The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

House impeachers can hide from a trial, but they can’t run

Washington Examiner, by Editorial

Original Article

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is upset. She let her caucus impeach President Trump on dubious charges with a narrow partisan majority and without taking the time to gather evidence that she now believes must be heard in a Senate trial as it might convince a skeptical public. And now, huge surprise, the Republican Senate appears poised to send the resulting impeachment articles straight to the circular file. As of Friday, Pelosi was still withholding the articles of impeachment from the Senate. She is making demands that the Senate trial be run in a particular way, even though the California Democrat is not a senator.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

i see there are whispers that Nancy will name the House Managers for the Senate Impeachment, effectively transmitting the Articles,  at some point this week.

I hope McConnell refuses to accept the "House Managers," on the grounds that there's absolutely no such legal requirement for the House to be involved in Senate business.  

Just to watch the lefts' heads explode.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I hope McConnell refuses to accept the "House Managers," on the grounds that there's absolutely no such legal requirement for the House to be involved in Senate business.  

Just to watch the lefts' heads explode.

Bolton has come out and said that if he is subpoenaed by the Senate that he will testify. all of which has renewed calls for the House to subpoena him. i mean, you seriously can't make this ***** up, their minds are completely broken.

Just now, Foxx said:

Bolton has come out and said that if he is subpoenaed by the Senate that he will testify. all of which has renewed calls for the House to subpoena him. i mean, you seriously can't make this ***** up, their minds are completely broken.

John Bolton, Democratic savior.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Protect the constitution? Abuse of power directly undermines the constitution. GOP flushing the constitution right down the toilet 

It's funny watching Nancy holding out the articles as a chip in negotiating with Mitch.  Holding out something Mitch has said he really doesn't want. 

Nancy:  Mitch I'm not sending them until you agree to a process we want.

Mitch:  OK, Nancy.

Nancy:  Well Mitch? 

Mitch:  Well what? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

How much does Al Pacino hate that Senate Republicans are best described by Al Pacino memes?  :lol:

not as much as Trump using that Stones song for his rallies.... :D

Allan Klein's ABKCO keeps jabbing them