Annoying ads during prime time NFL games

YoloinOhio

The Peloton commercial was annoying before any new articles. And it’s been replayed so many times I can’t help but discover new problems with each replay. So many issues:

1) Where did the daughter go? Who is watching her while she CrossFit trains constantly? Does anyone even care? The worst part is that there’s already a kids version.

BDF431-A2-B042-41-BC-8-AD8-4-DB93-AC690-

2) How narcissistic is this character to constantly film herself? Is she supposed to be a YouTuber or a Kardashian? The kicker is that she doesn’t even thank her guy until supposedly weeks later, and she only does it by a video retrospective.

3) Peloton has no awareness when it comes to the cost of housing. Even in their other commercials, every one is apparently aimed at affluent childless females who either married architects, or are one themselves. 
4) 6 am? That’s insanely early? Her makeup is flawless anyway. Good for her. Must be nice. My hair is thinning and I’d like to not care but I still style my Homer Simpson-like 2 hairs so others think I care.

446AAD50-67A3-429A-B593-C3FE4661CD75.gif

5) I love how the some of the criticism is that she thanks the person who dropped at least 2k on a gift. That is 2019 in a gender fluid sexually non-specific nutshell. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Frankly 99.999999% of ads are so poorly conceived and produced that their creators should be beaten about the head and shoulders, every time one is played

Hmmmm......

dt-header.jpg?h=785&la=en-US&w=2514&v=1-201908131041

.....was that a subliminal use of that term. 

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

You obviously need a copy of the Politically Correct Handbook for the Recently Deceased (TM), 2019 Version.

Clearly.  Maybe I'm just wrong thinking it would be sexist to treat people differently because of what's between their legs and not treat all unprovoked attackers the same regardless of gender.

"If you're man enough to throw a punch, you should also be man enough to take one."

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If someone was spinning for a year like the ad suggests, you would have seen muscle in the legs built up.  The bike specifically targets the legs.  That’s like saying someone has been doing curls for a year but hasn’t developed any sort of bicep.  That was my point.

Only if they use enough resistance to build muscle tone. Which many women are reluctant to do out of fear of looking manly.

Edited by Herc11

5 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Only if they use enough resistance to build muscle tone. Which many women are reluctant to do out of fear of looking manly.

Even at the lowest level, the warm up level, you would see something.  They wouldn't get mass but there would be tone and see some definition even if the legs stay skinny.  Muscles are still at work and she's still sweating.  

That woman's legs look like pool noodles.  

4 minutes ago, Kiva said:

This is the USA. Let’s compare Apples to Apples here.  

i said be grateful... your ESPN is a million times better than the garbage equivalent up here

I'd gladly pay $50 a month for ESPN on my cable package

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i said be grateful... your ESPN is a million times better than the garbage equivalent up here

I'd gladly pay $50 a month for ESPN on my cable package

What is $50 worth is American money. Is it like pesos?

I really can't stand "The Champ is Here!" I mean, I'm glad they cut it down a bit as the original, full-length ad has "the champ is here!" being said about 94,000 frickin' times. On Sundays my wife and I will randomly say, "Hey babe, did you know the champ is here?" "Is he? Tell him I'm busy and that he can #*@$ off!"

Mayhem is alright. The guy who plays him is Dean Winters, a really good improv actor (he also had a role on Oz). He came up in the Second City in Chicago along with Tina Fey, who cast him in a recurring role on 30 Rock and now she's doing the Mayhem commercials with him. I don't know why I know this random sh*t.

With the amount of commercials he's already done, it's pretty clear that Mayfield really prioritizes landing sponsorship and commercial deals. I've heard rumors that the dude is more interested in the fame of being a pro athlete than actually putting in the work and that coaches have kinda had to twist his arm to get him to take on more of a leadership role. Dude thinks because he walked on that he can not put the time in and just wing it every game. 

It does seem as though they've tried to scale back on the whole commercial break after a TD, then back for the kickoff, then another break, then back to the game. They still do it at times but they tend to do a picture-in-picture and leave the game on while players just stand around. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Even at the lowest level, the warm up level, you would see something.  They wouldn't get mass but there would be tone and see some definition even if the legs stay skinny.  Muscles are still at work and she's still sweating.  

That woman's legs look like pool noodles.  

You obviously have never seen a marathon runner with that logic.

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

State Farm = crap. They signed up Aaron Rodgers, a remarkably uncharismatic QB. They wisely decided to make him the straight man in their ads because he couldn't carry the lead (he's no Peyton Manning), and they used Clay Matthews as the comic relief. Then Clay became irrelevant and (gasp!) a non-Packer. So instead of finding a better lead, they overthought things and brought in a competitor for the Aaron Rodgers lack-of-charisma-classic in Mahomes, and had to use some idiot comic actor as the lead as they get ready to phase out Rodgers in favor of Mahomes.

Just stop the idiot advertising and lower my damn premiums.

It’s funny how Clay Matthews disappeared as soon as he stopped being a Packer. Sad, actually.

That isn’t to say I don’t miss him tho! :)

5 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

You obviously have never seen a marathon runner with that logic.

LOL...my ex-wife was a marathon runner.  She had muscles in her legs.  Her calves were very defined.  She had a running group of friends who all had muscle tone in their legs. She got into spin because running started catching up with her. 

A bike works your legs out a lot more than running.  It’s a push/pull movement so you’re working your glutes to your hip flexor.

I played 3 sports in HS and played college baseball.  I now train in mixed martial arts. I’ve been working out at high levels since I was 13.  I kinda have an idea of what I’m talking about.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL...my ex-wife was a marathon runner.  She had muscles in her legs.  Her calves were very defined.  She had a running group of friends who all had muscle tone in their legs. She got into spin because running started catching up with her. 

A bike works your legs out a lot more than running.  It’s a push/pull movement so you’re working your glutes to your hip flexor.

I played 3 sports in HS and played college baseball.  I now train in mixed martial arts. I’ve been working out at high levels since I was 13.  I kinda have an idea of what I’m talking about.

So what you are saying is, you dont do traditional "workouts" like cycling, running, weightlifting? I started bodybuilding when I was in my early 20's in the Air Force. I was I also in Tae Kwon Do for about 3 years in my early 20's. I played sports throughout school as well. I converted to crossfit from normal body building back in 2012... I'm no little guy either, deadlift 505, bench 350, squat 405, strict press 245 overhead, ***** 205, and I'm a decent runner (not my strength). Point is I'm no rookie myself. I've been around the gym for a long time and have watched people that workout, especially only cardio, and they dont develop musculature in their legs for the most part. Olympic marathon runners look like frail weaklings and they arguably work their legs, so to say, more than anyone. On top of all this, not everyone's body will react to stress the same. Some people are toned without doing jack, some workout and workout and dont get it.