The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

watching this last night, when he got up, i said to myself, 'here we go, he is going to side step this question like all others he responds to'. i laughed myself hard into a tizzy at his response about it being okay because it was purchased, whereby he then went off into the weeds because they have nothing. i think they opened themselves big time here with regard.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Margarita said:

SMH please this discourse has nothing to do with impeachment more personal insults and innuendo against me and a person that noone here even knows. Please stop.

nah, it goes to your character. is anything i have said been a lie? did you claim to have blocked me because of a verbose posting i made in direct response to you quoting me, or is it because i mock libs there? you claimed it to be the latter, your disingenuous. 

here's the thing though, you lie to yourself and you believe the horseshit that you make up in your head. and you expect everyone else to believe it too. then you get upset when someone points out your idiocy. you have even done it to the point that you have maligned certain administrators on said site to the point that they have to avoid you. you got banned for a good reason, you can't even get out of your own way because your idiocy is so great. and that is a problem.

horseshit.

Edited by Foxx
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Are you this stupid? Paid opposition research is different that extorting a foreign government to launch fake investigations. Duh! 

You level of dishonesty knows no bounds. But you are no different that the rest of the Trump cult. 

43 minutes ago, Foxx said:

nah, it goes to your character. is anything i have said been a lie? did you claim to have blocked me because of a verbose posting i made in direct response to you quoting me, or is it because i mock libs there? you claimed it to be the latter, your disingenuous. 

here's the thing though, you lie to yourself and you believe the ***** that you make up in your head. and you expect everyone else believe it too. then you get upset when someone points out your idiocy. you have even done it to the point that you have maligned certain administrators on said site to the point that they have to avoid you. you got banned for a good reason, you can't even get out of your own way because your idiocy is so great. and that is a problem.

horseshit.

Im reporting this post as abusive and irrelevant and uncalled for. Shame on you. Just for the record  the ban I received was overturned after a matter of days and a new moderating system implemented to prevent such an action from happening again there  that's the truth of it. To bring up a different board  to slander me here is okay? I don't think so.

Edited by Margarita
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Again, Larry, nice guy with a highly partisan, short sighted, inaccurate take that includes lots of assumptions on unknown matters.  You seem to buy every accusation against the left while discounting every accusation on Trump.  Given Trump's penchant for lying, is that really a reasonable course?  Do you watch Hannity on Fox by any chance?  Ever watch PBS NewsHour?

The House presented their case.  Imo, to an impartial jury and given the WH investigation obstruction, he would be convicted.  As you say, to the Repubs, it was never going to be proven enough to convict.  The goal at this point is twofold.  Get the President's illegal election interference to stop.  Also, they want to get the Repub Senators on record as giving up oversight and ignoring available evidence.

The Nixon tapes changed minds in that hearing.  Similar Trump tapes today would not.  We have WH lawn video claiming with Trump doing what he denies doing and even that is not convincing enough.  Without the skies opening and God himself telling them on TV to '***** listen', the Repub Sens don't want to know more.  The more they know, the harder it is to say, 'No problem'.

We've come too far in this anonymous relationship of ours for you to toss out 'Fox News/Hannity', as a means of buttressing your argument.   It's unnecessary, and if the Hanman was my source for intel, I'm not sure why that would be an issue anyways.  Are we only to screen certain government-approved news sources, Das Komrade Bobinovitch?

I try to gather news from a variety of sources, most certainly skew to those that match my worldview as does every other human in the country.  I stomach, barely, NPR on a fairly regular basis. I pay attention to what the networks are reporting, I review NYT and WaPo articles of interest as time permits.  I do not represent myself as a person with intimate familiarity on every nuance and social issue, I understand that while I think Barrack Obama was a bad president, others did not and regardless of what he did, my primary role in life was to be a good son/husband/father.  I'm frail of spirit at times, but on the whole, I'm ok.  I'm reasonably intelligent, I'm open-minded within reason, I can learn and evolve.  I've seen nothing the compels me to evolve in this case. 

