TNF: Dallas @ Chicago

RiotAct

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And almost all in the last 17 minutes.  He had well under 100 going into the last drive of the third quarter.  He threw for 262 the last 17 minutes.....

Conversely vs. the Bills they were moving the ball the whole game.

bf.jpg

8 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The way they lost, sorry does take shine off the Bills win.  

The way the Cowboys lost to the Bears takes the shine off the Bills win, but the way the Bills beat the Cowboys doesn't put the shine back on?

They didn't beat the Cowboys, on the road, in Thanksgiving Freaking Day,  on a technicality, or a bad call, or poor time management.

They beat the piss out of them in one of the best performances on offense AND defense this year. This team increasinlgy focused and disciplined. It's not perfect. It has work to do. But this team is growing successful right before our very eyes and to spend any time grading it on the curve is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

The way the Cowboys lost to the Bears takes the shine off the Bills win, but the way the Bills beat the Cowboys doesn't put the shine back on?

They didn't beat the Cowboys, on the road, in Thanksgiving Freaking Day,  on a technicality, or a bad call, or poor time management.

They beat the piss out of them in one of the best performances on offense AND defense this year. This team increasinlgy focused and disciplined. It's not perfect. It has work to do. But this team is growing successful right before our very eyes and to spend any time grading it on the curve is ridiculous.

The Cowboys also were more listless and flat against the Bears.  A Bears team that was highly motivated on a home prime time game that looked more like the 2018 Bears where Trubisky and the offense pulled their weight.  We'll get our answer about how much this team has improved over the course of the next four games, but I agree that we came into Jerryworld on the highest rated tv game of the year on short rest across country and spanked them.  This was despite the refs helping them out any way they could.  Nobody can take that away from then and hopefully we play that way the rest of the year.  

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The Cowboys also were more listless and flat against the Bears.  A Bears team that was highly motivated on a home prime time game that looked more like the 2018 Bears where Trubisky and the offense pulled their weight.  We'll get our answer about how much this team has improved over the course of the next four games, but I agree that we came into Jerryworld on the highest rated tv game of the year on short rest across country and spanked them.  This was despite the refs helping them out any way they could.  Nobody can take that away from then and hopefully we play that way the rest of the year.  

Again exactly right, but again if Dallas responded & beat Chicago and Trubisky looked bad, I'd be much more positive.

Just human nature.

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again exactly right, but again if Dallas responded & beat Chicago and Trubisky looked bad, I'd be much more positive.

Just human nature.

Your nature maybe, but human nature seems a bit of a stretch considering how many others have responded who find your premise ridiculous. Two teams can have good games against the same team without one team’s good game taking anything away from the other team’s good game.

50 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That’s your problem then.  It’s not disturbing the vast majority of folks.

Actually it probably is.  When you think you beat a good team, you feel damn good.  Now however I look at the Dallas win on par with with Miami..... 

The Bills still only have one win over the .500 team (Tennessee, which we can thank Ryan Tannehill's resurgence for that?).

On 12/6/2019 at 10:14 AM, RyanC883 said:

NFL really needs to change playoff seeding.  Perhaps this will be the year that finally forces that.   

I can't recall which team, but I do seem to remember a 7-9 team winning the division and getting in.  Nobody changed anything then.