The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

5 minutes ago, dubs said:

I still can’t get over the whole basis for this. How does it even approach an impeachable offense?  It’s actually not only not impeachable, but the duty of the president to ensure the countries we are giving taxpayer money to and not involved in corruption with current or former senior administration officials. 

Facts:

1) hunter Biden was on the board of Burisma only because he was the son of a sitting Vice President.  (That alone is a basis for investigation)

2) joe Biden bragged about firing a prosecutor who was looking into burisma. He accomplished this by threatening to withhold foreign aid. 

3) no aide was withheld by the trump administration. 

why again are we here??

Most importantly, Zelensky and Yernak deny there was pressure and no investigation was started. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

ya know... there is a part of me that wants them to convict while also removing the small print item here. this way he can run again and since he hasn't completed a full term, he could be reelected two more times. talk about the Donner's heads exploding. it would be a glorious site to behold.

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I have stepped back from this political nonsense with the Bills season going on, but I have a question for the political experts on here..........

Isn't it the President's JOB to look into corruption, or am I missing something here?

Doesn't the President have executive privilege to do whatever the fvck he wants if he sees their is potential corruption?

If the answers to these two questions are yes.......... then the answer to this question should be a yes.................

Is this whole thing a fvcking ridiculous farse?

not only that, but the President sets foreign policy, not unelected bureaucrats.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yes. 

What's the point of wasting everyone's time with this garbage then?

No laws were broken. The President was just doing his job

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

ya know... there is a part of me that wants them to convict while also removing the small print item here. this way he can run again and since he hasn't completed a full term, he could be reelected two more times. talk about the Donner's heads exploding. it would be a glorious site to behold.

not only that, but the President sets foreign policy, not unelected bureaucrats.

This whole thing is mind-numbing.

And I would say the same EXACT THING if this was Obama being railroaded here.

I just don't understand this whole thing.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, njbuff said:

2020 politics. This is about smearing Trump and every republican running in the Senate and House in 2020 with "he was impeached and the Senate would have removed if they weren't corrupt!" allegations (bullschiff). They know they have no hope in beating Trump at the ballot box, so this is about delegitimizing his second term. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

2020 politics. This is about smearing Trump and every republican running in the Senate and House in 2020 with "he was impeached and the Senate would have removed if they weren't corrupt!" allegations (bullschiff). They know they have no hope in beating Trump at the ballot box, so this is about delegitimizing his second term. 

I guess they don't understand that there are more registered Democrats in this country and no matter what terrible candidate they put up against Trump, they can beat. I am not saying they will beat him by any means though. But there is always that shot when the (D) is the first letter in front of more Americans names than the (R).

I guess this whole thing sets a precedent that the party who doesn't have Presidential power can impeach the other if the President farts the wrong way.

Disgusting.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

This whole thing is mind-numbing.

And I would say the same EXACT THING if this was Obama being railroaded here.

I just don't understand this whole thing.

Because hashtagORANGEMANBAD

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

i would venture that there is also another agenda here, taking back the Senate. you know the Dems... it don't matter what happens in the Senate and whether they get their way or not, anything short of removal and they are going to be screaming to the rooftops that it was a corrupt process. as such, the American people have to vote the Repubs out so the Dems can regain control and put the country on the right track. 

if that happens, i expect more impeacments articles but they still will not have the votes to remove Donald. though they will pull every trick out of their playbooks, it will backfire upon them. i pray for the country if the Dems take back the Senate. 

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I guess they don't understand that there are more registered Democrats in this country and no matter what terrible candidate they put up against Trump, they can beat. I am not saying they will beat him by any means though. But there is always that shot when the (D) is the first letter in front of more Americans names than the (R).

I guess this whole thing sets a precedent that the party who doesn't have Presidential power can impeach the other if the President farts the wrong way.

Disgusting.

clean up the illegal voter rolls and there is no way in hell they beat Trump.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i would venture that there is also another agenda here, taking back the Senate. you know the Dems... it don't matter what happens in the Senate and whether they get their way or not, anything short of removal and they are going to be screaming to the rooftops that it was a corrupt process. as such, the American people have to vote the Repubs out so the Dems can regain control and put the country on the right track. 

if that happens, i expect more impeacments articles but they still will not have the votes to remove Donald. though they will pull every trick out of their playbooks, it will backfire upon them. i pray for the country if the Dems take back the Senate. 

The Dems say the Republicans are the ones cheating in elections.

What a mess.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Right now I don't think there is a Dem that win their own primary.  The greater exposure to this set of candidates in the campaign so far is not flattering. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Lindsey Graham:

" Quite frankly, having Adam Schiff lecture the Senate about fairness and due process is like listening to an arsonist talk about fire prevention. "

That's great stuff right there.

I guess Graham is bringing out his inner Rodney Dangerfield.

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

Right now I don't think there is a Dem that win their own primary.  The greater exposure to this set of candidates in the campaign so far is not flattering. 

Don't underestimate the voters in this country, after all AOC got elected and she is dumber than a box of rocks.

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I guess Graham is bringing out his inner Rodney Dangerfield.

Don't underestimate the voters in this country, after all AOC got elected and she is dumber than a box of rocks.

See my thread.

The average american is an idiot. The fact that Schiff/AOC/Tlaib/Omar hold office is proof of that.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

... Don't underestimate the voters in this country, after all AOC got elected and she is dumber than a box of rocks.

a lot has changed since then. the Dems have doubled down and it isn't pretty.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

btw: Schumer says he has 50 amendments he plans on submitting. 

We've taken 4 hours to go through 1.5 so far. 

Image result for jump out window gif

McConnell has said that they will work our procedure, today. i wonder if he proposes a summary table motion, or if he could even do that.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

See my thread.

The average american is an idiot. The fact that Schiff/AOC/Tlaib/Omar hold office is proof of that.

I just shake my head.

I guess if a head of lettuce had (D) before its name, it could get voted into office.

I don't expect Trump to lose in 2020, but I don't underestimate the way voters might vote. So, nothing is a given.