The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not looking to pile on, but am very curious about the bolded.

What were you expecting Trump to be/ do as President prior to his election and what did you get that was different from that to make you now not only regret that vote but believe he should be removed from office on the basis of the 2 Articles of Impeachment?

Because for me, the path has been the exact opposite.  Couldn't stand / accept the crudity &/or carnival Barker that he'd shown himself to be in 25-30 years of being in the spotlight and refused to vote for him even though I expected that Hillary Clinton would be a far worse President than any we'd had before.  So, voted for a write in candidate for the 1st time ever.  (Living in a state that Hill was likely to carry by at least 3MM votes made that easier, but the fact is there was no way to justify at that time voting for him.)

Now, since he was elected, though we've been told nearly daily for 3 years that we'd be seeing new wars started, there have been no new ones and the existing ones aren't escalating.  Though we were told the economy would go to ####, employment is at all time highs, inflation is low, and the market is doing well.  We were told he's a racist, but he champions prison reform and has essentially doubled federal support to historically black colleges and universities.  Though we've been told he hates the rest of the world, he's pushed through 2 major trade deals.  Though we've been told he hates NATO, we're still in it and our European allies are coming closer to meeting their commitments to it.  ISIS and Iran have faced major setbacks as have human trafficers.  That's just a portion of the positives of his record.

Still really dislike his tone / tenor in his tweets, but should the economy still be good in November and we still find ourselves in no new wars, can't see how not to vote for him.  (And consider myself more of a conservative  / libertarian than a Republican.)  But as a Republican yourself, who do you expect to get more of the agenda implemented than 45?

wether or not it is believed or trusted I was a registered Republican who quite honestly thought Both candidates were dreadful but I voted for Trump (in cali so it basically meant little and that gives me sparse comfort) as an anti vote to hillary and besides that I am anti abortion so in that regard he/his party/appts  aligned with my values. I only really began to delve into political chats pretty recently and I also am an active participant in fundraising for a charity that seeks to help children at one of the poorest countries and crime infested places in the entire world San Pedro Sula Honduras.  The border and that fiasco was a large part why I began to really distrust Donald Trump knowing as I do people from that country..Yes I know Obama was tough on immigration also so no lectures there from the peanut gallery PLEASE. Thats the readers digest version.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Gleeful Gator is denying he laughed at the deaths in Benghazi. Is there anyone who remembers it as I do? 

So, the July 25th phone call that Zelensky didn't know he was being extorted in is now the basis of Trump's impeachment trial? 

They just remember you lying about it over and over. 

Come on, I busted you on using Trump’s propaganda about the release of aid to Ukraine. You were vomiting out trump’s lies and I showed you there was no anti corruption effort and the aid was released...after he got caught. 

So you turn to an older lie...

No way you clowns keep political power for long with all these lies, corruptions, abuses of power and racism. Trump is a lucky skunk right now, the economy is doing well, and not because of him. Look at Virginia, GOP swept from power. That’s the future of the nation 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Come on, I busted you on using Trump’s propaganda about the release of aid to Ukraine. You were vomiting out trump’s lies and I showed you there was no anti corruption effort and the aid was released...after he got caught. 

No way you clowns keep political power for long with all these lies, corruptions, abuses of power and racism. Trump is a lucky skunk right now, the economy is doing well, and not because of him. Look at Virginia, GOP swept from power. That’s the future of the nation 

You.......................not a lucky skunk. 

2 hours ago, Margarita said:

bullpuckey

Your analysis of Trump on a personal level is spot on in my opinion. He always has been and remains a disgusting personality on multiple levels. You might be surprised just how many posters here share your view on Trump the man.  I did not vote for him in 2016 largely because of his repugnant personality. 

However, being a loathsome person in no way justifies what was done to Trump the candidate and President by our federal intelligence and law enforcement agencies. What was done is in large part beyond debate at this point.  These things happened and are far, far more dangerous to the office and future of our republic than anything that man child Trump has done or is doing in response to it.