I know, with certainty, that the process as it is playing out in the senate is 100% appropriate given the issues, the stakes, the votes of in excess of 60m deplorable trump voters, the house process, what's been said and alleged, the holes in what has been said and alleged, and the totality of the liberal attempt to destroy Trump.  

I know you want to see him hauled off Guantanamo, I understand your perspective and recognize what you say about the highly partisan political attack by the dems to sully the Rs.  We agree on that.  You see it as them doing The Lord's Work, I see it as dangerous political wrangling.  I'm torn between wanting it to happen to 'your guy' in the future, of using impeachment as a means of further eroding what little confidence is left in our system, and realizing that's just going to make me feel dirty, like a New England Patriot's fan. 

Tell you what though, if we want to debate thought crimes, motivation, feelings, and kicking all the doors in in the relentless pursuit of the adversary, let's get that done when your guy is in power, and your vote is impacted.  I didn't like it when Mueller did it, I don't like it now.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Are you this stupid? Paid opposition research is different that extorting a foreign government to launch fake investigations. Duh! 

You level of dishonesty knows no bounds. But you are no different that the rest of the Trump cult. 

and once again, you are moving the goalposts because that was not the context. the context was any foreign information.

8 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Im reporting this post as abusive and irrelevant and uncalled for. Shame on you

hahahahahahaa

par for your course.

Edited by Foxx
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Update: Here’s WaPo  reporting, that the endgame may still be days away.

A senior administration official and two congressional officials said Friday it was unlikely that senators would rush immediately to a verdict after the witness vote fails. They requested anonymity to speak candidly about internal discussions.

The administration official and a congressional official raised the possibility that the Senate could take up a new procedural resolution laying out rules for the trial’s endgame — which could include time for closing arguments, private deliberations and public speeches by senators.

The Senate passed such a supplemental resolution in the middle of the 1999 impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton.

Even passing that resolution could be a lengthy process: When senators debated the initial rules resolution last week, it took more than 12 hours of floor time to process debate on Democratic amendments to the GOP proposal, which ultimately passed unamended just before 2 a.m. on Jan. 22.

It could take until Wednesday, per one of WaPo’s sources, but that’s highly, highly unlikely. 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Tiberius at straight jacket level of hysteria now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

and once again, you are moving the goalposts because that was not the context. the context was any foreign information.

hahahahahahaa

par for your course.

you are whom felt it necessary to attack me, my character and bring up other boards while here. Again shame on you Foxx this is a new LOW. waaaay below the belt. Im not going to go tit for tat which would be engaging you further.  SMH I hope the report reaps benefit you went way too far and completely out of line.Now you are ignored here also. Have a nice life.

Edited by Margarita

4 minutes ago, Margarita said:

you are whom felt it necessary to attack me, my character and bring up other boards while here. Again shame on you Foxx this is a new LOW. waaaay below the belt. Im not going to go tit for tat which would be engaging you further.  SMH I hope the report reaps benefit you went way too far and completely out of line.Now you are ignored here also. Have a nice life.

you attacked me there. you brought up the other board, here. you opened the bottle, i'm just capping it.

it's okay, snowflake. i promise you won't melt (literally anyways).

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Dem leaders signal they won’t accept Trump acquittal as legitimate

By Marisa Schultz | Fox News

Democrats signaled in the runup to the looming conclusion of President Trump's impeachment proceedings that they'll simply refuse to accept his all-but-certain acquittal because his "sham" trial lacked proper witnesses and evidence.

Signaling how they will message the saga in the coming months on the campaign trail, top Democratic leaders in the House and Senate argued Trump can never erase the stain of impeachment because the trial wasn’t legitimate.

"The president's acquittal will be meaningless," Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., declared Friday, "because it will be the result of a sham trial. If there are no witnesses, no documents in this trial, there will be a permanent asterisk next to the acquittal of President Trump written in permanent ink."

Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif. said Republicans may get what they want -- a speedy end to the trial -- but it won't have any value.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-leaders-signal-they-wont-accept-trump-acquittal-as-legitimate

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And you are still a stupid idiot. You seem really slow. Do you have to take heavy medication or something? 

That's YOUR medication which is making the world seem slow and stupid.  Have some borscht, comrade.

Edited by RochesterRob