TNF: Dallas @ Chicago

RiotAct

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...guess Jurrah meant starting NEXT week.......poor guy..............

"Jerry Jones: Nothing in my mind says we can’t take it to the house"

Posted by Josh Alper on December 3, 2019, 10:19 AM EST

Does he mean pack it up and go home?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, arcane said:

There's a 10-2 NFC team in that 5 seed that is probably going to have to face this 6-7 Cowoys team on the road

NFL really needs to change playoff seeding.  Perhaps this will be the year that finally forces that.   

..uh oh....Jurrah's meltdown.......there goes the 38 plastic surgeries too..............poor guy...........

Jerry Jones swears on the air, gets dumped from live radio interview

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 6, 2019, 11:57 AM EST

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has never been known for his filter, but he was particularly unfiltered in a radio interview this morning.

As Jones talked about all the ways he’s disappointed in his 6-7 team, he was heard muttering, “bulls–t,” before the confused hosts on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas lost contact with him.

At that point, the station’s program director got on the air to explain that the station’s system that prevents callers from using curse words live on the radio had cut Jones off. Jones apparently swore twice during the interview, and the second time they tried to bleep him, it dumped the call.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/06/jerry-jones-swears-on-the-air-gets-dumped-from-live-radio-interview/#comments

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As one of the broadcasters said: "by rule, someone from the NFC East will go to the playoffs"

Dallas has the Rams, the Iggles, and the Redskins.  They could conceivably go 7-9 or 8-8

Iggles have the Giants (x2), the Redskins, and the Cowboys.  The could conceivably go 9-7 or 8-8

The Rams could go 11-5 and or the Bears 10-6 and both miss the playoffs whereas either the Cowboys or Eagles could go 7-9 and win their division and host a playoff game. 

There is something just not right about that, something needed to change years ago when Seattle won the division at 7-9 and hosted a playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

I know anything can happen week to week, but I really had almost turned the corner on Daboll & the Offensive play calling after the Dallas game.  However then I see how easily Dallas was manhandled by Chicago's offense.

Add to that Chicago's defense laid a beatdown on Dallas' offense for 3.5 quarters.  I was was going to post that the defense vs. Dallas really was not great, and more so it was Dallas continually shooting themselves in the foot as they did move the ball up & down the field vs. Buffalo, but thought the better of it in the wake of the euphoria of the Dallas game.

I really was very excited about the Baltimore game (still am) especially with respect to the improvements on offense, but frankly seeing how bad Dallas looks, not sure that was as good a win on December 5th as it seemed on November 28th...... 

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/5/2019 at 8:35 PM, PetermansRedemption said:

Anyone catch the pregame? They did a parody of Jason Garret and said he was the best clapper in the NFL! Clearly they have never watched McDermott. McDermott is the undisputed clapping champion of the league. 

What is it about the gingers and clapping?  There has to be some correlation there.

25 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I know anything can happen week to week, but I really had almost turned the corner on Daboll & the Offensive play calling after the Dallas game.  However then I see how easily Dallas was manhandled by Chicago's offense.

Add to that Chicago's defense laid a beatdown on Dallas' offense for 3.5 quarters.  I was was going to post that the defense vs. Dallas really was not great, and more so it was Dallas continually shooting themselves in the foot as they did move the ball up & down the field vs. Buffalo, but thought the better of it in the wake of the euphoria of the Dallas game.

in

I really was very excited about the Baltimore game (still am) especially with respect to the improvements on offense, but frankly seeing how bad Dallas looks, not sure that was as good a win on December 5th as it seemed on November 28th...... 

We've seen 3 games where the good, by far, outweighed the bad.  My biggest concern (used that word just for @Joe in Winslow ) was Daboll.  Whether it was moving upstairs, or a stern talking to (with a memo in his personnel file) by McDermott we've seen 3 pretty well called offensive games in a row.  I, personally, don't care the reason and it could be that I'm full of *****. That said, offensive production has given the defense just enough time to catch its collective breath.  We've also seen Leslie McDermott leave his/their comfort zone on defense.  They aren't going crazy, but, blitzes are more common and they're coming from all angles.  Did you notice Murphy dropped into coverage recently?  They have been effective on offense and defense.  

