[LAMP!] Personal perspective on the Bills

Chandler#81

Only this time the new powerhouse holds a Lombardi Trophy at the end. The albatross gets lifted and a banner gets raised. We get to open the next year against the Brady-less Pats, who now become our doormat for a decade, and raise it in front of them!! 

Edited by Locomark
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 12/5/2019 at 1:39 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Far more importantly, whether it’s this season or a near one, this HAS to be the time! Now well into my third, I don’t have another generation to wait. I’ve stood graveside by too many Bills fans who never realized our collective dream of an NFL Title. As such, I dutifully carry their hopes in the now famous phrase uttered by Tim Russert: “Please, God, before I die. Just one time!” 

Go Bills!

My Dad is older than old dirt.  My brother and I have traveled back to Buffalo for years to take him to a game each year from the time before we had kids, then we started taking our sons when they were little - they are now in their early twenties(!).  I'll never forget a couple years ago before the game we were talking about the Bills chances as we always did and my nephew said - very serious and sincerely - "I just want Grandpa to see the Bills in the Super Bowl again before he dies". 

Let's do it this year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Most know me as an older than dirt Bills fan since their inception. I’m so old -‘How Old ARE You, Chandler?’- my granddaughter just got her Learners Permit?! I can recite most players throughout the teams’ history. Ditto for the Braves & that other team. My purchased jerseys are all throwbacks; Perrault, Hasek, Kemp, OJ, Jimbo, Bruuuuce, Thurman & Chandler#81. 

(Santa knows I want a custom Clippers MacAdoo throwback) 

You're so old you are doing Johnny Carson jokes! ;)

The MacAdoo jersey would be awesome (I think I might want Earnie D though) You definitely haven't "wasted" your life by watching these teams.  My wife has implied to me in the past that I need a hobby to keep me occupied and it dawned on me that I already have one. The Bills and the NFL in general, has been my hobby (obsession?) for many years. We here all understand that obsession, but it is definitely more fun when the team is good enough that other people start to understand it too.

Enjoy the ride, GO BILLS!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

You're so old you are doing Johnny Carson jokes! ;)

The MacAdoo jersey would be awesome (I think I might want Earnie D though) You definitely haven't "wasted" your life by watching these teams.  My wife has implied to me in the past that I need a hobby to keep me occupied and it dawned on me that I already have one. The Bills and the NFL in general, has been my hobby (obsession?) for many years. We here all understand that obsession, but it is definitely more fun when the team is good enough that other people start to understand it too.

Enjoy the ride, GO BILLS!

HEY-Ooh!’

I considered Ernie ‘No D’ but I don’t think he ever wore the original uni the Clippers are celebrating. I think we were all blue when we drafted him. Then John Y made us ALL blue.. ?

• Haha (+1) 1