man plays with a lot of energy and makes things happen plus he is always trying to get the crowd revved up between plays.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, zonabb said:

I have His and Hers Trent Jerseys for you...pm me your address ;)

(what can I say I billieved legendary coach Bill Walsh ;) )