The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

2 hours ago, Capco said:

@Deranged Rhino Yes.  I'd like to see all pertinent evidence brought forth, for both the prosecution and the defense, including the OIG testimony and witnesses.  As you say, this is tearing the country apart and it needs to be resolved one way or another so we can mend these wounds.  

But that mending can only happen if both sides are open to both possibilities.  When the Democrats make mental gymnastics to beat around the bush a lot of people here cry foul, but when the Republicans do it the same folks jump through the same mental hoops lock, stock, and barrel.  

Let them make their cases with all the evidence at their disposal, both prosecution and defense.  Neither side should make political moves to prevent information from being brought forth and yet both sides are doing it.  But when I try to point out those mental gymnastics I just get called an idiot lol.  

Oh, now I am reading this post.

Maybe there should be more witnesses, maybe not.  You’re forgetting that this isn’t a real, judicial trial. This is a political proceeding and if the politicians on either side push too far then the voters will speak. That goes for Dems overplaying their “case”, and for Republicans being “too” obstructionist. That goes also for the President. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago,  Capco said: 

"Only in Trumplandia does the omission of information create a clearer picture. "

Think of it this way, Cap:  Farmers often power wash their manure spreaders to keep them in working order.  Similarly, occasionally one has to eliminate the $#it to get a clear picture, eh? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. Comey "cost Hillary the election" with his press conference about NOT charging her for the email scandal. That's the line the left uses.

The reality is, of course, Comey's not on the right or the left. He's establishment to his core, and the establishment plays both sides against the middle. At the time of that press conference the FBI, CIA, DOJ, and White House were actively working to assure that HRC was going to be elected the next president. Comey knew that she would win, he was promised as such. So what could a press conference hurt, he figured. Maybe he could get some cred for his own reputation by holding the press conference (where he let her skate from serious legal peril) and that would be the end of it.

He never expected she would lose. 

And when she did, Comey and all the rats became vulnerable to exposure for the crimes they'd been committing. 

I think that Comey's press conference was engineered by those above him to put some polish on a campaign (Hillary's) that had a fair amount of tarnish on it.  Simply, through gullibility or arrogance those individuals considered the Clinton poll numbers as irrefutable.  That allaying independents' concerns about corruption would give Clinton even greater numbers and be taken as a mandate to influence other races and ultimately Clinton's agenda had she succeeded. 

The darn auto correct is getting hypersensitive anymore.

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Like (+1) 2

As someone who works in TV a lot -- that's a big drop. 

My 93 year-old mom is pissed at the TV stations. Most of the week  she couldn’t watch  Lets Make a Deal or The Price is Right. Those show get high ratings.  The person from the lab came yesterday to draw her blood at the house and  said every house that she goes ro has those two shows on.

Edited by Wacka
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I think that Comey's pass conference was engineered by those above him to put some polish on a campaign (Hillary's) that had a fair amount of tarnish on it.  Simply, through gullibility or arrogance those individuals considered the Clinton poll numbers as irrefutable.  That allaying independents' concerns about corruption would give Clinton even greater numbers and be taken as a mandate to influence other races and ultimately Clinton's agenda had she succeeded. 

I agree. They thought it was a certainty that she would win, but still had to find a way to not only give some polish to the campaign -- but also head off any potential House investigations into President Clinton's email scandal. So Comey is trotted out to read off all the reasons why she should have been prosecuted (so he can look impartial) only to ultimately let her skate. It was supposed to be a win for Comey (he's impartial!) who was angling to remain her FBI chief, and a win for Clinton (no more email scandal investigations). 

Plus, they knew they were about to hit the Trump campaign and media with the "Russia and Trump are conspiring together" narrative. They had been building it up for a month and a half prior to Comey's July press conference -- and knew they had more coming. The campaign and Comey figured whatever negative media hit they'd take for Comey "going rogue" would be memory-holed by the public once the Russia story started hitting the bloodstream. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1. I would like to thank you all for sharing recaps, opinions, and clips. We are on vacation and missing all this.  

2. While reading TBD on my phone I am not signed. That means I get to see all the "contributors" I have blocked. And, seeing their contributing gems, that just reconfirms why I blocked them in the first place. Oy. Also, is there an APB out on Tibs? Does he just have the day off, or has that sweet-Soros cash run out? 

3. WTF would anyone who is against the MSM and Democrats (BIRM) want President Trump to stop tweeting? If you have not figured out four years in that what he tweets (yes, even the insults) have a reason for being tweeted, well, I cannot help you.

4. Sounds like Schiffy finally had his perfidy exposed in the Congressional record. Good. The man is the worst kind of political slime (and as someone with Chuckie as my state's Senator, I can easily spot political slime).  That some are still taking what he says as fact is simply incredible to me.    

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Are kickbacks a crime? Are scams to funnel US treasury monies back to politically connected companies/donors/relatives through a foreign aid payment a crime? 

I'm not quite sure... but I know so. It's what the Deep State does. It's how they percolate their wealth - through state-funded grants/aid to other countries with a "refund" back to the favorite charity/family member on a no-work "job", or any other scheme they can concoct.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

16161866-7256805-Old_school_Seven_years_

Objection, relevance.

I thought this was an under appreciated segment after listening to the pundits afterward who didn't give it much credence.  His were the kind of arguments that get cases or meaningful aspects of cases nullified. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

2. While reading TBD on my phone I am not signed. That means I get to see all the "contributors" I have blocked. And, seeing their contributing gems, that just reconfirms why I blocked them in the first place. Oy. Also, is there an APB out on Tibs? Does he just have the day off, or has that sweet-Soros cash run out? 

He's a BOT, not a real human.  Let that one marinate.

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Chuck should began working on a national holiday to honor Schiff.

Schumer was so moved by Schiff's presence, that Chuck compared it on par with MLK speaking.

April 1st be ideal to honor Schiff. He looked a fool. MLK never did.

• Haha (+1) 2