The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..is this an evidentiary proceeding where Justice Roberts plays an actual role or is he the peacemaker with Senate vote being ultimate decision?..........

Justice Roberts has only a minimal role in this farce; he has no real power. The Senate makes the rules and can vote to override any sustained (or even overruled) objections. Constitutionally, he just has to preside over the matter. The Senate doesn't have to give him any actual power to rule on evidentiary issues, objections, etc.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Justice Roberts has only a minimal role in this farce; he has no real power. The Senate makes the rules and can vote to override any sustained (or even overruled) objections. Constitutionally, he just has to preside over the matter. The Senate doesn't have to give him any actual power to rule on evidentiary issues, objections, etc.

...thank you Counselor......so in essence, he is the "Referee In Charge For Show Only".......

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They need to careful about making this argument too much if they don’t want any more witnesses. 

If I were the House Managers, I’d take notes every time the WH reps hint at needing to hear from direct fact witnesses.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Despite talking for 24 hours in the Senate impeachment trial, Democrats failed to mention key evidence, because they know facts aren’t on the side, President Donald Trump defense attorney said in opening statements Saturday as Trump’s defense began arguments.

Cipollone promised that Trump’s attorneys would present the evidence that Democrats omitted, and said that those watching should ask: “Why am I just hearing about this now, after 24 hours of sitting through arguments?”:

“The fact that they came here, for 24 hours, and hid evidence from you, is further evidence that they don’t really believe in the facts of their case.”

White House Counsel Pat Cipollone: "Today, we are going to confront them on the merits of their argument. Now they have the burden of proof and they have not come close to meeting it."

Full video: https://t.co/OZkWUFBtfB pic.twitter.com/xC7nGkLafB

White House Counsel Pat Cipollone: "Today, we are going to confront them on the merits of their argument. Now they have the burden of proof and they have not come close to meeting it."

Full video: https://cs.pn/36qtqxx

The Democrats – not President Trump – are actually the ones trying “to perpetrate the most massive interference in an election in American history,” Cipollone said:

“That this is, for all their talk about election interference, that they’re here to perpetrate the most massive interference in an election in American history. And, we cannot allow that to happen.

“It would violate our constitution. It would violate our history. It would violate our obligations to the future. And, most importantly, it would violate the sacred trust the American people have placed in you and have place in them.

“The American people decide elections.”

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

Caught 5 minutes from Philbin and saw him demolish Schiff and the Dems.  Good efficient, effective work. 

I was running errands.  Caught what I think was him while driving around. 

Was he the one explaining about why the White House wouldn’t comply with subpoenas?  He was good if it was him.

56 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Jay Sekulow needs to be kept behind the scenes.  Great content but horrible delivery.

He’s good during the breaks when talking to the press. I don’t think he’s got the right temperament for the hearing.

12 minutes ago, dubs said:

Caught 5 minutes from Philbin and saw him demolish Schiff and the Dems.  Good efficient, effective work. 

...LOL...certainly agree......only problem is that "demolishing Schiff" would be a "22 second assignment for a Law Clerk".....what's even sadder is the the Califickle electorate reelects this fraud in a landslide............2020.......

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Thank God I’m watching on CSpan. 

Had thought my DVR was set to record all the proceedings (got the previous 4 days) off C-SPAN2.  Just realized the recording of this morning's session didn't happen.  ####

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Had thought my DVR was set to record all the proceedings (got the previous 4 days) off C-SPAN2.  Just realized the recording of this morning's session didn't happen.  ####

here. a little more than 2 hous and 2 minutes. it really is quite good and doesn't drone on like someone else's presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vEtnfWQops

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2