The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

1 minute ago, snafu said:

I believe this is a smear job and nothing more.

I believe that the Democrats in the House are doing exactly the thing that they want to remove Trump over.  They are using their own high office for purely political gain.  This whole dog an pony show  is a hypocritical abuse of power in and of itself.

I believe that since the House drafted the Articles then the House should read their own charges and stick to what they alleged.  I don't mind evidence if it is limited to the charges they passed.  But they should have done that "gather evidence" thing when they had the chance.  Therefore, I believe they screwed up.

But why do we need more evidence?  I was told by no fewer than 230 members of Congress that the facts are (1) not in dispute, and (2) overwhelmingly in support of impeachment.

It's B.S.  Stop pretending otherwise.

Trump and co are trying to steal an election, using public funds and other official acts to do it. That obviously doesn’t bother you. No way Dems should roll over and accept that corruption 

4 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Listening to Jeffries try to legitimize what Biden did to get the Ukraine AG fired by saying it was what people thought should be done?

WTF?..........over?

With the backing of our government, the E.U., the world monetary fund, but details....

44 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I've said it before...if you ever want to grasp how stupid Dems are, just listen to them. And Rubin is one of the dumbest, except for the fact that she's managed to convince people she's a Republican.

Here...Rubin retweeted this earlier...

But not this shortly after...

Gotta love the Babylon Bee comment in to this tweet!

Original tweet

image.thumb.png.a48e42a655f78dc2fe8d3912dc2d0824.png

• Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

DvUGrnpj_reasonably_small.jpg

Seems like I poked the bear today. The purveyors of Pizzagate and the Seth Rich conspiracy are lecturing me on honesty. I told a joke, you guys are a destructive joke that is killing our democracy. Other than that, hope you’re enjoying the trial and have a nice evening
6:45 PM · Jan 22, 2020 from Manhattan, NY·Twitter for iPhone

1 hour ago, snafu said:

While Val Demings was speaking about an Oval Office Meeting, I was reading  the first Article of Impeachment.

The abuse of office alleged in the First Article of Impeachment ONLY references withholding Ukrainian aid.  It doesn't mention anything at all about an Oval Office visit.

Such a B.S. waste of time.  Don't these people know that just because they have 24 hours to speak, they don't need to use 24 hours to speak?  They're just going round and round and repeating the same allegations over and over.

Schiff reminds me of a student that has to write a 20 page essay.
He then proceeds to fill that essay with  20 pages of quotes from other people.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Presenting evidence is basically listing testimony from witnesses. Texts, emails, etc, too. 

58 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

No wonder he wants Quid Pro Joe to be President...

Edited by Doc

10 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

For every dollar of your 2019 taxes $0.0000026 of each dollar you were taxed will go toward impeachment.

There is also the cost of time, along with money.

Anything money figure wise above zero is too much for the taxpayers.

That .0.0000026 could be used for much more productive services, like, ummmmmmm, infrastructure.

Edited by njbuff

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Trump and co are trying to steal an election, using public funds and other official acts to do it. That obviously doesn’t bother you. No way Dems should roll over and accept that corruption 

With the backing of our government, the E.U., the world monetary fund, but details....

the “world” monetary fund?