That's a bunch of disjointed hoohaw to try to convince you that this team is pretty darn good.  Enjoy the ride man.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

We've seen 3 games where the good, by far, outweighed the bad.  My biggest concern (used that word just for @Joe in Winslow ) was Daboll.  Whether it was moving upstairs, or a stern talking to (with a memo in his personnel file) by McDermott we've seen 3 pretty well called offensive games in a row.  I, personally, don't care the reason and it could be that I'm full of *****. That said, offensive production has given the defense just enough time to catch its collective breath.  We've also seen Leslie McDermott leave his/their comfort zone on defense.  They aren't going crazy, but, blitzes are more common and they're coming from all angle

That's a bunch of disjointed hoohaw to try to convince you that this team is pretty darn good.  Enjoy the ride man.

That last sentence is gospel truth.

21 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

People here are ***** ridiculous. Bending over backwards to make excuses for winning. It's some chickenshit stuff.

It really is a joke.      Wins don’t count unless they come against the 85 bears defense. 

They are all pro franchises and every win counts.      Ignore them.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bears did just what we did to the Cowboys.  Played a solid game on both sides of the field, and the Cowboys then showed they have neither the coaching nor the intestinal fortitude to meet the challenge.

Oh, and Prescott threw for over 300 in a losing effort.

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I was only making an observation based on my perception.

The Dallas win would have looked much better (rightly or wrongly) if Dallas stomped the Bears on Thursday.  

Trubisky put up Josh Allen #'s & the Defense smothered Dallas until garbage time.

Fans need to stop thinking every week is the same. Going to Dallas on Thanksgiving is a tough place to play. It's a big stage the Bills have never won in during the 2000's.

They didn't beat the best team in football but it was a solid win. Truth is that game should be forgotten though. Now we move on. What happened last week means very little.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The Bears did just what we did to the Cowboys.  Played a solid game on both sides of the field, and the Cowboys then showed they have neither the coaching nor the intestinal fortitude to meet the challenge.

Oh, and Prescott threw for over 300 in a losing effort.

And almost all in the last 17 minutes.  He had well under 100 going into the last drive of the third quarter.  He threw for 262 the last 17 minutes.....

Conversely vs. the Bills they were moving the ball the whole game.

Edited by Billsfan1972

19 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I think it does a bit.

Looks like we beat up on a bunch of amateurs.

What’s that say about the pats who barely pulled out a win ? We beat them up, as did the Bears.

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

It really is a joke.      Wins don’t count unless they come against the 85 bears defense. 

They are all pro franchises and every win counts.      Ignore them.  

Not to mention how well the offense executed its plan against Dallas. Just because the Cowboys are starting to look like a paper tiger should not take away from the success of the well-executed game plan in a road game on freaking Thanksgiving Day.

But no. Chicago's three-game win streak is just a fluke, so beating Dallas at home really takes the shine off the Bills' three-game win streak.

If this were the Patriots*, these same BIlls fans would be talking about how the Pats* are starting to get hot at the right time.

But it's the Bills, so these fans need to be miserable.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Not to mention how well the offense executed its plan against Dallas. Just because the Cowboys are starting to look like a paper tiger should not take away from the success of the well-executed game plan in a road game on freaking Thanksgiving Day.

But no. Chicago's three-game win streak is just a fluke, so beating Dallas at home really takes the shine off the Bills' three-game win streak.

If this were the Patriots*, these same BIlls fans would be talking about how the Pats* are starting to get hot at the right time.

But it's the Bills, so these fans need to be miserable.

It is just a reaction to the Cowboys.  Cowboys beat Detroit & tough games against NE.  Sorry but both the Bills & Bears dominated them, so the immediate reaction is they really have given up (or just plain bad).   

If they had beaten the Bears convincingly,, yes would make most people feel way better.  The way they lost, sorry does take shine off the Bills win.  

7 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I was only making an observation based on my perception.

The Dallas win would have looked much better (rightly or wrongly) if Dallas stomped the Bears on Thursday.  

Trubisky put up Josh Allen #'s & the Defense smothered Dallas until garbage time.

Bears have a better record than the cowboys 

I bet the bears and made cash ??‍♂️.