NFL Puts Josh on List of Most Improved

mykidsdad

5 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

Nope. Accuracy can’t be fixed and some arbitrary analytic model said so. 

Time to tank for tua. ?

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Allen's improvement has been off the charts.  Maybe one of the most improved QBs in modern history, from college to NFL.    Mainly mainly that is in just the last half of this season.  Aaron Rodgers come to mind as another massive improvement, but he also spent 4 years on the bench, so it's not really the same.

I'm praying it's not some fluke hot streak.  I really don't believe it is.  I think he continues to improve and hopefully just gets better and better. 

40 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nope. Accuracy can’t be fixed and some arbitrary analytic model said so. 

Time to tank for tua. ?

Actually, Troy Aikman made the comment on Draft day. He was concerned about Josh's accuracy in college and he was of the opinion that accuracy cannot be improved dramatically.

Just now, ganesh said:

Actually, Troy Aikman made the comment on Draft day. He was concerned about Josh's accuracy in college and he was of the opinion that accuracy cannot be improved dramatically.

Yep there is another one.

Who can argue with a guy that completed 52.9% as a rookie in 11 games.

We know he never improved it. 

Just now, peterpan said:

Allen's improvement has been off the charts.  Maybe one of the most improved QBs in modern history, from college to NFL.    Mainly mainly that is in just the last half of this season.  Aaron Rodgers come to mind as another massive improvement, but he also spent 4 years on the bench, so it's not really the same.

I'm praying it's not some fluke hot streak.  I really don't believe it is.  I think he continues to improve and hopefully just gets better and better. 

I said this (you can look it up) in the offseason -- last year was the first year Josh really received top quality coaching at the QB position.  He didn't grow up playing QB and wasn't "groomed" to be a QB like most 1st rounders.  He had to beg for a college scholarship.  What we are seeing is that he did and does have the tools and mental capacity to apply that coaching.  His development was simply behind others'...that's really all I believe this is.  On an almost weekly basis now we are seeing a different light click "on" for Josh.  That 3rd-and-10 throw from his own end zone against Dallas was a jaw-dropper.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Allen came in pretty high on NFL.com season long qb ranking list this week! up six slots from his position last week... i'll toss this link in here because its also from NFL.com and sorta supports the whole "progression" theme. this is actually the 2nd list this week that I've seen him come up inside the top 15. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001084167/article/qb-index-week-14-lamar-jackson-still-no-1-josh-allen-surging

Josh Allen

Individual Rank: Bhanpuri: 13 | Blair: 15 | Filice: 11 | Parr: 14

2019 stats: 12 games | 61.5 pct | 2,591 pass yds | 7.1 ypa | 16 pass TD | 8 INT | 430 rush yds | 8 rush TD | 3 fumbles lost

Bhanpuri: Allen has jumped up 14 spots on this list since Week 2 thanks in part to several superb performances like the one he produced on Thanksgiving Day. We've received a lot of heat lately from Bills Mafia for our, perhaps, overly cautious wait-and-see approach to elevating the second-year pro higher in our rankings. To that, I point to the first five weeks of the season, when Allen's play morphed from one week to the next as it often did in Year 1.

Week 1 (passer rating): 71.2
Week 2: 101.1
Week 3: 81.1
Week 4: 24.0
Week 5: 98.3

So forgive us for wanting a bit more consistency from the signal-caller. Well, we asked for it and Josh Allen gave it to us. After last Thursday's signature win at Dallas, continuing a magnetic seven-week run since Buffalo's Week 6 bye, the rocket-armed passer has certainly offered up enough evidence to warrant a massive jump up the rankings. Although his accuracy still has room for improvement, his decision-making has been markedly better, as evidenced by his 16 total touchdowns (11 passing, 5 rushing) against just two giveaways in his last seven games. What better way to vault into the top 10 than to outduel the guy sitting at No. 1? Sunday should be fun

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

so, yes, we should be listening to a QB from arguably one of the most STACKED teams in NFL history, i'm not diminishing Troy's career/accomplishments but... damn...  those Dallas teams he played on.  I'm sure that helped him personally just a little bit.

accuracy is a culmination of MANY factors, it's not just completion percentage and at the least it involves two people...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Say When... said:

so, yes, we should be listening to a QB from arguably one of the most STACKED teams in NFL history, i'm not diminishing Troy's career/accomplishments but... damn...  those Dallas teams he played on.  I'm sure that helped him personally just a little bit.

accuracy is a culmination of MANY factors, it's not just completion percentage and at the least it involves two people...

Chris Simms, a guy that pounded the table for the bills and Allen all summer, always brought up a good point about Allen in the past.... if Wyoming had ran nearly the amount of screens OU did for Mayfield(simms gave an exact number), Allens comp % would have been massively improved and the narrative on him coming out would have been completely different.