TNF: Dallas @ Chicago

RiotAct

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

Either that or the least talented team to make playoffs.

As one of the broadcasters said: "by rule, someone from the NFC East will go to the playoffs"

Dallas has the Rams, the Iggles, and the Redskins.  They could conceivably go 7-9 or 8-8

Iggles have the Giants (x2), the Redskins, and the Cowboys.  The could conceivably go 9-7 or 8-8

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As one of the broadcasters said: "by rule, someone from the NFC East will go to the playoffs"

Dallas has the Rams, the Iggles, and the Redskins.  They could conceivably go 7-9 or 8-8

Iggles have the Giants (x2), the Redskins, and the Cowboys.  The could conceivably go 9-7 or 8-8

While 9-3 is settling for the 5 seed

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Process said:

People were all over me for saying it was silly to form a welcome parade at the airport after we beat a bad 6-5 cowboys team... I called it embarrassing because we really didn't accomplish anything....

Seems silly now no?

No.

A fan base showed their team some love and appreciation. Things money can’t always do. It shows players and everyone in the NFL why  Buffalo has great fans. 
A small gesture and thank you by fans can make all the difference to players. What separates our guys from theirs? Our guys know they have a city and fans all over the country who are there for them. Greatest fans anywhere.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Jerry should fire the GM who put this team together?

This just in: They're not that talented. 

They're pretty talented at every level. 

7 hours ago, Process said:

People were all over me for saying it was silly to form a welcome parade at the airport after we beat a bad 6-5 cowboys team... I called it embarrassing because we really didn't accomplish anything....

Seems silly now no?

We didn't beat them we dominated them, big difference. Also it was on the road in a national game. It was a solid win. But you don't accomplish anything in the regular season anyways. 

• Like (+1) 1

Kickoff penalty

Additionally, penalties exist for various infractions such as a player violating his position restrictions prior to the kick (5-yard penalty), or if the ball goes out of bounds before touching a player (25 yards or placed at receiving team's 40-yard line, whichever is farther).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kickoff_(gridiron_football)

I can't remember that kickoff penalty ( I have a bad memory )

4 hours ago, arcane said:

There's a 10-2 NFC team in that 5 seed that is probably going to have to face this 6-7 Cowoys team on the road

Yeah.  It happens every once in a while.  In the 2010 season the 7-9 Seahawks hosted the 11-5 Saints.  You could easily see a 8-8 Cowboys team host a 12-4 49ers or Seahawks team.  I've always thought the division winners should make the playoffs (still makes the division title important) but then just seed them by record.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Watching early morning right now and still want to be surprised so I haven’t read this thread and I don’t know the final score.

Third quarter, 24-7 Bears...oh man, did all we do was beat a just plain crappy football team on Thanksgiving Day and nothing more?

That's definitely what some will say,

7 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

This just in: They're not that talented. 

Dallas has plenty of talent.

One of the best O-Lines in football.  Possibly the best running back.  Very good at all Linebacker positions.  

Not to mention a premier pass rusher, a Pro-Bowl cornerback and a pretty good #1 receiver.

Dak has flashed as a Top 10 passer at times this season.  And even their weakest positions (DT, TE, S), they have solid players.

The Cowboys are a perfect example of the difference between team building and collecting talent.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Watching early morning right now and still want to be surprised so I haven’t read this thread and I don’t know the final score.

Third quarter, 24-7 Bears...oh man, did all we do was beat a just plain crappy football team on Thanksgiving Day and nothing more?

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

That's definitely what some will say,

Pssst, PD, please don't tell anyone I wrote that, then.  I don't want to go starting a thing.

How do we get off that subject?  Seriously, let's just go out this weekend and beat what many consider to be the best team in the NFL.

Go Bills!

It’s been a very good past week, both the cowboys and patsies lost, pretty freakin awesome imo.

Go Bills!!’