The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

31 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Part of the problem with all of this higher ed issue is the ridiculous belief that simply 'being from Harvard' or 'being from Yale' etc. immediately means you are intelligent and must be considered an authority on whatever topic that Harvard or Yale graduate is speaking about.

That's simply not the case, and the degree does not grant them immediate classification of intelligence. It simply grants them a better opportunity to prove they are intelligent. People like Warren and Obama prove this on a regular basis every time they open their Ivy League mouths. They're not near as smart as we're supposed to believe they are.

Always brings me back to this oldie but goodie

Edited by GG
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

no, it's that there is no factual evidence of this being true.

"I need a favor, though" 

Thats evidence, along with tons of circumstantial evidence, eye witness accounts and the words of Trump administration officials 

2 hours ago, Capco said:

"Never before, in the history of the republic, have we been forced to consider the conduct of a president who appears to have solicited personal, political favors from a foreign government."

Is it that Trump supporters simply think the above is bogus/hot air?  Or do they just not care and turn a blind eye even if they think he did do what he is being accused of, perhaps by citing other presidents who they think did the same or worse?  

I'd hope it's mostly the former.  

Read the transcript and then you might find out why Trump supporters believe this is all bogus.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

"I need a favor, though" 

"I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot..."

What Trump actually said.  "Us" and "our country" are the antithesis of asking for a personal favor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Foxx said:

no, that is not evidence. that is you posting an excerpt without context.

Nope, it's evidence

Im sure you believe Ukraine interfered in 2016, millions of illegals voted and Pizzsagate were all real though :doh:

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

"I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot..."

What Trump actually said.  "Us" and "our country" are the antithesis of asking for a personal favor.

You are actually arguing Trump was working for the good of the country. You don't believe that. You know that's a lie 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are actually arguing Trump was working for the good of the country. You don't believe that. You know that's a lie 

No, I'm arguing that you misrepresented the evidence, and when properly represented the evidence doesn't support impeachment.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

sorry, but without context, it is nothing more than an excerpt that proves nothing.

yes, i believe there was Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election, the degree of which is debatable. millions of illegals voted illegally, i dunno about that but undoubtedly some did. to think that they did not is just being willfully blind or worse, dishonest.  is Pizzagate real, read my last sentence.

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, I'm arguing that you misrepresented the evidence, and when properly represented the evidence doesn't support impeachment.

By arguing Trump was doing what was for the good of the country, a complete joke. 

He was shaking down Ukraine, pure and simple. 

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

sorry, but without context, it is nothing more than an excerpt that proves nothing.

yes, i believe there was Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election, the degree of which is debatable. millions of illegals voted illegally, i dunno about that but undoubtedly some did. to think that they did not is just being willfully blind or worse, dishonest.  is Pizzagate real, read my last sentence.

The context is the withheld aid and what they had to do to get it, which was to do something to interfere in our domestic elections

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Steven Crowder is Canadian! :lol::nana:

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Hubby has a very "prestigious" education.  When we first started dating, my family thought he was a condescending snob. LOL  No one would call him that now. I think it is just what the Ivy League and "upper tier" graduate schools produce as it is so insular and moneyed. If you (generic "prestigious"-school -graduate "you") venture out into the real world, you mellow and expand. If you stay locked in an ivory tower away from deplorables, you don't grow, and pretty soon, you start believing your own bull####.  

Generally speaking, those that stay in the academic world are so insulated from the real world that they believe in such things as The Green New Deal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Nancy Pelosi’s dramatic statement about how they must move forward with articles of impeachment for Trump because the founders would want them to (or whatever hot mess she was babbling about) was just a hot mess.

Truly.

Nobody was surprised that they’d move forward (Nadler has been bragging about doing it since 2017), and ultimately it came across as a Hail Mary of sorts. Mollie Hemingway noticed something else very telling coming from several reporters this morning:

Democrats are in trouble.

We know it.

They know it.

Even the media know it.

But you know, Ben Franklin and they have a heavy heart and stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

By arguing Trump was doing what was for the good of the country, a complete joke. 

He was shaking down Ukraine, pure and simple. 

By demonstrating that you intentionally misquoted the evidence to support your preconceived notion.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That is a must watch, there are three short videos.  Yovanovitch was up to her eyeballs in the Ukrainian money-laundering scandal, which we knew. 

@Chef Jim the second video  touches on Franklin Templeton money laundering that you had asked about the other day.  The third video mentions Schiffy. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The context is the withheld aid and what they had to do to get it, which was to do something to interfere in our domestic elections ...

okay i'll bite... what exactly did they do to get the aid released?

go ahead, i'll wait.

33 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But Pamala Karlan knows that "us" means "me". Must be those numerous degrees that she has have enlightened her.

• Like (+1) 1