Continue believing what you want. You're misinformed and not alone.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(Still striving for a conversation, not a hostile debate, and appreciate your responses :beer: ) 

Honestly though, how can you differentiate between the two? If you think it was sketchy (and I agree), which does NOT mean criminal (we'd both agree there I suspect), it certainly warrants a closer look if you're concerned about corruption, no? 

Or, do you believe the simple act of running for president makes one immune from investigation into their past misdeeds? 

If what Biden was doing was corrupt, and the odds are HIGH that it was, then the country benefits from an investigation into that. Does Trump benefit too? Maybe. But he's still POTUS and has every legal right to investigate corruption in terms of foreign policy. The constitution is explicit in that.

I think that an acting President should be VERY careful in the way he attempts to investigate claims of inpropriety by a future political opponent so as to not even go Near it being seen as for his own value/benefit...so either way he was ignorant or stupid or straight up knew it was for his benefit and could argue it was for the countries. I look at him with a lens of severe distrust  I'll admit it 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

HAHA Gator is once again lying about his Benghazi laughter. Anyone else remember it?

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Your analysis of Trump on a personal level is spot on in my opinion. He always has been and remains a disgusting personality on multiple levels. You might be surprised just how many posters here share your view on Trump the man.  I did not vote for him in 2016 largely because of his repugnant personality. 

However, being a loathsome person in no way justifies what was done to Trump the candidate and President by our federal intelligence and law enforcement agencies. What was done is in large part beyond debate at this point.  These things happened and are far, far more dangerous to the office and future of our republic than anything that man child Trump has done or is doing in response to it.

Continue believing what you want. You're misinformed and not alone.

BillsFanNC  I think an impeachment trial is VERY detrimental to our country I just wish DT himself treated his office with the dignity and respect it deserves combined with he professing to be Christian ...He uses THAT particular label when it is convenient but one of my main distrusts of him is what he says and then what he DOES and Says while professing to be a Christian...total bullpuckey again.....I can hear the masses now calling how I can judge wether or not he is a believer or not to answer that I look at his fruit and it STINKS.

Sorry, but I just don’t see a crime here...I think the Dems are really grasping at straws just because they hate Trump...unless an actual crime is brought forth, I see no different actions by Trump than by what all other presidents do...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Look at me! Look at me! LOOK AT ME! And people indulge these trolls. ?‍♀️  To each his/her own.

I have often said how grateful I am for the dungeon. I have read so much, learned so much, and broadened my intellectual horizons due to PPP. It astounds me that this football sub forum, of all places, has such varied sources and discussions. I read a lot of political blogs and news commentary, and PPP really does a great job of coalescing timely, pertinent information.

Too bad there are some people just here to drop troll-clutter.

says the poster who comes to the forum unsigned in to read her "Ignored users" you want to talk disingenuous we can go there...your cred with me is pretty low Gal I'll take your  council with a HUGE grain of salt

35 minutes ago, Margarita said:

I also am an active participant in fundraising for a charity that seeks to help children at one of the poorest countries and crime infested places in the entire world San Pedro Sula Honduras.  The border and that fiasco was a large part why I began to really distrust Donald Trump knowing as I do people from that country...

Highlighting this point only because it crosses over with my own work/interests: 

The "border fiasco" you're referring to is directly tied to protecting children, especially children from regions like Honduras. How? Trump's top agenda on the border, and you could argue since he came into office, is a crackdown on human trafficking. If you're working with people from Honduras, especially migrants, then I'm certain you've heard the horror stories of the cartels, traffickers, and coyotes. 

"Child Separation" and how it was handled by the media should be a huge warning sign that the media, and the establishment DC (both right and left) are deeply corrupt. Those who argued, forcefully, that putting children in cages was wrong and inhuman also knowingly were ignoring the other side of that coin: namely that hundreds of thousands of children a year are trafficked across the southern border for the purposes of human slavery. Separating children from their parents is bad -- you and I both feel for them. 2/3rds of people crossing the border are doing so without any ill intent towards their children. But that leaves 1/3 of the kids (100s of thousands a year, if not more) in danger. Arguing against "children in cages" is an argument FOR giving traffickers a free pass. 

