NFL Puts Josh on List of Most Improved

mykidsdad

39 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Allen came in pretty high on NFL.com season long qb ranking list this week! up six slots from his position last week... i'll toss this link in here because its also from NFL.com and sorta supports the whole "progression" theme. this is actually the 2nd list this week that I've seen him come up inside the top 15. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001084167/article/qb-index-week-14-lamar-jackson-still-no-1-josh-allen-surging

Josh Allen

Individual Rank: Bhanpuri: 13 | Blair: 15 | Filice: 11 | Parr: 14

2019 stats: 12 games | 61.5 pct | 2,591 pass yds | 7.1 ypa | 16 pass TD | 8 INT | 430 rush yds | 8 rush TD | 3 fumbles lost

Bhanpuri: Allen has jumped up 14 spots on this list since Week 2 thanks in part to several superb performances like the one he produced on Thanksgiving Day. We've received a lot of heat lately from Bills Mafia for our, perhaps, overly cautious wait-and-see approach to elevating the second-year pro higher in our rankings. To that, I point to the first five weeks of the season, when Allen's play morphed from one week to the next as it often did in Year 1.

Week 1 (passer rating): 71.2
Week 2: 101.1
Week 3: 81.1
Week 4: 24.0
Week 5: 98.3

So forgive us for wanting a bit more consistency from the signal-caller. Well, we asked for it and Josh Allen gave it to us. After last Thursday's signature win at Dallas, continuing a magnetic seven-week run since Buffalo's Week 6 bye, the rocket-armed passer has certainly offered up enough evidence to warrant a massive jump up the rankings. Although his accuracy still has room for improvement, his decision-making has been markedly better, as evidenced by his 16 total touchdowns (11 passing, 5 rushing) against just two giveaways in his last seven games. What better way to vault into the top 10 than to outduel the guy sitting at No. 1? Sunday should be fun

Was just going to post this.  Glad I seen yours first

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BehindTheWoodshed said:

I thought his hip died?

It was his spleen...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I said this (you can look it up) in the offseason -- last year was the first year Josh really received top quality coaching at the QB position.  He didn't grow up playing QB and wasn't "groomed" to be a QB like most 1st rounders.  He had to beg for a college scholarship.  What we are seeing is that he did and does have the tools and mental capacity to apply that coaching.  His development was simply behind others'...that's really all I believe this is.  On an almost weekly basis now we are seeing a different light click "on" for Josh.  That 3rd-and-10 throw from his own end zone against Dallas was a jaw-dropper.

Agreed and I was echoing this a lot too when we drafted him and through his rookie year.  He was a multi sport athlete in HS and never really fully committed to football which also contributed to the lack of college opportunities.  He has had lower level coaching at every stage of his football journey until he got to the NFL.  Small school stuff all along, poor talent on the roster around him, etc.  

Now we are seeing this kid just keep getting better and learn from mistakes.  2 years from now, I think he will be a consensus top 5 QB in the NFL...really think he will get there.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Allen has also improved vs. blitzes (2018: 2 TDs, 4 INTs, 58.1 passer rating; 2019: 8 TDs, 4 INTs, 83.6 passer rating) with a 7:0 TD-INT ratio and 109.0 passer rating vs. the blitz since Week 5.

!!!

Throw out weeks 1 through 4 and what are the stats?? 

44 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed and I was echoing this a lot too when we drafted him and through his rookie year.  He was a multi sport athlete in HS and never really fully committed to football which also contributed to the lack of college opportunities.  He has had lower level coaching at every stage of his football journey until he got to the NFL.  Small school stuff all along, poor talent on the roster around him, etc.  

Now we are seeing this kid just keep getting better and learn from mistakes.  2 years from now, I think he will be a consensus top 5 QB in the NFL...really think he will get there.  

Allen's improvement has been nothing short of remarkable. 

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yep there is another one.

Who can argue with a guy that completed 52.9% as a rookie in 11 games.

We know he never improved it. 

He should be forced to return his Gold jacket! And put a bag over his bust, to boot! He can’t possibly deserve it if that was his starting point! 

Man I LOVE this:

"Allen has also improved vs. blitzes (2018: 2 TDs, 4 INTs, 58.1 passer rating; 2019: 8 TDs, 4 INTs, 83.6 passer rating) with a 7:0 TD-INT ratio and 109.0 passer rating vs. the blitz since Week 5. "

Not only is he not making BAD Plays when blitzed, he's making teams PAY for blitzing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1