The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

16 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

See though, there are a few differences from a court trial.  One, the President can block the evidence from being seen and he is doing precisely that.  A normal defendant would not have that right. How can that blocking of all possible witnesses and evidence not be considered by you? 

And two, 'corrupt purposes' are key when it comes to a number actions by politicians.  Determining of motivations is important here.

And three, we have all the accusations from the House proceedings and clues from FOIA documents.  There is precious little to counter accounts of his actions, so what is to be believed?

And four, unlike a trial, part of the audience is the public.  If they don't apply any pressure to Repub Sens, those Sens can skate out of this.  So, not all arguments made by Dems would occur in a courtroom but may be said here in order to influence the public.

Consider for a second the dangerous of a precedent "corrupt purposes" would set.   

You would be institutionalizing thought crime.

Who are acting more like Nazis?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Another Lib loses it:

https://freebeacon.com/politics/msnbc-contributor-if-trump-is-acquitted-he-will-shut-down-voting-in-california/

.....it's only the beginning of their insanity.

yes! i'm giddy with anticipation!!

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

hahahahahahaaa. 

where is Nadler? nowhere to be found is the House Judiciary Chair.

?

He's off identifying as Jerry Klobachar today

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, snafu said:

You’re being obtuse. Whether on purpose or not, I don’t know. I’m not going to go into your motives because it is irrelevant. 

To your second paragraph — the President has the right to do nothing. Just like you do if someone accuses you of something. Silence can not be used to imply guilt. This is as simple a Constitutional right as one can have. 

To your third paragraph — yes of course I’d want an investigation. And I’d want that investigation to be done by people who have the authority to investigate.  And I’d want those people to respect my right to not be required to help them out. 

By the way, your third paragraph completely disproves your entire premise about motives when looking at the predicate for impeachment. If Trump thought Biden was corrupt, wouldn’t you want him to investigate that? Isn’t that a good motive?  This is the problem with weighing motives when there’s more than one reason to do anything. This is why inquiring into motives isn’t really as important as you make them out to be. 

Part of this is cut from my above post to TYTT. 

See though, there are a few differences from a court trial.  One, the President can block the evidence from being seen and he is doing precisely that.  A normal defendant would not have that right. How can that blocking of all possible witnesses and evidence not be considered by you? 

And two, 'corrupt purposes' are key when it comes to a number actions by politicians.  Determining of motivations is important here.

And three, we have all the accusations from the House proceedings and clues from FOIA documents.  There is precious little to counter accounts of his actions, so what is to be believed?

And four, unlike a trial, part of the audience is the public.  If they don't apply any pressure to Repub Sens, those Sens can skate out of this.  So, not all arguments made by Dems would occur in a courtroom but may be said here in order to influence the public.

In addition, Snafu regarding motivations, it is not good versus bad.  It is national interests versus personal, political interests.  It is not about finding a possible truth, it should about finding out the actual truth.

So, going forward, can all US politicians ask for foreign election help??  See, that is part of the problem of just saying whatever he did, it was not enough to convict.  OK, but what did he do and what is now improper going forward?

24 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

It's statements like this which result in you being (rightfully) mocked. 

You admitted you don't know who the IC-IG is or why his testimony is relevant and being kept hidden by Schiff -- yet you claim, without irony, that there's "precious little to counter accounts of his actions". When you INTENTIONALLY remain uninformed and allow yourself to be programmed by proven liars and manipulators, as you have done, then it may seem like there's "precious little to counter" the narrative.

But the reality is far different. 

11 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Call him in the Senate then.  Just don't do it just to out the whistle blower.  Imo, if not to punish, all that needs to be learned on that issue can be done without putting a target on the guy and his family.  I know his name is out there but there is no need to open the guy up to even more crazies that could attack him or his family.

Your sympathy for the whistleblower is admirable. 

Where was it when Nunes was being threatened, doxxed, and attacked by the crazies on the left? Did you pile on? (yup, you did). Did you protest? (nope, because you're a partisan hack, not an independent thinker).