This propaganda campaign was done specifically to muddy these waters. Because those trafficking pipelines are worth billions of dollars a year to the cartels and their customers. Billions. And DC politicians have, for decades, taken kickbacks from the cartels, the PRI, and others to keep the border porous. To protect this supply line of children

I urge you, with all sincerity, to dig deeper into the border/wall issues. And look hard at trafficking. Talk to the people you work with, you won't have to look hard to find a victim or hear their story. 

This, by the way, was one of the major understandings/revelations that opened my eyes to exactly what's happening. 

Trump isn't a threat to the country, or to you or me. He's a direct threat to this industry. An industry which the likes of McCain, Pelosi, Schiff, and many more have directly/knowingly profited from for decades. In "donations" and kickbacks. They're terrified of this income stream being dried up. It has nothing to do with "protecting children". Quite the opposite. 

29 minutes ago, Margarita said:

I think that an acting President should be VERY careful in the way he attempts to investigate claims of inpropriety by a future political opponent so as to not even go Near it being seen as for his own value/benefit...so either way he was ignorant or stupid or straight up knew it was for his benefit and could argue it was for the countries. I look at him with a lens of severe distrust  I'll admit it 

So you are of the opinion that a sitting president can not, or should not, investigate anyone who might run against him in the future?

Walk that line of thought all the way out. And consider what we've learned about the Russia/Trump hoax -- and how the FBI was spying (illegally) on a political opponent of the White House. I'm guessing (and please correct me if I'm wrong) you had no problem with that investigation... 

23 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Robert Ray taking the case down a worm hole.  Not sure of the value of his contribution.  He overcooked the stew.

Everyone has food coma from dinner -- he's the digestive mint. ;) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, Margarita said:

and I also am an active participant in fundraising for a charity that seeks to help children at one of the poorest countries and crime infested places in the entire world San Pedro Sula Honduras.  The border and that fiasco was a large part why I began to really distrust Donald Trump knowing as I do people from that country..Yes I know Obama was tough on immigration also so no lectures there from the peanut gallery PLEASE. Thats the readers digest version.

Did you explore why Honduras disintegrated into one of the worst places in Central America in the first place?  Why are Honduran migrants eclipsing even the Guatemalans?

• Like (+1) 2

I have NO sympathy for the Democrats. They never even sent a subpoena to Bolton.

Judge Leon w/the Kupperman subpoena agreed to an expedited schedule to resolve the Executive vs. Legislative subpoena issue in the Dec/Jan time frame.

Schiff lost interest, withdrew the subpoena & filed a motion to dismiss.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Margarita said:

wether or not it is believed or trusted I was a registered Republican who quite honestly thought Both candidates were dreadful but I voted for Trump (in cali so it basically meant little and that gives me sparse comfort) as an anti vote to hillary and besides that I am anti abortion so in that regard he/his party/appts  aligned with my values. I only really began to delve into political chats pretty recently and I also am an active participant in fundraising for a charity that seeks to help children at one of the poorest countries and crime infested places in the entire world San Pedro Sula Honduras.  The border and that fiasco was a large part why I began to really distrust Donald Trump knowing as I do people from that country..Yes I know Obama was tough on immigration also so no lectures there from the peanut gallery PLEASE. Thats the readers digest version.

It is interesting that issues that are dear to your are the right to life and conditions in Honduras.  IMHO, 45 has done more for those issues (though still not enough) than any other President since at least Reagan.

Just a couple of readily brought to mind examples:  45 was the 1st President ever to speak at the March for Life and the border wall that you dislike is being proposed and implemented in no small part to thwart human traffickers preying on the poor from Latin America.

Which brings back my earlier question: who will do more to effectively support (through actions, not words) issues that you hold dear than 45 has done & will do?

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2