Annoying ads during prime time NFL games

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Peloton only come around during the holidays and from the feelers I've put out, most women aren't overjoyed about receiving exercise equipment for gifts.

Why is it special? It's an exercise bike with a built in TV? That makes it worth over $2,000?

The Bud Light King was never funny to me.  I detest the "Dilly Dilly" catchphrase and hope it has been permanently removed from the campaign. 

Bud light is not very good and gives me headaches (as does any beer brewed with rice).

The knights remind me of the football robots on Fox.

Enough already Budweiser...

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Muscularity is only one aspect of fitness. When I was in the Air Force I had a troop that was jacked and cut. Looking at him most would think he was in damn good shape. Dude couldn't even finish the mile and a half run for the PT test. He ended up getting discharged over it because he failed the PT test too many times. Which leads me back to my point, the way a person looks has no revelance to their overall fitness. Whether it be skinny, fat, muscular, whatever. You can't see the health of a person's cardiovascular system by looking at them.

If someone was spinning for a year like the ad suggests, you would have seen muscle in the legs built up.  The bike specifically targets the legs.  That’s like saying someone has been doing curls for a year but hasn’t developed any sort of bicep.  That was my point.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I gather there has been backlash because the girl who got the bike in the commercial from her husband said it changed her life over the course of the year and she looks the exact same at the end

I just read an article saying that Peloton has dropped $942 million in value over the past few days because of backlash from this commercial. It is amazing how powerful of an impact social media perception can have on a company these days.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/pelotons-stock-price-plummet-wiped-942-million-market-value-holiday-ad-2019-12

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

8 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I just read an article saying that Peloton has dropped $942 million in value over the past few days because of backlash from this commercial. It is amazing how powerful of an impact social media perception can have on a company these days.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/pelotons-stock-price-plummet-wiped-942-million-market-value-holiday-ad-2019-12

That’s craziness. I guess not all publicity is good publicity 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

I cant stand the State Farm stuff. 

I hate the Packers and cant stand the national love for them. F-em. 

State Farm = crap. They signed up Aaron Rodgers, a remarkably uncharismatic QB. They wisely decided to make him the straight man in their ads because he couldn't carry the lead (he's no Peyton Manning), and they used Clay Matthews as the comic relief. Then Clay became irrelevant and (gasp!) a non-Packer. So instead of finding a better lead, they overthought things and brought in a competitor for the Aaron Rodgers lack-of-charisma-classic in Mahomes, and had to use some idiot comic actor as the lead as they get ready to phase out Rodgers in favor of Mahomes.

Just stop the idiot advertising and lower my damn premiums.

• Haha (+1) 1

I can't stand Rodgers, but I actually enjoyed the old State Farm commercials with his dog and Clay Matthews.  This new character they have sucks and Mahomes doesn't appear to have any natural humor to him.  Those commercials are horrible.

I'm with many others re: Mayfield.  If he wasn't such a little prick, the commercials MIGHT be okay.  But he is a prick.  And the commercials don't make me laugh.  AND I still have no idea which company they're for, so they're not even effective.

The Lincoln commercials with Matthew McConaughey really get on my nerves.  I think he makes an ass out of himself in every one of them. 

Those are really they only three that grind my gears a little.

I love Mayhem.  And I love Nationwide commercials with Payton Manning and Brad Paisley.

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This is a hilariously bad take.?

You can't be that out of touch.

Unless the last winter you spent in Binghamton was like 70 million years ago.

Or you could be smart like my ex was. (Not because she became my ex, lol) She bought a very nice street bike and a top end bike trainer kit that allowed her to use it as an exercise bike indoors in bad weather. A whole lot less than a coupe grand.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I gather there has been backlash because the girl who got the bike in the commercial from her husband said it changed her life over the course of the year and she looks the exact same at the end

People don't understand there is a lot more to life than how you look.  They skip over the part about her getting up earlier in the mornings, probably has more energy and confidence, etc.  They're hating on her for being naturally thin and an advertising agency can't put in the time and resources to do a legit year long "before and after" of the product with someone showing a real body transformation.  Even someone who is naturally thin or in otherwise decent shape can benefit greatly from stepping up to a dedicated exercise regimen.

As for the women being offended by being gifted exercise equipment thing, that's being overblown as well.  What if she had expressed a wish for such equipment to her husband (from what I hear this product is generally promoted around the holidays)?  She'd be hyped to receive an expensive high end unit like that.  They are promoting it toward a niche market, and it's clearly working as their stock price has shot up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScotSHO said:

Oh yeah that NFL "The Champ is Here" has the worst song?, audio? that I have ever heard.  The strutting people are fine, just use a normal song that grabs your attention.

What about that vs the WWE ad about an office erupting into violence?  I find it funny how they are careful about never showing a finger being laid on a woman while the men are being pummeled by their female coworkers. 

There is nothing I love more than sitting down to watch a game with my 8 year old and having to watch an ad for the latest CBS crime show about rapists, murderers, and child molesters. Though that seemed to be mostly last year. This year it's been commercials for horror-ish show.

I'm not a prude. I don't care if a pretty girl sells beer or if my kids see an ignoramus use a bad word. But my 8 year old gets scared by this crime/horror *****. It''s gross.

7 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Oh yeah that NFL "The Champ is Here" has the worst song?, audio? that I have ever heard.  The strutting people are fine, just use a normal song that grabs your attention.

I hate that commercial with a burning passion.

And as someone who has dabbled in the fringe, extreme ends of certain sports - I understand what the Peloton commercial is going for.  The whole transform your mind & body angle, plus the break thru "boundaries" that you thought were impossible selling point.  But any overpriced exercise thingy is going to play very poorly in a 30 second commercial.  There is a reason why those old P90X commercials were 30 MINUTES long.

6 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

What about that vs the WWE ad about an office erupting into violence?  I find it funny how they are careful about never showing a finger being laid on a woman while the men are being pummeled by their female coworkers. 

You obviously need a copy of the Politically Correct Handbook for the Recently Deceased (TM), 2019 Version.

Edited by ScotSHO