The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

31 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Well, obviously true on that point, but Dershowitz is nothing more than a hired gun who will say whatever the one paying him wants him to say. It really bothers me, personally, that Dershowitz is even on this Trumps law team.

Yeah, how dare an expert on the Constitution take a job and do any work for the President during an impeachment proceeding proscribed by the Constitution!

BURN THE WITCH!

7 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Because if I want to rake Clinton and the other politicians and Hollywood elite over the coals regarding their involvement in the whole Jeffrey Epstein crimes I have to include Dershowitz in that. 

Dershowitz has long been known as a left leaning constitutional scholar. There's little evidence that he was involved in sex crimes. I can't think of a better person to address the constitutionality of this impeachment and the left will have a tough time invalidating his testimony. I posted earlier in either this thread or another that Dershowitz is not actually on Trump's team and his testimony is to be limited. This allows both Trump and Deshowitz to remain at arms length. 

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Yeah, how dare an expert on the Constitution take a job and do any work for the President during an impeachment proceeding proscribed by the Constitution!

BURN THE WITCH!

I expect that at some point in time that a past democrat comment favorable to Dershowitz will be thrown back at a democrat denigrating Dershowitz during the Senate trial. 

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Dershowitz has long been known as a left leaning constitutional scholar. There's little evidence that he was involved in sex crimes. I can't think of a better person to address the constitutionality of this impeachment and the left will have a tough time invalidating his testimony. I posted earlier in either this thread or another that Dershowitz is not actually on Trump's team and his testimony is to be limited. This allows both Trump and Deshowitz to remain at arms length. 

Dershowitz has been directly accused of participating in sex with an underage girl by the victim herself, if I remember correctly. Now Dershowitz may be a Constitutional Law genius but his presence in this sham of an impeachment trial tarnishes it even more. If I was Trump I would have told my advisors to get anyone else to address this situation other than Alan Dershowitz.

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Well, the Clinton attack machine has trained you well. Ignore the message and attack the messenger!

LOL Not even close. The guy has been accused of raping an underage child, not proven, but accused nonetheless. Trump should have steered clear of him.

2 hours ago, wnyguy said:

Well, obviously true on that point, but Dershowitz is nothing more than a hired gun who will say whatever the one paying him wants him to say. It really bothers me, personally, that Dershowitz is even on Trumps law team.

I agree that the sex allegations are at least distasteful and will cast doubt in some circles.  However, I think we can all expect Dershowitz who has a lot of credibility on legal and constitutional matters to give compelling well supported arguments on whatever matters he's asked to address.  This won't be some 6 minute TV segment simply pushing a narrative.  He'll be very prepared, likely very legally correct and convincing. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pilsner said:

I'm not a fan of the salacious because as a culture, and especially in the media, have decided anyone accused of anything salacious and disgusting is automatically guilty and must pay.

It doesn't matter if you're incorrectly accused of touching a little girl, or if you're Tawana Brawley, or Duke lacrosse, or the fake "A Rape on (UV) Campus," guilt is immediately assumed and penalty is immediately extracted simply because most people don't care if the stories are true. They want blood to prove they are against such vile things happening.

But Schiff is a proven unethical, lying douche canoe, and if these pictures surface, I hope he finds himself selling oranges on a Tenderloin District street corner for the rest of his disgusting life. Buck is a bad, bad dude who should rot in prison, and if Schiff is partying with him and the boy toys, I hope he confesses what he's done in Buck's place and agrees to accept being part of the inquiry into Buck's killing of young gay boys.

Edited by IDBillzFan

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm not a fan of the salacious because as a culture, and especially in the media, have decided anyone accused of anything salacious and disgusting is automatically guilty and must pay.

It doesn't matter if you're incorrectly accused of touching a little girl, or if you're Tawana Brawley, or Duke lacrosse, or the fake "A Rape on (UV) Campus," guilt is immediately assumed and penalty is immediately extracted simply because most people don't care if the stories are true. They want blood to prove they are against such vile things happening.

But Schiff is a proven unethical, lying douche canoe, and if these pictures surface, I hope he finds himself selling oranges on a Tenderloin District street corner for the rest of his disgusting life. Buck is a bad, bad dude who should rot in prison, and if Schiff is partying with him and the boy toys, I hope he confesses what he's done in Buck's place and agrees to accept being part of the inquiry into Buck's killing of young gay boys.

Since he’s from Hollywood, selling his body on Sunset and Vine would be more appropriate. 

17 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I get the distaste for this kind of thing.

But the time's come to bludgeon the left with their own weapons. Actually, it's long since overdue

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

Fantastic Pick.....

she's a yes!

17 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

not a fan...blah blah blah...... accused...due process.....something something.....but if its against someone I don't like..... WIN!!

I can't wait for the Senate to roll out witnesses and prove this prosecution is a sham!!

Edited by TH3