The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

On 1/30/2020 at 10:39 AM, Bob in Mich said:

3rd, I think I found a clip of you on the internet.  Henry, if I can call you that, never met you but this MUST be you.

And, as a reminder, I haven't seen yet that you replied to my 'simple question', or have you?

(Note, not safe for work due to the F word. About 2 minute clip of movie 'Dream Team')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H7xlkKEJak

Meant to ask, Henry, did you lose your clipboard in the mishap? 

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i seriously doubt we will have a House, or Senate for that matter made up of 2/3rd's of one party (unless of course the Democrat Party actually ceases to exist), so your argument is null and void on it's premise.

Oh Foxx,  I was just about to compliment you on your previous point about impeachable vs 25th amendment.....and then you come up with this reasoning.  Do you see that just you thinking it unlikely is not sufficient reason to say it could not happen?  You want to point out bad logic elsewhere.  Do you think it faulty here?

15 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Oh Foxx,  I was just about to compliment you on your previous point about impeachable vs 25th amendment.....and then you come up with this reasoning.  Do you see that just you thinking it unlikely is not sufficient reason to say it could not happen?  You want to point out bad logic elsewhere.  Do you think it faulty here?

What if the president didn't drink alcohol at all but smoked pot every morning? 25th Amendment worthy?

16 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

the only guide we have to go by is past history. using that as our guide, please go back through the past iterations of congress and tell me when was the last time there was a makeup of 2/3rd's of one party. 

i'll wait.

but you won't, your lazy....

46 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"Democrats—they are downtrodden. They are frustrated by this entire process."

Translation: "Before Trump, we could always count on the Republicans caving and doing whatever we wanted. If any of them even dared to disagree, our allies in the media, which let's be honest, is pretty much all the media, would hound them until they dropped sniveling into the fetal position. Now since Trump has been elected these Republicans actually have a spine and never do what we say anymore. And the power of the media doesn't seem to matter anymore. Some Republicans even have the audacity to call them Liberal Hacks. What the hell is going on? Nothing makes sense anymore! Don't people know we are their betters!?!?!"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What if the president didn't drink alcohol at all but smoked pot every morning? 25th Amendment worthy?

I don't think I have a problem with either if the guy keeps to moderation and can do the job.  Certainly can't be nodding off or be unable to do a reasonable job. 

Safety related jobs, like pilots, should not allow either.  Does that relate to starting wars....hmmm, perhaps.

Additionally some jobs are client facing.  If, even a spectacular performer, damages the reputation of the company, they must be moved or released.

13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

the only guide we have to go by is past history. using that as our guide, please go back through the past iterations of congress and tell me when was the last time there was a makeup of 2/3rd's of one party. 

i'll wait.

but you won't, your lazy....

Of course I won't because, as I see from you, you like to miss the point.  Whether it has happened is not really important.  What is important when designing rules is whether it could happen.  It is that way because once it actually happens, changing the rules at that point may appear unfair to one party or the other.  if the rule has been in place, no one has a quarrel.

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Of course I won't because, as I see from you, you like to miss the point.  Whether it has happened is not really important.  What is important when designing rules is whether it could happen.  It is that way because once it actually happens, changing the rules at that point may appear unfair to one party or the other.  if the rule has been in place, no one has a quarrel.

of course you won't because if you did, you'd find that it completely destroys your premise. and yes, it is important when one is looking to understand how improbable your premise is.  

please explain how raising a bar that would practically eliminate partisanship on either side be unfair to any one party, you can't because it isn't.

actually, don't bother. we're done. your circular logic is defeating. there is no discussing anything with you. you are not going to drag me down to your level just so you can beat me to death with your stupidity stick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

HOW THE HOUSE LOST THE WITNESSES ALONG WITH THE IMPEACHMENT:

Prof. Jonathan Turley writes, “the case against the president could only have become stronger” if the House had taken more time to develop a stronger record, and complains that “none of the explanations offered by House Democrats [for not doing this] make any logical sense.”

59 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

"Democrats—they are downtrodden. They are frustrated by this entire process."

Translation: "Before Trump, we could always count on the Republicans caving and doing whatever we wanted. If any of them even dared to disagree, our allies in the media, which let's be honest, is pretty much all the media, would hound them until they dropped sniveling into the fetal position. Now since Trump has been elected these Republicans actually have a spine and never do what we say anymore. And the power of the media doesn't seem to matter anymore. Some Republicans even have the audacity to call them Liberal Hacks. What the hell is going on? Nothing makes sense anymore! Don't people know we are their betters!?!?!"

I think Congressional Republicans have demonstrated less spine than I recall them having, Lindsey for example.   They are thumbing their noses at Dems but no one will stand up to Trump.   I have posted before that if Repubs would push back if/when Trump strays, there would have been no need to take it to the level of impeachment. I am not aware of all the options  but if the Repubs won't check the guy, the impeachment hopefully shone enough light that it won't recur - to check him.

From the Dem perspective it appears that no one will check the guy's actions, proper or not.  Every action is explained away by Repubs.  From the Dem point, election interference can't be ignored.  If impeachment or even oversight can not be used to check him, then the election needs to be fair.  His abuse of power scheme was designed to tilt the election, not just to get him more money or to get Ivanka more contacts.

No response expected

Edited by Bob in Mich

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Well, I thought you would see that point with what I wrote but I can spell it out further. 

Your point about most everyone knowing the accused whistle blower's name is agreed to.   Good point.  To say NOT ONE MORE unstable person could be notified by you and others shouting on the internet is incorrect, right.  That number is admittedly small but it is non zero.  The more shouting, the more tiny increments in the possible number of attackers to the whistle blower.  Maybe some fool has been plotting his attack on the Mosque for the last 6 months and your shouting caught his ill informed, deranged ears.  While certainly  unlikely, I view it as possible.  To a small degree you have increased threat odds for reasons that are questionable.

Don't know Sandman.   I have admittedly not given much thought to whistle blowers in the past.  Why?  Guess it didn't come up in any issue I was watching.  What did I miss that you wish to point out, anything?

Thank you for clarifying. I think if you're being honest with yourself you'll realize that you've formed & maintained this position because people you perceive as allies pushed and continue to push this, rather than because it makes sense to you.

I'm not judging. I've done it too. It's part of the reason I try to keep politics at arm's length. 

The reality is that there is no concern for this guy's safety. The point I was making is not just that anyone motivated enough to kill this guy already knows his name, but moreover, they could learn his identity with no problem. 

The idea that we need to take all precautions out of fear of the 1 in a billion shot that there's some guy out there who is so enraged at Eric Ciaramella that he's willing to trade his life for a kill, but has lacked the motivation to follow the story at all, or even done a cursory Google search, and will suddenly learn this guy's identity while perusing PPP, set his plan in motion, circumvent Ciaramella's security detail, and score the kill, is just too much.

By that logic no one's name should ever be disclosed in association with anything because God only knows what might trigger some unhinged lunatic out there.

It makes about as much sense as living in a bunker for fear of a Russian invasion. Or wearing a helmet in case a meteor falls from the sky.

The selective nature of protecting this guy exposes the insincerity of the media as well. We've never seen such a concerted media effort to conceal anyone's identity like this before. In fact, the media usually goes out of its way to identify people who could be put in a lot more danger by exposure than this guy.

And why would this guy be a bigger target than any number of political figures? No one knows.

A much more realistic threat for Ciaramella is the prospect of an Epstein style elimination in order to keep him from ever exposing the plot. Only instead of a staged suicide it would be pinned on a right-wing wacko - labeling conservatives as crazed killers by association would just be a bonus.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2