Doug Flutie to be legend of the game this Sunday

Flutie sat next to me at a blackjack table in AC when I was about 20. Told him I was a huge Bills fan/fan of his...I think he said “I’m just here to play cards,” or something along those lines, and he wouldn’t even look at me. I just remember thinking “I hope you lose all your money #######.”

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Finally the curse of Flutie will be lifted!!! I’d rather have a little Flutie than a big Johnson.  What an absolute ? he was and I hate everyone who wanted him to play. ?

I mean we did really good after we benched Flutie. 

In the LEAST shocking development in TSW history, biscuit outs himself as a flutopian.

I saw Flutie at my job as him all the NBC crew were leaving after an Notre Dame game. I waved and said have a good night to the crew. Flutie stared at me and walk by. I realized then why Flutie isn’t liked here and none of the stories expressed on Flutie’s attitude isn’t surprising.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Finally the curse of Flutie will be lifted!!! I’d rather have a little Flutie than a big Johnson.  What an absolute ? he was and I hate everyone who wanted him to play. ?

I mean we did really good after we benched Flutie. 

7 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Neither was any better than pedestrian.  The defense was excellent, that is what made that Bills team good.

Exactly. What did Flutie do after he left Buffalo? (I'll help you out. NOTHING! Well, nothing very good.) Neither QB turned out to be worth a s#it. But at that time of the game, if any QB was going to be the QB of the future it was RJ. Younger, bigger, better arm. Had to give him a chance. It was pretty clear by that time Flutie was NOT going to get them very far. Had to roll the dice. And, perhaps surprisingly, he left the field with seconds left, with the lead. Hard to fault him for that. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/5/2019 at 11:16 PM, StHustle said:

Wrong. Flutie is indeed a Legend. Highest win percentage for a QB in Bills History. Was unceremoniously benched for a lesser QB which led to the Music City Miracle and then the longest playoff drought in NFL History. He had his own cereal. And was the original MAGIC QB before Fitz. Him leaving under bad terms WAS NOT HIS FAULT. Was clearly Ralph's fault. He had every right to be PISSED and react the way he did after fighting all year to get us in position for a superbowl run, only to be benched cause our backup looked good in a no pressure game. BTW the team we should have AND WOULD HAVE beat if Flutie started, went on to the superbowl and lost in the last seconds. Could have/should have been us with a chance to win a ring that year. SMH. Flutie was ROBBED!

LONG LIVE THE LEGEND OF FLUTIE!!!

Amen

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

They may have differed in style and demeanor, but at the end of the day, Flutie was pretty much Tyrod. 

Pretty sure Tyrod won't be making a return to Buffalo as a "legend."

Agreed . . . except that Tyrod is very likable.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Agreed . . . except that Tyrod is very likable.

Tyrod is WAY more talented than Flutie. But Flutie had the better career with the Bills. Still nowhere near a Legend except for in the mind of of some fans.