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Call him in the Senate then.  Just don't do it just to out the whistle blower.  Imo, if not to punish, all that needs to be learned on that issue can be done without putting a target on the guy and his family.  I know his name is out there but there is no need to open the guy up to even more crazies that could attack him or his family.

He doesn't need to be called, they have his testimony already but we aren't allowed to see it because Schiff.  So they can redact the name of the whistleblower from the transcript.  Remember the President and his counsel were barred from calling their own witnesses in the House.  Was that maybe a bit unfair and dangerous or nah?

Of the 18 witnesses called by the dems and the dems only,  just Atkinson's testimony has been sealed.  By Adam Schiff.  I wonder why?  

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, GG said:

Consider for a second the dangerous of a precedent "corrupt purposes" would set.   

I'd say it's amazing he fails to see this, but he's the walking embodiment of an NPC, so of course he's blind to it. 

Yet another reason why @Bob in Mich is rightfully mocked. 

• Like (+1) 1

I thought today was the day Hillary was going to become President, right?  I’m wearing my I’m With Her shirt for the occasion!!

trump impeached

hillary appointed speaker of the house

pence resigns

hillary assumes presidency as third in line

what happened???

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

He doesn't need to be called, they have his testimony already but we aren't allowed to see it because Schiff.  So they can redact the name of the whistleblower from the transcript.  Remember the President and his counsel were barred from calling their own witnesses in the House.  Was that maybe a bit unfair and dangerous or nah?

Of the 18 witnesses called by the dems and the dems only,  just Atkinson's testimony has been sealed.  By Adam Schiff.  I wonder why?  

Exactly. 

Bet ya Bob didn't even know that bit. Because Bob isn't interested in truth. He KNOWS the truth, per his own words. He just wants the outcome his overlords have promised him since 2017... 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Exactly. 

Bet ya Bob didn't even know that bit. Because Bob isn't interested in truth. He KNOWS the truth, per his own words. He just wants the outcome his overlords have promised him since 2017... 

Wait for it, its coming!

moving goal posts.gif

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GG said:

How can a person judging propriety of an action not consider why the action was done in the mind of the defendant?  Again, that seems crazy to me. 

Simple example:  Fact: I shoot and kill a man.  I am on trial and claim self defense.

Would it matter if I broke into his house and killed him as opposed to him breaking into my house and getting shot and killed ?  Would you, as a juror, say that is immaterial?

28 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sure, you are right. But it does show his bad character. Republican Senator Alexander admits Trump abused his power, and both these things are consistant with a person who is corrupt. As are many other things he has done. 

Hunter Biden is not his father. Trump is just totally corrupt. Joe Biden, no 

Have you seen Pam Bondi's 30 minutes from earlier in the week?  How do you watch that and not conclude that Joe/Hunter needs a close look?  If you don't want/like corrupt pols, call balls and strikes on corruption regardless of the batter and the pitcher.  Trump only has an interest in the Bidens because of what Joe did.  If Joe doesn't land his son a high paying jopb on that board, none of this happens. 

• Like (+1) 2

So, Warren's question backfired bigly. 

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

How can a person judging propriety of an action not consider why the action was done in the mind of the defendant?  Again, that seems crazy to me. 

Because your brain has been broken by Trump. TDS, if left unchecked, is fatal. You should seek help. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Either you have serious reading comprehension issues or that is a bold faced lie

Not at all, he admitted to what Trump was accused of. You just want to obfuscate. 

Ill play, why did Trump withhold aid according to Sen Alexander? 

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Unless your name is Bob, GarBoTibs, or JA of course.

i mean, the use of impressive graphics in regard to the most recent bombshell just minutes before todays hearing doesn't show any coordination, right?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Simple example:  Fact: I shoot and kill a man.  I am on trial and claim self defense.

Would it matter if I broke into his house and killed him as opposed to him breaking into my house and getting shot and killed ?  Would you, as a juror, say that is immaterial?

You're doing a great disservice to the argument that marijuana helps with cognitive thinking.

Your position flips criminal law on its head.  In your example, intent ONLY comes into play to ascertain the aspect of a crime that has been committed.  You don't look at the intent before the crime occurred, otherwise you would be locking up people simple for having bad thoughts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1