Defending our decision to draft Josh ?? really

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Legit football conversation relevant to the Bills, so still open, but be aware the OP link has been said to contain malware it tried to install on a member's computer.

Click at your own risk.

WARNING: One user below claims this website attempted to install Malware on his computer.  Click the link below at your OWN RISK

https://clutchpoints.com/sean-mcdermott-defends-bills-picking-josh-allen-over-lamar-jackson/

On the topic of anyone and everyone who can write a horrible article these days 

So now we have to defend our choice for passing on Lamar?

"A glaring error of not picking Lamar hangs above our heads"

Sorry I don't even think twice about having Lamar instead of Josh. I think both QB's are where they are supposed to be. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like Jackson, he is the combination of RGIII's size and speed with Tyrod Taylor's arm.  Plus he is with Greg Roman, and we all know what offense he ran with Tyrod.  The same one he is running in Baltimore.  It works, and although he doesn't have TT's arm talent, Jackson is an even better athlete than TT.   So that's that.

Defenses will figure out and pen in Jackson, just as they did RGIII and Tyrod . Or he will get blown up like RGIII did. Then,either way he will have to play from the pocket, which he doesn't have the arm talent to succeed, similar to Vick. 

I don't see Jackson lasting long, but he will be amazing and exciting to watch in the meantime, just as TT and RGIII were.  

Josh is more of the type of player who will have a long career in the NFL.   Big, tall , strong , big arm, can play in the pocket all day if he has to. 

McBeanes made the right choice in the draft.   again. 

Trust the Process.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

https://clutchpoints.com/sean-mcdermott-defends-bills-picking-josh-allen-over-lamar-jackson/

Sorry I don't even think twice about having Lamar instead of Josh. I think both QB's are where they are supposed to be. 

That applies to all teams picking in the 2018 first round...including the Ravens who took a TE before eventually picking Jackson.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

clutchpoints.com???? Clutchpoints.com??? 

with a Jim Mora voiceover...?

19 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

I like Jackson, he is the combination of RGIII's size and speed with Tyrod Taylor's arm.  Plus he is with Greg Roman, and we all know what offense he ran with Tyrod.  The same one he is running in Baltimore.  It works, and although he doesn't have TT's arm talent, Jackson is an even better athlete than TT.   So that's that.

Defenses will figure out and pen in Jackson, just as they did RGIII and Tyrod . Or he will get blown up like RGIII did. Then,either way he will have to play from the pocket, which he doesn't have the arm talent to succeed, similar to Vick. 

I don't see Jackson lasting long, but he will be amazing and exciting to watch in the meantime, just as TT and RGIII were.  

Josh is more of the type of player who will have a long career in the NFL.   Big, tall , strong , big arm, can play in the pocket all day if he has to. 

McBeanes made the right choice in the draft.   again. 

Trust the Process.

BTW... Does anyone where TT is? ... seriously... ?

33 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Unless we had Roman as OC Lamar would not look like he does with Baltimore. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Bufflow4 said:

When all is said and done, Josh will be the best of the 2017 QB draft class

Wasn't it the 2018 QB draft class?  In any case, the appropriateness of a draft pick is sometimes dependent on team circumstances.  There is no argument about Lamar Jackson being a great draft pick for the Baltimore Ravens.  It's not so clear that he would have been a great pick for the Bills.  Like everyone else (here at least) I'm very happy with Josh Allen.  Clutchpoints can go stuff it.

• Like (+1) 3